The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Damn OKC management actually know what they're doing. Ibaka has been overrated for years and Oladipo is a great asset. Probably much likelier KD stays too
LOL Ibaka is a free agent next year hahahahaha
Reply 162
Original post by dnan
I said earlier I don't see a worthwhile trade for Ibaka unless it's for Love, but fock me we pulled off a mad one for Oladipo

OKC fan as well?

Yeah we have a great chance of winning it next year. So you think we'll use the twin towers or whether we'll have another PF coming in?

Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
LOL Ibaka is a free agent next year hahahahaha
This is the best trade I've seen for ages.

Any good PF free agents around? Could have a 5 that beats Cleveland and GSW. Can trash Dion Waiters as well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 163
Original post by bammy jastard 27
OKC fan as well?

Yeah we have a great chance of winning it next year. So you think we'll use the twin towers or whether we'll have another PF coming in?

This is the best trade I've seen for ages.

Any good PF free agents around? Could have a 5 that beats Cleveland and GSW. Can trash Dion Waiters as well.

At the moment I'd go for a RW Oladipo Kd (assuming he stays) Unspecified PF, Adams lineup with Kanter coming off the bench for 25-30 mins a night. I don't really know who we'll play at PF, although i'm assuming we either trade Ilyasova bench him because although I think he's decent, I don't think he's final's contenders good. Although I'd much rather have him than a combination of Nick Collison and Kendrick Perkins starting every night at centre like a few years ago.
Damn OKC management actually know what they're doing. Ibaka has been overrated for years and Oladipo is a great asset. Probably much likelier KD stays too

Sabonis is a nice pick up too. Watched him play a fair amount at various junior fiba tournaments and he was very solid. Also those tournaments will be starting again pretty soon (i think the u17 one may have already started) and they can be pretty interesting to watch as there are some very talented players in them (e.g. sabonis, bender, porzingis, korkmaz etc etc)
I am in.

Unfortunately i am an Oklahoma city thunder fan.

Here's hoping KD doesnt join the warriors bandwagon.
Reply 166
Lol KD would be a complete dumbass to join the Warriors.
Reply 167
Original post by MamzZass
I am in.

Unfortunately i am an Oklahoma city thunder fan.

Here's hoping KD doesnt join the warriors bandwagon.

if KD leaves, which I'm 98% sure wouldn't happen, he'd only consider Washington. There's virtually 0% chance of him going anywhere else, unless Lakers to reunite with Westbrook next year, but although I can't say for sure, I'm confident he'll be in the sooner state next year
Original post by dnan
if KD leaves, which I'm 98% sure wouldn't happen, he'd only consider Washington. There's virtually 0% chance of him going anywhere else, unless Lakers to reunite with Westbrook next year, but although I can't say for sure, I'm confident he'll be in the sooner state next year

I reckon short term deal with opt-out clause(like lebrons) is the most likely option. KD and westbrook become free agents together.

Especially with the ibaka trade, proving that presti is willing to move pieces for him. which imo we robbed orlando blind. One last okc playoff push.

The fact that theres uncertainty in his free agency is unsettling, but thats to be expected.

LA is an intriguing team with its talent. Althogh I dont think theyll aggressively pursue KD if they plan on building around ingram for the long term.
Did OKC just traded serge and still won the trade. Holy guck
Reply 170
I reckon short term deal with opt-out clause(like lebrons) is the most likely option. KD and westbrook become free agents together.

Especially with the ibaka trade, proving that presti is willing to move pieces for him. which imo we robbed orlando blind. One last okc playoff push.

The fact that theres uncertainty in his free agency is unsettling, but thats to be expected.

LA is an intriguing team with its talent. Althogh I dont think theyll aggressively pursue KD if they plan on building around ingram for the long term.

OMG.... If KD comes to LA.. I'll cry with joy :colondollar::redface: We'll have a KD and mini-KD on the same team :biggrin:

But I know we don't have a chance of getting him :frown:
2k16 is on Steam sale for £8!!! Just bought it
Original post by eden3
Lol KD would be a complete dumbass to join the Warriors.

How so?
Original post by blackened_sky
How so?

Legacy wise its a bad move. They argue that hed be second to curry and is hopping on the bandwagon.

As far as a basketball move it is a good one. Guaranteed chip.

People might say hes only going to be option 1b but tbh hed probably 1a. So i find the legacy argument stale but i get it.
Legacy wise its a bad move. They argue that hed be second to curry and is hopping on the bandwagon.

As far as a basketball move it is a good one. Guaranteed chip.

People might say hes only going to be option 1b but tbh hed probably 1a. So i find the legacy argument stale but i get it.

Can see that argument, but I think it would be a smart move. It's the 'complete dumbass' part that staggered me. Playing alongside Curry, Klay, Draymond [and a potential new centre]. To accommodate KD we'd have to bin HB and Ezeli, and one of Iggy, Shaun, Bogut. Think Boges is the most replaceable. All that said, basically KD with the Warriors would be a formidable team.

I don't think we'll get Durant though.
Reply 175
Lol..... let it stagger you... I'm not even gonna bother this time...
Original post by blackened_sky
Can see that argument, but I think it would be a smart move. It's the 'complete dumbass' part that staggered me. Playing alongside Curry, Klay, Draymond [and a potential new centre]. To accommodate KD we'd have to bin HB and Ezeli, and one of Iggy, Shaun, Bogut. Think Boges is the most replaceable. All that said, basically KD with the Warriors would be a formidable team.

I don't think we'll get Durant though.

Staggering cause it's reactionary/hyperbolic as anything, but then sports fans like over reacting.

Money wise it's in KD's interest to remain at OKC for a year, and Championship wise it's pretty solid anyway. Going to the Dubs yeah is insane for his chances, but staying at OKC he still has a very good chance too. Plus, given we would need to clear a fair bit of cap space, yeah I think I can see home staying at OKC.
I has been waiting for this. LeBron and Draymond are up too. Though the latters are because they're considered to be exceptional defenders. (and are appropriately worded exposed as opposed to schooled) Although NTJ acknowledges LeBron was exceptional games 3-6

[video="youtube;llGbnY-a5DU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llGbnY-a5DU[/video]

Although nobody expects Currys defence to be great so it's just a cool Kyrie highlights reel more than anything :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 178
I has been waiting for this. LeBron and Draymond are up too. Though the latters are because they're considered to be exceptional defenders. (and are appropriately worded exposed as opposed to schooled) Although NTJ acknowledges LeBron was exceptional games 3-6

Although nobody expects Currys defence to be great so it's just a cool Kyrie highlights reel more than anything :biggrin:

[video="youtube;FRrh_WkyXko"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRrh_WkyXko[/video]
Original post by eden3
X

Someone had a really cool analogy that LeBron's GOAT block was like him hunting a gazelle with one last chance to feed his hungry pack :rofl:

Man got a road named after him you know :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest