The Student Room Group

Brexit; We dared to dream!

My dear fellow Brexiters, we have done it!
:banana::thrasher::troll::bban::badger::beer::bl::borat::clap2::elefant::evilbanana:
June 23rd will now be christened as United Kingdom's Independence Day.

They laughed at us when we told them that

โ€ข

Brexit would emerge victorious

โ€ข

Cameron would step down as Prime Minister the morning after

โ€ข

Boris would eventually be installed as the PM (although he doesn't stand for anything apart from 'Boris Bikes', has no sense of originality, parrots whatever Nigel Farage says etc)

Guess who's laughing now?

I hope all of you reading my post, bears this in mind. A country's sovereignty, security and safety of its citizens is so important.

Millions of British soldiers have died in several wars over the centuries to protect Queen and country. But Tony Blair let these millions of soldiers died in vain because when he was in power for 10 years or so as the Prime Minister of UK, he allowed virtually everyone to enter the UK

โ€ข

without checking if they are holding genuine passports

โ€ข

without checking if they have links to terrorist groups

โ€ข

without checking if they have criminal records in their home countries

โ€ข

without checking if they have genuine educational qualifications or a trade skill to bring to UK

โ€ข

without checking if they have HIV/AIDS

Someone recently asked me why should people wanting to enter into another country, be checked for HIV/AIDS? This is because the government owes a duty to its citizens to protect them from people who may want to infect others with their communicable diseases. This is an extension of a 'social contract theory'.

With Brexit and with the right PM & ministers, the days are numbered where

โ€ข

vile people can simply come into UK, form grooming gangs to sexually molest, rape & even murder innocent girls and then disappear

โ€ข

doctors with fake medical certs can perform operations that results in patient deaths and then disappear

โ€ข

unskilled workers, migrants etc from all over the world can take a plane to London Heathrow, get council homes, receive monetary benefits and start large families without doing any proper work to the cost of the ever-obliging & obedient British taxpayer

โ€ข

people can fly to London, receive medical treatment or go into labour and then return back to their home countries without footing the bill

โ€ข

terrorists can walk into UK, go to enclaves, promote ill-will and hatred against other races and religions, orchestrate attacks and then disappear without a trace

With Brexit and with the right PM & ministers, we must

first confer real powers on Immigration officers stationed at all points of entry into UK, to conduct checks on people wanting to enter UK.

With the exit and entry points secured, the new PM must sanction a joint task force operation between the (much publicized failed & powerless) Border Agency and Police forces, go into every borough and check for illegal immigrants (overstayers without valid visas), people with invalid/fake papers and without work permits, those who're wanted by the police or have jumped bail and round them up to be dealt with accordingly.

Provide extra funding to the General Medical Council (GMC) and empower them to conduct checks on foreign doctors and identify those with dubious qualifications and report them to the Police

For (2) and (3), detain the identified wrongdoers for 48 hours for initial investigations, allow the police to apply for an extension of remand to assist with further police investigations, accelerate their date with the court, provide them with legal counsel of their choice or otherwise and let the criminal justice system take its course. If they are found guilty, they will serve their sentence and upon release, be immediately deported to their home countries and never allowed to step foot into UK again.

Construct a processing centre to be located overseas which will evaluate and process all asylum claims etc. People need to know that they can't just turn up at the door and be expected to be let in.

When thousands of illegal immigrants attempted to enter Australia by sea via Indonesia with the aid of people smugglers, PM Toby Abbott politely warned them that if they continued this mode of entry, their boats would be shot down. They thought he was joking. He wasn't. The Australian Navy did shoot at them and these boats stopped entering Australian waters altogether.

Implement an Australian styled points system where people from all over the world with the necessary skills & qualifications, no criminal records, no terrorists links, no HIV/AIDS will be invited to apply for a work permit. But this is only to be done after job openings have been filled up by British citizens first and if there are vacant places, these will then be filled up by foreigners who would have passed the stringent background checks.

The ยฃ350 million we send to EU weekly, can now be used to invest in our NHS, build more hospitals, recruit more police officers, teachers, nurses, junior doctors etc and increase their salaries, give incentives (funding, tax breaks) to British citizens to start their own businesses (entrepreneurship) and so much more because the positive possibilities are endless.

We can and we will do it because we dare to dream!

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The remaintrain has crashed, no survivors were found. Allow us many years of meme magic.
Reply 2
Not usually one to comment on this sort of thing, but this post screams ignorance.
Original post by Audrey18
My dear fellow Brexiters, we have done it!
:banana::thrasher::troll::bban::badger::beer::bl::borat::clap2::elefant::evilbanana:
June 23rd will now be christened as United Kingdom's Independence Day.

They laughed at us when we told them that

โ€ข

Brexit would emerge victorious

โ€ข

Cameron would step down as Prime Minister the morning after

โ€ข

Boris would eventually be installed as the PM (although he doesn't stand for anything apart from 'Boris Bikes', has no sense of originality, parrots whatever Nigel Farage says etc)

I hope all of you reading my post, bears this in mind. A country's sovereignty, security and safety of its citizens is so important.

Millions of British soldiers have died in several wars over the centuries to protect Queen and country. But Tony Blair let these millions of soldiers died in vain because when he was in power for 10 years or so as the Prime Minister of UK, he allowed virtually everyone to enter the UK

โ€ข

without checking if they are holding genuine passports

โ€ข

without checking if they have links to terrorist groups

โ€ข

without checking if they have criminal records in their home countries

โ€ข

without checking if they have genuine educational qualifications or a trade skill to bring to UK

โ€ข

without checking if they have HIV/AIDS

Someone recently asked me why should people wanting to enter into another country, be checked for HIV/AIDS? This is because the government owes a duty to its citizens to protect them from people who may want to infect others with their communicable diseases. This is an extension of a 'social contract theory'.

