The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get into medicine through adjustments/clearing?

Hi,
I don't have the predicted grades to get into medicine, so i am going to apply to clinical sciences/biomed with the intention of transferring to medicine (eg bradford to leeds).

However if my A level results exceed the predicted grades, and are good enough for a medicine course, would i be able to get in through adjustments or clearing(without ukcat etc) ??

Thankyou:h:
No, your best bet is to take a gap year then apply with achieved grades.
Reply 2
Original post by whydoidothis?
No, your best bet is to take a gap year then apply with achieved grades.

Ohh okay thankyou!
Reply 3
Original post by questioons
Hi,
I don't have the predicted grades to get into medicine, so i am going to apply to clinical sciences/biomed with the intention of transferring to medicine (eg bradford to leeds).

However if my A level results exceed the predicted grades, and are good enough for a medicine course, would i be able to get in through adjustments or clearing(without ukcat etc) ??

No, sorry, this isn't possible. In the very, very unlikely situation of a medical school needing extra people they'll have their own internal shortlist made up of people who achieved the grades, UKCAT, etc. and all other aspects of the application, attended interview however were unsuccessful at this last stage.

If you find your results are better than you expect on results day, I recommend taking a gap year and then re-applying to medicine. A lot cheaper and a generally all-round better way to apply to medicine - the odds of transfer on a biomed transfer course are extremely low, and if you're unsuccessful you need to have the motivation to complete the degree to a high standard. Then, you'd have to apply to GEM (which is significantly more competitive than 'normal' entry), and pay the fees etc. out of your own pocket as there's no government funding.
Original post by questioons
Hi,

Medical schools dont put their courses up in clearing because they like to interview their candidates, its not all about grades.

Your best bet if you got the required grades on results day would be to withdraw from your universities for biomed and take a gap year and apply to medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest