The Student Room Group

Statistics

Hey so this is my last exam and I'm drinking fruit shoot rn :tongue:. How do I revise for statistics:smile:? I'm doing edexcel by the way and I've worked so hard for all my exams and I have a last stats exam next Monday. Any tips for statistics? :smile:

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fruit shoot
Hey so this is my last exam and I'm drinking fruit shoot rn :tongue:. How do I revise for statistics:smile:? I'm doing edexcel by the way and I've worked so hard for all my exams and I have a last stats exam next Monday. Any tips for statistics? :smile:

Thanks.

Same here ! How you revising ?
I did statistics last year. If you read through the CGP textbook and make sure you can do all the topics, then you'll be fine. If you don't want to buy, then past papers is an excellent option!!
Original post by ScienceFantatic
I did statistics last year. If you read through the CGP textbook and make sure you can do all the topics, then you'll be fine. If you don't want to buy, then past papers is an excellent option!!

If you don't mind me asking, what did you get? A* ?
Original post by nisha.sri
If you don't mind me asking, what did you get? A* ?

I got an A, unfortunately I was 2 marks off an A* aha. If you did the 2015 mock for AQA, I lost like 10 marks on a Venn diagram question lol, it haunts me

Anyway! My advice still stands. Past papers are honestly an amazing way to revise, especially for statistics, as the content is so repetitive.
Reply 5
I got an A, unfortunately I was 2 marks off an A* aha. If you did the 2015 mock for AQA, I lost like 10 marks on a Venn diagram question lol, it haunts me

Anyway! My advice still stands. Past papers are honestly an amazing way to revise, especially for statistics, as the content is so repetitive.

Yeah the Venn diagram was alone 5 marks I lost some on the mocks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hi, I did statistics early last year in year 10 and got an A*. For me, the best way to revise was just going through all the past papers (we did this in class anyway) and remembering all of the equations and how to use them. Also, if you have the CGP revision guide, that can really help. Good luck on your last exam!! Mine was yesterday and it felt sooooooo good to be done!!! You'll do well if you really try!
Reply 7
Same here ! How you revising ?

I covered all the content. Just going to practice some past papers now. I found the content here http://www.allinfo.org.uk/revision-gcse/stats.htm#sd :smile:
Reply 8

bah humbug. I bought all the books apart from this one. :redface:
Reply 9
Original post by aijlee
Hi, I did statistics early last year in year 10 and got an A*. For me, the best way to revise was just going through all the past papers (we did this in class anyway) and remembering all of the equations and how to use them. Also, if you have the CGP revision guide, that can really help. Good luck on your last exam!! Mine was yesterday and it felt sooooooo good to be done!!! You'll do well if you really try!

Yeah I'm doing some past papers. But ty for the advice:smile:
I did Statistics last year, it was like an extra option we had to teach ourselves in :frown: I only actually got 2 days where the teachers actually taught me and my friends. We basically just did 2 days of constant past papers and we all got As and A*s in the exam. Past papers is literally the best way forward. If you wanted you could also make flashcards with all the definitions and stuff, from memory there was a few that came up. I don't think there's any other way to revise maths tbh. Good luck!
Original post by Student232
I did Statistics last year, it was like an extra option we had to teach ourselves in :frown: I only actually got 2 days where the teachers actually taught me and my friends. We basically just did 2 days of constant past papers and we all got As and A*s in the exam. Past papers is literally the best way forward. If you wanted you could also make flashcards with all the definitions and stuff, from memory there was a few that came up. I don't think there's any other way to revise maths tbh. Good luck!

Yeah tbh out of all the subjects I studied, statistics was one of the least ngl but after learning the content all today and doing a paper I got an A* :smile:(76 was an A* I got a 80). So yeah past papers do actually work and I seem quite confident with Stats now so I'm going to do like 3 or 4 tomorrow papers. Thanks and yh might try testing myself with flashcards!! :tongue:
Yeah I'm doing some past papers. But ty for the advice:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing past papers too. I think they are the best resource. 😊
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing past papers too. I think they are the best resource. 😊

Yh. :tongue: What's your average score :smile:
Yh. :tongue: What's your average score :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

70-80 but if it's a good paper then 80-90 you?
I'm also doing the Edexcel paper on Monday😛 I'm just doing past papers and reading through the revision guide. What grade do you want to achieve overall? I'm aiming for an A* so I need to get 90/100 in the exam according to my teacher to guarantee that grade...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by harry_16
I'm also doing the Edexcel paper on Monday😛 I'm just doing past papers and reading through the revision guide. What grade do you want to achieve overall? I'm aiming for an A* so I need to get 90/100 in the exam according to my teacher to guarantee that grade...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool 😊 Good luck. I thought you needed 81 ish to get an A* not 90-100
Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool 😊 Good luck. I thought you needed 81 ish to get an A* not 90-100

Yeah, you do, but I got an A in the coursework so I need a slightly higher A* in the exam to make it an A* overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by harry_16
Yeah, you do, but I got an A in the coursework so I need a slightly higher A* in the exam to make it an A* overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok. I never got told what i got for my Coursework 😠
Have any of you guys had a statistics class or are you just taking it as an extra too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest