The Student Room Group

I'm a Pole I think Brexit was STUPID

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Magdax
So UK workers don't go to Poland, spain, etc? :lol:

**** all to do with my comparison, most people that go to Spain take their money to retire...
Of course I know loads of people that have gone to Poland for work. Many Brits go there.......
(edited 7 years ago)
This is ridiculous. Arguing that Brexit is wrong because they won is not very good.

We cannot pick and choose what we do in a democratic society. When Scotland voted to stay in the UK, people did not say that those who vote to stay in the UK were stupid or wrong. That is how referendums work.

Why will you be okay with something that benefits you and then criticize something that does not benefit you? It is just selfish.

If the UK will suffer outside the EU, why was there such an international outrage about the vote? If the UK was so insignificant in the grand scheme of the EU, then nobody would have noticed or even cared.

My guess is that things will not really change for the UK. The global markets will settle after a few days and things will be back to normal.

Finally, people should stop labelling those who voted to leave as stupid or less intelligent. I am sure that if other EU countries like Greece, Italy etc gave their people a referendum, many may vote like the UK did. Unfortunately, the Governments there are denying them a fundamental right to decide their future.
Original post by Magdax
UK economy is already at all time low, pound no longer strong currency. Finance (UK biggest industry) moving abroad to EU

Skilled migrants (including Polish) forced to move out of UK and UK citizens in other countries also.

Immigration is most dangerous from countries such as Pakistan, Africa, the third world etc, because of terrorism. Or Syrian refugees

So "leave" voters are not even changing this by blocking the EU :facepalm: Eastern Europe, France, etc. are very similar to UK culturally

Also the most educated and richest UK people (e.g. celebrities or London) all voting to Remain. Racists want to Leave

Actually, the FTSE 100 closed 2% above what it was last week. It just dropped in the morning. :smile:

Project Fear means nothing.
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
They should have made voters take an IQ test first

I'm thinking they should at least have been made to write a few sentences with valid reasoning.
Original post by jake4198
The markets have already began to stable. If you take a moment to look at financial news sources like Reuters and the Financial Times, there is suggestion that the Pound is already beginning to recover from the volatility of voting to Leave. It is against the interests of the IMF. the G7 and especially the EU for Britain to enter recession, which is why all the aforementioned organisations are working to stable the markets and work with the UK.

Unlike in 2007, the Bank of England is prepared for economic turbulence and so the consequences will only be pertinent in the short-term. The hysterics from the left are hilarious.

The lefties gonna left XD

I invested in the GBP/USD, went in at 1 in the morning before the collapse, sold at the low price at 8, bought at low and just sold high 🤑🤑
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Wired_1800
This is ridiculous. Arguing that Brexit is wrong because they won is not very good.

We cannot pick and choose what we do in a democratic society. When Scotland voted to stay in the UK, people did not say that those who vote to stay in the UK were stupid or wrong. That is how referendums work.

Why will you be okay with something that benefits you and then criticize something that does not benefit you? It is just selfish.

If the UK will suffer outside the EU, why was there such an international outrage about the vote? If the UK was so insignificant in the grand scheme of the EU, then nobody would have noticed or even cared.

My guess is that things will not really change for the UK. The global markets will settle after a few days and things will be back to normal.

Finally, people should stop labelling those who voted to leave as stupid or less intelligent. I am sure that if other EU countries like Greece, Italy etc gave their people a referendum, many may vote like the UK did. Unfortunately, the Governments there are denying them a fundamental right to decide their future.

I'm not labelling them stupid on my own, I didnt know Remain was better educated till seeing a thread on here and a forum :lol:
Original post by Magdax
A lot of Daily mail and the express readers for example don't like "seeing brown faces" in London. Just look at comments for articles? And we all see them celebrating Brexit LOL..

London has long lost it's British culture. It's just foreign cultures. I know I have family that lived in East London and campaigned there in 2015, the amount of white people that didn't understand me was astounding, not to mention all these immigrants were poor. I think since London voted to remain, we should let it have independence, move all the financial stuff out of it to the outskirts, wall it off completely and let nothing in or out.
Original post by Magdax
A lot of Daily mail and the express readers for example don't like "seeing brown faces" in London. Just look at comments for articles? And we all see them celebrating Brexit LOL..

You're making an assumption that Brexiters are racist over the Dailymail comments? Dear God. The most reps I've seen on a post like that is about 20,000 on the DM. A very very tiny proportion of the 17 million that voted Leave.

So no, most Brexit supporters aren't racist. You can't back up yourself with Dailymail comments for God's sake.
Reply 48
Original post by Supersaps
Actually, the FTSE 100 closed 2% above what it was last week. It just dropped in the morning. :smile:

Project Fear means nothing.

The pound is down :smile:
Original post by Magdax

Yes, the pound is down. But that's not always a bad thing. It's very good for exports.
Reply 50
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
You're making an assumption that Brexiters are racist over the Dailymail comments? Dear God. The most reps I've seen on a post like that is about 20,000 on the DM. A very very tiny proportion of the 17 million that voted Leave.

So no, most Brexit supporters aren't racist. You can't back up yourself with Dailymail comments for God's sake.

No, but all racists will vote Leave

And the Daily mail is the most popular news website in UK (even "tabloid" :tongue:)
Reply 51
Original post by Supersaps
Yes, the pound is down. But that's not always a bad thing. It's very good for exports.

Good for the rich City of london but elderly (who voted Out lol) will get pensions worth less :s-smilie:
Original post by Magdax

And the Daily mail is the most popular news website in UK (even "tabloid" :tongue:)

For God's sake woman do you have any evidence for this? You're just stating opinions of yours not facts.

Believe it or not a lot of Brexiters aren't racist.
Original post by Magdax

The markets - Stock & Currency - will settle down. Part of the reason for the turbulence is not only the uncertainty, but also due to the fire warnings of Project Fear.
Original post by Magdax

That's because of the flow of hot money, leaving the country, look it up.
The pound can be appreciated no problem. Restrictions on money supply, interest rates, and other ways of manipulating exchange rates are options.
Lefties never go and read economics books do they. Not that your opinion matters considering it isn't your country. Don't see why my father should earn less money and pay more for a house so a bunch of economic migrants can have a better life.
We lost our Empire for Poland, btw.........
Reply 55

I voted in. But there are some valuable points to leave, apart from immigration. The whole point of the EU union is to artificially lower the value of Germany's currency, so they can competitively sell their cars, even though they are the 4th biggest economy. This whole 1 law for 28 countries. Not being able to change laws, such as tax on sanitary towel (just off the top of my head). Setting up trade deals in the EU union is painfully slow, as anyone of the countries can veto. I feel setting up trade deals with emerging markets such as brazil,india and china could be more beneficial. Most Germany Mp and business people want free trade with the UK as we buy a lot of their goods. However, I think the Poles have the greatest work ethic, and it's sad the feel ostracised.

Original post by Magdax
UK economy is already at all time low, pound no longer strong currency. Finance (UK biggest industry) moving abroad to EU

Skilled migrants (including Polish) forced to move out of UK and UK citizens in other countries also.

Immigration is most dangerous from countries such as Pakistan, Africa, the third world etc, because of terrorism. Or Syrian refugees

So "leave" voters are not even changing this by blocking the EU :facepalm: Eastern Europe, France, etc. are very similar to UK culturally

Also the most educated and richest UK people (e.g. celebrities or London) all voting to Remain. Racists want to Leave

Of course, everyone on the winning side today is a 'racist', 'xenophobe' or 'bigot', because they disagree with you. That is a fundamental argument of the left.

It just so happens that we want to use our tax revenue to pay for our own public services rather than your farms in Poland, for example.
Original post by Magdax

"All racists will vote leave" earlier you just said "some racists",

so is all or some ? :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by Magdax

The EU were the ones making us take all the Syrian migrants, don't you understand that?
Original post by Magdax

The Polish disagree with Brexit. In other news, so do the Greeks; apparently, it's also come out today that the pope is a Catholic!

I recommend you take another look at the markets. We're more or less where we were this time last week, notwithstanding a dip in the pound. But foreign exchange is notoriously volatile so it'll yo-yo about for weeks yet. Making claims about the economic ramifications of Brexit less than 24 hours after the result was announced is ludicrous. The only reason that the drop was so sharp was because the FTSE and pound were artificially elevated by polls yesterday suggesting we would remain. The fact that after the drop, the FTSE and the pound rallied over the rest of the day is clear evidence that the drop was due to bad investment decisions the previous day rather than fundamental concerns about the UK economy. It'd be like saying that the US economy was destroyed in 2010 on the basis of the Flash Crash.

No one is even suggesting deportation of current citizens is on the cards. And skilled workers will still be able to come here with ease. The whole point of a points based immigration system is the controlling of unskilled immigration to avoid flooding the labour market and overburdening public services. The 180,000 or so people who come to Britain from outside the EU is proof we aren't using a points based system to curb immigration, merely to decide who we want.

I agree on immigration from the Middle East. But leaving the EU does curb this. In 3-10 years (depending on which country they are in) middle eastern migrants can apply for a european passport, giving them unfettered access to the UK. We would have no ability to stop these people, with their deeply unpleasant views on women, homosexuals and transexuals amongst other things. The only way to avoid this was Brexit.

We share far more culture with the likes of the US, Australia, even India, than we do with the French of Germans. We certainly don't have especially strong cultural links with Eastern Europe. The Slavic nations have more in common with the Russians culturally, than they do with us.

I'm sure the richest want to stay. Largely because they are by definition the ones who have benefitted from the status quo, so don't want the boat to be rocked. That is certainly true of London, whose multinational corporations have profited handsomely from the EU's corporatism.

Not everyone who wants to leave is a racist. I would suggest the overwhelming majority are not. You can come to the conclusion we should leave in eminently reasonable fashion; ironically, the real bigots here are those who are suggesting that anyone who disagrees with their point of view must be either stupid or racist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending