The Student Room Group

AQA Level 2 Certificate in Further Mathematics UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Paper 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Redcoats
Although I'm no expert, I don't think many employers or universities know that an A^ exists! As far as they know, the highest is an A* as it is for all other subjects so you will end up with, what seems to many as, 'the highest grade available'.

Do you think an A^ is even worth it, i/e. will universities see A^ as an A and hence, worse than an A*? That sucks if so. And by "very easy" do you mean the paper was a complete breeze and took you 30 mins? If so, you must be amazing atmaths! Well done. I found it fairly easy tbh, apart from 2 questions towards the end, though I suspect I knew how to do it, but rather ran out of time; it sucks really. I don't understand how we only get 2 hours for this, when looking at the time ratio allocations, surely 2 hours 10 minutes would have been more appopriate?
x = 60, 120, 240 and 300 degrees

Wow have you got 100% or something? That's insane. Admirable.
Original post by Chittesh14
Who found this paper easy wtf lol I found it hella hard.
Anyway, I didn't revise half of the topics so maybe that's why.
I doubt it'll ever be above 160 lol wtf, max it can be is 150 for sure...

everyone seems to be getting into the 150s, 160s so yh. Tbh because of past papers and better knoweldge of the spec, people are scoring better, hence i can see the grade bounadries being 160. So I'm slightly worried, because it means you can only get 3 questions across both papers wrong. ::frown:
Original post by 1jonam16
Wow have you got 100% or something? That's insane. Admirable.

I might have got the 3D Pythagoras question wrong. I got 42.83 (2dp). I'm pretty sure that's right however as I've seen another question just like it in a past paper and applied the exact same method to get this answer. Who knows .... What do you think you'll get?
everyone seems to be getting into the 150s, 160s so yh. Tbh because of past papers and better knoweldge of the spec, people are scoring better, hence i can see the grade bounadries being 160. So I'm slightly worried, because it means you can only get 3 questions across both papers wrong. ::frown:

Lol I didn't do any past papers, such a fool.
What do you think you got?
x = 60, 120, 240 and 300 degrees

What was the k = -1 question again.
Do you remember it, it was something like a quadratic or curve isn't it?
I might have got the 3D Pythagoras question wrong. I got 42.83 (2dp). I'm pretty sure that's right however as I've seen another question just like it in a past paper and applied the exact same method to get this answer. Who knows .... What do you think you'll get?

I think that 42.8° is correct. It's what I and a few others got.
You normally give angles to 1dp, hence why I don't know whether I got .83, however I probably did.
Do you think an A^ is even worth it, i/e. will universities see A^ as an A and hence, worse than an A*? That sucks if so. And by "very easy" do you mean the paper was a complete breeze and took you 30 mins? If so, you must be amazing atmaths! Well done. I found it fairly easy tbh, apart from 2 questions towards the end, though I suspect I knew how to do it, but rather ran out of time; it sucks really. I don't understand how we only get 2 hours for this, when looking at the time ratio allocations, surely 2 hours 10 minutes would have been more appopriate?

I think I finished in about 1 hour. I used the other hour to check. I do agree though, 2 hours 10 minutes is a minimum time allowance we should be given. About the A^, I am personally disgusted that AQA even thought it was necessary to add another grade above an A* that 99.9% of the world's population doesn't even know exists!
Lol I didn't do any past papers, such a fool.
What do you think you got?

Somewhere between 162-159 i think, but ofc I may have drop method marks, I really hope A^ doesn't go into the 160s I would literally be so upset, becuase I know with a few more minutes I would have done a lot better.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NiamhM1801
I think that 42.8° is correct. It's what I and a few others got.
You normally give angles to 1dp, hence why I don't know whether I got .83, however I probably did.

Yay. Looks like I got that right. You're probably correct about the 1dp; I'm not a very formal mathematician at all!

probs between 159-162.
Yay. Looks like I got that right. You're probably correct about the 1dp; I'm not a very formal mathematician at all!

that was one of the questions i messed up and yeah i think a similar question was on the 2014 paper. But i thought they wanted us to calculate a different angle, only know do I realise it's almost always the same. Sucks.
probs between 159-162.

That's phenomenal! Definitely an A^ I'm sure. Congratulations!
that was one of the questions i messed up and yeah i think a similar question was on the 2014 paper. But i thought they wanted us to calculate a different angle, only know do I realise it's almost always the same. Sucks.

Don't be hard yourself. It's over now. You've done astoundingly well.
Somewhere between 162-159 i think, but ofc I may have drop method marks, I really hope A^ doesn't go into the 160s I would literally be so upset, becuase I know with a few more minutes I would have done a lot better.

I think I got 140. I wouldn't say that's bad lol, I wasn't even prepared for neither of the exams - just too lazy. Hoping to change! I know it for a fact, A*^ will be less than 152. It will be 151 MAX if you are so confident it's going to be high lol.
I still think it's going to be either 144-147 and not any higher - maybe lower - 142/143?

Does that mean full marks for you then? :smile:
I think I got 140. I wouldn't say that's bad lol, I wasn't even prepared for neither of the exams - just too lazy. Hoping to change! I know it for a fact, A*^ will be less than 152. It will be 151 MAX if you are so confident it's going to be high lol.
I still think it's going to be either 144-147 and not any higher - maybe lower - 142/143?

I agree. I think an A^ will be wavering around 145
Original post by NiamhM1801
Does that mean full marks for you then? :smile:

I got all the same answers as the unofficial mark scheme so maybe! I normally don't do that well on calculator papers; I'm better at non-calculator for no apparent reason. Just got lucky this time around so it seems
I agree. I think an A^ will be wavering around 145

dy/dx = 3/2 x - kx4 + k

The gradient when x = -2 is 12, solve for k.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending