The Student Room Group

AQA Mathematics MD01 Decision 1 – Friday 24th June [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -jordan-
There was no answer, you just had to do the algorithm. But I did get AJ as 13. It said find the shortest distances to all the fair ground rides or something like that. The next question was 1 mark and was the shortest route from A to G.

A-J was 15
A-G was 13

point E or D the one you had to make a bridge with was 9

the bridge reduced distance to G but distance to J didnt change.

this tells you x>>3 and x<4

so x=3
Original post by Busted838
A-J was 15
A-G was 13

point E or D the one you had to make a bridge with was 9

the bridge reduced distance to G but distance to J didnt change.

this tells you x>>3 and x<4

so x=3

Ah yes, I remember now. AJ was 15.
Reply 182
Can someone answer this?
If I got X and y correct in the last question but got profit to be 600 by 20x + 15y how many would I lose?
Original post by SM-
Can someone answer this?
If I got X and y correct in the last question but got profit to be 600 by 20x + 15y how many would I lose?

should only be 1
Original post by BanterBus
I got £505 too, the last section was 3 marks so we should pick up atleast 1 ft mark.

I got £505 too i got all the lines correct, there was two intersect i found the first one gave me x=20 and y=10, subbing into p=15x + 20y, gave £500, i know for sure that 20 and 10 are correct as i used the simultaneous eq however i tried the other interect point and found x=27 and y=5 which gave £505 obvs i went with £505 i dont know how ppl got £520 maybe used wront points or line. Fingers crossed
Reply 185
Original post by Zyzz_aesthetic
I got £505 too i got all the lines correct, there was two intersect i found the first one gave me x=20 and y=10, subbing into p=15x + 20y, gave £500, i know for sure that 20 and 10 are correct as i used the simultaneous eq however i tried the other interect point and found x=27 and y=5 which gave £505 obvs i went with £505 i dont know how ppl got £520 maybe used wront points or line. Fingers crossed

Nah it's 520
Original post by yelash
For the first part I did 10+12=24 but noticed lucky :smile: That would've haunted me forever!!
Wasn't sure what to do for the last two parts. It said start and finish at any point, so I added 10 to the total time they gave us, and for the last part I added 12 and stated the one that he didn't finish at from the '10'

which question is this about? pretty sure i did the 10+12 :/
Original post by Hjyu1
Nah it's 520

Tbh at this point i am just hoping i am right but your probably right, i wouldnt have cared much if only AQA didnt **** me with core 3.
Reply 188
Tbh at this point i am just hoping i am right but your probably right, i wouldnt have cared much if only AQA didnt **** me with core 3.

I did c3 last year such a nice paper what came up in yours
Original post by Hjyu1
I did c3 last year such a nice paper what came up in yours

Yh i agree all the c3 papers from 2015 and before were all standard, same pattern but this year, i kid you not most retarted questions like i had my friends who get As **** up, **** like secx + tanx= 5, show that secx - tanx= -0.2, and it was like 2-3 mark and then you had to find x, then find the angle, so if you coukdnt do the 3 marker you lost the next 5 marks **** like that..

I think your critical region is wrong. You went above x=2y and not below.
Oh i see well i did djikstra right and got A-G to be 13 in that case. But i misread the question and thought the route it wanted was A-J
Also got X=3
Mistakes I made
Small error on one of the nearest neighbours
Read the wrong coordinates for max profit
Wrong route on djikstra but algorithm was right and I gotX=3
Feel quite good about my graph theory answers
Oo and the kruskals question asking for an inequality I put k>10 which is apparently wrong.
Im going for around 65
Reply 193
Original post by sufiyan1999
Mistakes I made
Small error on one of the nearest neighbours
Read the wrong coordinates for max profit
Wrong route on djikstra but algorithm was right and I gotX=3
Feel quite good about my graph theory answers
Oo and the kruskals question asking for an inequality I put k>10 which is apparently wrong.
Im going for around 65

Why is kruskals wrong there is not other information to say k between any other boundary
Original post by Hjyu1
Why is kruskals wrong there is not other information to say k between any other boundary

Apparently according to people on this its 10 <K<14??
Not sure. But i got the 10
Original post by -jordan-
I think your critical region is wrong. You went above x=2y and not below.

I thought i did too but i used my graphics cal to plot the region x>2y which is the right inequality i dont think i got that wrong i am not sure where i messed up shm :frown:
I thought i did too but i used my graphics cal to plot the region x>2y which is the right inequality i dont think i got that wrong i am not sure where i messed up shm :frown:

I went below, got the right objective line equation and I still got £500 :frown: :/
Original post by yelash
I went below, got the right objective line equation and I still got £500 :frown: :/

Yh you do go below, so your right there but i got 500 first then got 505, oh well
Original post by harv221
which question is this about? pretty sure i did the 10+12 :/

The Chinese postman question which had several variations/parts but only was like 9 marks total.
Pretty sure my answer to a) was right but i wasn't really sure for b) or c)
Yh you do go below, so your right there but i got 500 first then got 505, oh well

Well the variation between £500/£505 can be explained by a sight variation in lines because both my values were values which i rounded down. This was necessary as rounding up from e.g. 10.5 is not right as it would be outside the feasible region.

However the general consensus seems to be £520 so I'm not very confident. If it's £505 i should get the marks though due to reading errors and vise versa for you, but i don't it will be either :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending