The Student Room Group

Edexcel C4 June 2016 - Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

will 72 in c3 and 64/65 in c4 be enough for the a*?
Original post by Nightinwind
will 72 in c3 and 64/65 in c4 be enough for the a*?

http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo/www/index.php?p=calculator&target=gce
is 74/75 an A* ?

Thanks in advance
Will 65 in C3 and 74/75 in C4 be enough for the A*?
Original post by Orangething775
If I put '10 hours and 33 minutes' for question 4, would I get all the marks? Thanks for the unofficial mark scheme by the way- really helpful :smile:

I did the same thing! It should be okay, because similar questions have allowed this.
For example, Question 8 on the June 2007 paper allows 't = 399 min or t = 6 hr 39 mins (to nearest minute)'. This is practically the same question so i can't see them not allowing our answer.

Hope this helps, and hope we both get the mark :biggrin:
Original post by irahman786
is 74/75 an A* ?

Thanks in advance

Really pushing your luck bro, maybe if the grade boundary gods are kind, just maybe you can hope for an A, but I would let your parents know asap to avoid disappointment on results day.
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov
How many marks do you think i will get for the last part of the last question if i only did until the point where you get a quadratic equation for lambda? I just didn't have time to finish it off.

3/5
Original post by Ninjakam119
Really pushing your luck bro, maybe if the grade boundary gods are kind, just maybe you can hope for an A, but I would let your parents know asap to avoid disappointment on results day.

Ah man that sucks, appreciate it. Looks like im gonna get forced in to an arranged marriage with my first cousin now :frown:
Original post by bat_man
hey does anyone thing 64/65 in this c4 paper is enough for an A??

Almost certainly yes
Reply 430
For question 3b, how many marks would I lose not getting the right dy/dx value. I was still able to get 3 correct values, just 68 instead of 62.

Also would I lose a mark for writing the area for vectors question as 2.40 instead of 2.4.
guys i put lamda as 16 but i think i integrated correctly, why did i get 16???
Reply 432
does anybody know how many marks 4.b) 6.b), d), 7.b) and 8.e) were? thanks in advance
How many marks was the last vectors question? And also what was the question for k=2? Thank you x
Reply 434
Original post by Ninjakam119

LOL
Question, for volumes of revol I Only worked out total volume, forgot to take away from the shape (was a 4 mark question) how many marks would I drop there?

Also on the last question Finding Co ords of E, In the last minute I found in my calc that lambda = +-2/5, I wrote that its those values and wrote the corresponding co ords, however I didn't show me getting -+ 2/5, how many marks (out of 5) would I drop?
Original post by somebodyelse98
guys i put lamda as 16 but i think i integrated correctly, why did i get 16???

Did you differentiate U = 4Sin^2 X correctly? Might be your problem if you were out by a factor of two.
Original post by Khoinet
Got the same for everything except for the vector question. I got different cos theta value and area.

The same for me. I think I got root 15 something. The angle turned out to be 67 something. Was that similar to yours?
Original post by Mattematics
Pretty sure every answer is now correct. Enjoy :smile:

Question 1:

Spoiler

Question 2:

Spoiler

Question 3:

Spoiler

Question 4:

Spoiler

Question 5:

Spoiler

Question 6:

Spoiler

Question 7:

Spoiler

Question 8:

Spoiler

If you want to edit it in for others, an alternate form of 6b) was ln(A y-2(3y+2)3) where A is a constant
Can anyone give me a guess as to how many marks I'd lose for getting the limits wrong on th eQ7b integral for the volume generated y=8 and getting the final answer wrong too? And getting the wrong time for Q4? I'm thinking I'm losing anywhere from 3 to about 7 here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending