The Student Room Group

AQA Level 2 Certificate in Further Mathematics UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Paper 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Redcoats
I got all the same answers as the unofficial mark scheme so maybe! I normally don't do that well on calculator papers; I'm better at non-calculator for no apparent reason. Just got lucky this time around so it seems

Wow that's insane...I normally do better on calc papers but today's didn't go as well as past papers - so annoying as I got 102 on last year's! Ah well it's done now. Well done though, that's amazing :smile:
dy/dx = 3/2 x - kx4 + k

The gradient when x = -2 is 12, solve for k.

Oh right, I don't even remember. I think I got it wrong, I done something else lol read the question wrong again
Original post by Chittesh14
Oh right, I don't even remember. I think I got it wrong, I done something else lol read the question wrong again

Don't worry about it. I've done that before more times than I care to remember. Enjoy your holidays.
I think I got 140. I wouldn't say that's bad lol, I wasn't even prepared for neither of the exams - just too lazy. Hoping to change! I know it for a fact, A*^ will be less than 152. It will be 151 MAX if you are so confident it's going to be high lol.
I still think it's going to be either 144-147 and not any higher - maybe lower - 142/143?

I agree. I think an A^ will be wavering around 145

yess that's promising :smile:
That's phenomenal! Definitely an A^ I'm sure. Congratulations!

Don't be hard yourself. It's over now. You've done astoundingly well.

nah it's okay, not amazing probs average amongst my class. But you, my friend should be pleased. Very well done! if you get 100% i think you get a special letter from AQA :smile:
Original post by 1jonam16
nah it's okay, not amazing probs average amongst my class. But you, my friend should be pleased. Very well done! if you get 100% i think you get a special letter from AQA :smile:

Well that's going on the CV! Enjoy your holidays, how many weeks or months do you have off?

i hope you get your A^! Its sad to think that for every A^ there's a C, it seems unfair. Btw what would happen if hypothetically if the entire country got 175/175 just say, can eveyrone get A^? What do yopu think would happen?
Well that's going on the CV! Enjoy your holidays, how many weeks or months do you have off?

Haha well done, I have 9 weeks off now, but i'm being forced to go on holiday. Ughh, I wish i could stay home and do something better, rather than (dare I say it) go out!! You too, enjoy your holiday.
i hope you get your A^! Its sad to think that for every A^ there's a C, it seems unfair. Btw what would happen if hypothetically if the entire country got 175/175 just say, can eveyrone get A^? What do yopu think would happen?

If the entire country got 175/175, then the boundary for A*^ would be full marks and obviously the whole country would get it then lol.
yess that's promising :smile:

Lol, you're not that good at predicting boundaries, but you are really good at this course. So, just don't worry lol. Even if you miss out - I know you won't, it's not the end of the world.
A-level is the real ****.
Haha well done, I have 9 weeks off now, but i'm being forced to go on holiday. Ughh, I wish i could stay home and do something better, rather than (dare I say it) go out!! You too, enjoy your holiday.

I've got 2 months and 10 days off. Do you not like going on holiday?
I've got 2 months and 10 days off. Do you not like going on holiday?

not really, unless it;s somewhere new I guess. But yh, I hate the hot weather, much rather prefer the cold.
not really, unless it;s somewhere new I guess. But yh, I hate the hot weather, much rather prefer the cold.

Yeah the cold is quite refreshing. I'm leaving now, see you!
Yeah the cold is quite refreshing. I'm leaving now, see you!

bye! Are you off on holiday now?
bye! Are you off on holiday now?

No no, I'm leaving this thread!
ahh ok
No no, I'm leaving this thread!
I'm very sorry for calling it 'really easy', I was being insensitive and not very empathetic! Don't worry if it was difficult - remember that could mean low boundaries and the boundaries are normally low regardless! I hope you achieve the grade that you want - and I'm sure you will. Enjoy your liberal summer.

Sorry.... I tend to react quite strongly to things! :smile: Have a good Summer too. I didn't find it too difficult I just get a little jumpy after exams. I seriously hope that I didn't come across as too aggressive when you were just stating your opinion. :biggrin: I made a silly mistake on the last question doing inverse sine of + and -3/4 instead of + and - root 3/4 (if that was what was right..) and have been a little annoyed with myself. By the way, do you think I have a chance of getting any marks for that? I rearranged the equation correctly and did the correct method to find other angles.... I know they are quite stingy with method marks though...
(edited 7 years ago)
Everybody stop arguing now and start reading about A-level Maths - which I'm sure you all will be taking next year.
Everybody stop arguing now and start reading about A-level Maths - which I'm sure you all will be taking next year.

Im taking A level maths next year but im worried about it, anyone else?
Original post by ErinMei
Im taking A level maths next year but im worried about it, anyone else?

Me too - but not worried if I work hard from now.
If I don't work hard and stay the way I am, I will come out with an E. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest