The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The reasons a lot of people had for deciding to vote leave worry me more than the decision

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well that was a ****ing disaster. Section A was like the maths challenge or something, didn't even answer one question, got a nonsense answer for another, got wrong answers in 2 more. B was ok but I was rushed so I probably made stupid mistakes. **** MEI, man...

Anyone else feel the same, or am I just terrible?
Any EU nationals going into university in UK will still be eligible for tuition fees like Home students are for the duration of their course, even after UK leaves the EU.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314
Any EU nationals going into university in UK will still be eligible for tuition fees like Home students are for the duration of their course, even after UK leaves the EU.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Source?
Well there goes my offer after that C4 exam :lol: awkward when I get an A* in FM but not normal Maths

Hope everyone else's exams are going better than mine!

Spoiler

Original post by felecita
Well there goes my offer after that C4 exam :lol: awkward when I get an A* in FM but not normal Maths

Spoiler

*gives comforting hug*

Spoiler

I'm so sorry to hear :frown: I'm not familiar with how lenient Cambridge is with offers, but surely if you can get an A* in FM, they would understand you're more than capable of the A* in Maths?
Original post by EricPiphany
*gives comforting hug*

:heart:

Original post by Student403
I'm so sorry to hear :frown: I'm not familiar with how lenient Cambridge is with offers, but surely if you can get an A* in FM, they would understand you're more than capable of the A* in Maths?

I really hope so but I'm trying to come to terms with the reality that they probably won't :frown: my college sent an email round more or less straight after the offer letters which essentially said to expect rejection if you miss your grades, even slightly. And from the admissions stats on the website, it looks like they gave out an extra 4 or so offers than the number of students they take in every year.

That being said, I looked over the C3 paper again and I'm now starting to think I didn't lose as many marks as I originally thought. Maybe I'll feel the same way about C4 once that initial post-exam panic wears off :redface: hope your exams are going well :smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

:heart:

I really hope so but I'm trying to come to terms with the reality that they probably won't :frown: my college sent an email round more or less straight after the offer letters which essentially said to expect rejection if you miss your grades, even slightly. And from the admissions stats on the website, it looks like they gave out an extra 4 or so offers than the number of students they take in every year.

That being said, I looked over the C3 paper again and I'm now starting to think I didn't lose as many marks as I originally thought. Maybe I'll feel the same way about C4 once that initial post-exam panic wears off :redface: hope your exams are going well :smile:

It's good to prepare for the worst, but you can always hope! You're doing the right thing :smile:

That's good! One thing I've noticed about C4 is that the mark schemes are huge. It takes me so long to scroll through them because of all the different methods they allow. I'm sure you've got many method marks.

Are you done now with exams?

Thank you :h:
It's good to prepare for the worst, but you can always hope! You're doing the right thing :smile:

That's good! One thing I've noticed about C4 is that the mark schemes are huge. It takes me so long to scroll through them because of all the different methods they allow. I'm sure you've got many method marks.

Hw have your exams been? Not seen you around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

:frown:

OCR MEI, I'm guessing? That section A was brutal... I was counting on maths to be a safe A* grade, but barring ridiculously low grade boundaries that won't happen now. I'm relying on psych and bio, and psych marking in particular is way too unpredictable for me to feel at all safe about it. Seriously dreading results day now...
Original post by physicsmaths
Hw have your exams been? Not seen you around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey man, most have been well but I'm worried about physics now.

I got an A in Unit 4 in Jan which I never resat and I flopped in Unit 6. So I basically need full in Unit 5 to even come close to an A* so I'm really worried about that :lol: Other than that it's been good

How about you?

Spoiler

Hey man, most have been well but I'm worried about physics now.

I got an A in Unit 4 in Jan which I never resat and I flopped in Unit 6. So I basically need full in Unit 5 to even come close to an A* so I'm really worried about that :lol: Other than that it's been good

How about you?

Well I underperfomed in step personally by doing easy questions at the end and running out of time etc but I could get SS or high 1,1 so not too sure but It should be enough to get in which is obviously the main aim haha.
AFM has gone good, kinda made stupid mistakes in M5 so probs got a low A bit tis good since M3-4 were probably 100 so AFM should be ok for A*. Physics U4 went great n i think i got around the A* so i need the 110/120 for A* in U5 and lile 98 for an A ish so surprisingly I 'may' meet my a level offer and miss my step one. Weird since i was more confident about step. Atleast nothing has gone bad. Hope its enough n i dnt get rejected if i got 1,1 then I would be gutted. 2 left now U5 and D2.

Hahahahahahaha...
Tbh the scariest thing about this is boris as pm

Maybe it's for the best, I always had this worry that Cambridge wouldn't be right for me. I feel like I somehow blagged my way through the admissions process and in reality, I don't have that hard-working, in love with my subject personality that everyone seems to have :dontknow: I'll still be disappointed of course, but maybe slightly relieved.

Method marks are my only hope right now :lol: with those, decent boundaries and a huge amount of luck I might just scrape a 90.

One more, S3 next Wednesday! Haven't actually had time to do many papers yet so I'm hoping it won't be too bad. Kind of unmotivated to revise as almost all my friends are finished now and I think I did well enough on M2/S2/FP3 but I'd like to finish with a good exam so I'd better hit the past papers :h: you?

Original post by Zacken

Spoiler

This was honestly such a nice message to read, thank you so much! :jumphug: I know I made a load of careless errors (forgetting to square root the modulus of a vector on my calculator, despite writing down the correct method on the line above with square root included :facepalm: ). I wouldn't be so angry at myself if I was genuinely unable to do the questions due to lack of preparation/understanding, I'm just so bad for mistakes like that and never notice them when I'm checking.

Hope yours are going well, you really deserve it!
This was honestly such a nice message to read, thank you so much! :jumphug: I know I made a load of careless errors (forgetting to square root the modulus of a vector on my calculator, despite writing down the correct method on the line above with square root included :facepalm: ). I wouldn't be so angry at myself if I was genuinely unable to do the questions due to lack of preparation/understanding, I'm just so bad for mistakes like that and never notice them when I'm checking.

Hope yours are going well, you really deserve it!

Ah, stuff like that only cost you 1 mark or so and you do it on OCR MEI, don't you? They've got reasonable boundaries, from what I recall - I'm sure you'll find that you've done surprisingly fine. :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Mostly_Crazy
:frown:

OCR MEI, I'm guessing? That section A was brutal... I was counting on maths to be a safe A* grade, but barring ridiculously low grade boundaries that won't happen now. I'm relying on psych and bio, and psych marking in particular is way too unpredictable for me to feel at all safe about it. Seriously dreading results day now...

Non-MEI :tongue: Our paper wasn't too bad, timing was what screwed me over most I think. Extra 10 mins and I think I'd have been able to gain another 8 marks or so. Cursing myself for messing up a simple parts question, wrote 1x3\frac{1}{\sqrt[3]x} as x3x^{-3} in the initial v' sub so had to redo the whole thing which took a while. Finding the mistake and fixing that probably took me 10 mins so not a good move.

I heard a lot of bad things about the MEI paper from friends, so you never know about the boundaries and I'm sure you will have done better than you think, once you look back on it with a clear head after a few days! Best of luck for all your subjects, I know the feeling of dreading results day now but you have an offer for a reason, you're capable of meeting it and I'm sure you will.

Latest

Trending

Trending