With Brexit and with the right PM & ministers, the days are numbered where

โ€ข

vile people can simply come into UK, form grooming gangs to sexually molest, rape & even murder innocent girls and then disappear

โ€ข

doctors with fake medical certs can perform operations that results in patient deaths and then disappear

โ€ข

unskilled workers, migrants etc from all over the world can take a plane to London Heathrow, get council homes, receive monetary benefits and start large families without doing any proper work to the cost of the ever-obliging & obedient British taxpayer

โ€ข

people can fly to London, receive medical treatment or go into labour and then return back to their home countries without footing the bill

โ€ข

terrorists can walk into UK, go to enclaves, promote ill-will and hatred against other races and religions, orchestrate attacks and then disappear without a trace

With Brexit and with the right PM & ministers, we must

first confer real powers on Immigration officers stationed at all points of entry into UK, to conduct checks on people wanting to enter UK.

With the exit and entry points secured, the new PM must sanction a joint task force operation between the (much publicized failed & powerless) Border Agency and Police forces, go into every borough and check for illegal immigrants (overstayers without valid visas), people with invalid/fake papers and without work permits, those who're wanted by the police or have jumped bail and round them up to be dealt with accordingly.

Provide extra funding to the General Medical Council (GMC) and empower them to conduct checks on foreign doctors and identify those with dubious qualifications and report them to the Police

For (2) and (3), detain the identified wrongdoers for 48 hours for initial investigations, allow the police to apply for an extension of remand to assist with further police investigations, accelerate their date with the court, provide them with legal counsel of their choice or otherwise and let the criminal justice system take its course. If they are found guilty, they will serve their sentence and upon release, be immediately deported to their home countries and never allowed to step foot into UK again.

Construct a processing centre to be located overseas which will evaluate and process all asylum claims etc. People need to know that they can't just turn up at the door and be expected to be let in.

When thousands of illegal immigrants attempted to enter Australia by sea via Indonesia with the aid of people smugglers, PM Toby Abbott politely warned them that if they continued this mode of entry, their boats would be shot down. They thought he was joking. He wasn't. The Australian Navy did shoot at them and these boats stopped entering Australian waters altogether.

Implement an Australian styled points system where people from all over the world with the necessary skills & qualifications, no criminal records, no terrorists links, no HIV/AIDS will be invited to apply for a work permit. But this is only to be done after job openings have been filled up by British citizens first and if there are vacant places, these will then be filled up by foreigners who would have passed the stringent background checks.

The ยฃ350 million we send to EU weekly, can now be used to invest in our NHS, build more hospitals, recruit more police officers, teachers, nurses, junior doctors etc and increase their salaries, give incentives (funding, tax breaks) to British citizens to start their own businesses (entrepreneurship) and so much more because the positive possibilities are endless.

We can and we will do it because we dare to dream!

Spoiler

Spoiler

All I'm saying is, *******s.

> "ยฃ350 million a week" - Lie.
> "EU students escaping loans" - Lie, which your own source debunks. It's a tiny minority and most who do it are British nationals.
> Implementing checks for HIV/AIDs is uncomfortably close to fascism for me.
> Entry and exit points to the country are already pretty safe. You know that having control over our borders is the reason we have illegal immigrants right? If they could so easily get here legally why would they need to risk their life by sneaking in?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by physicsphysics91
The remaintrain has crashed, no survivors were found. Allow us many years of meme magic.

I want to tell all Brexiters that I am very proud of all of you. We ran a good 'campaign' on TSR free from hurling abuse, using profanities, making up lies to fit the agenda and the whole 9 yards. The people have spoken thus the decision must be respected. Let us make United Kingdom great again.

And yet EU immigrants are over 40% less likely to claim benefits than British natives. They contribute 34% more in tax than they take out in welfare and services, while non-EU immigrants (which you don't seem to care about, despite the fact that we could control those without leaving the EU and they contribute far less to the country) contribute 2% more than they take out, and British natives take more than they contribute.

If an EU citizen gets healthcare on the NHS, their government pays for it...

Except for the fact that the UK has never been a part of the free movement zone, and anyone, including EU citizens, goes through the exact same security controls when entering or leaving.

Jesus ****ing christ. You're repulsive.

We could do that right now for non-EU immigration.

Those are some incredibly ambitious plans for a net gain of ยฃ180m/week. A more realistic idea - we could fund the NHS for a couple of days with what we save in a year.

But of course we aren't actually saving anything, because the pound already dropped 10% and we haven't even left yet.
I want to tell all Brexiters that I am very proud of all of you. We ran a good 'campaign' on TSR free from hurling abuse, using profanities, making up lies to fit the agenda and the whole 9 yards. The people have spoken thus the decision must be respected. Let us make United Kingdom great again.

Absolutely. Well done to all Brexiters.

"This will be a victory for real people. A victory for ordinary people. A victory for decent people" - Nigel Farage

Remainers may only join us if the disavow, otherwise they can walk the plank :fight:

Not I. I have seen 10% wiped off the value of my pension fund. My mate who works in travel has seen the price of the holidays they are trying to sell go up by 8% today an all my mates planning to go on holiday in Europe this summer are kicking themselves for not buying their Euros yesterday.

The problem with politics and dreaming is that it is really easy to dream. "Follow me," they say "I have a dream," and so you all follow. And then a couple of years down the line you discover that not only did they lie (I note that Farage has already admitted the ยฃ350 million number was made up), but the dream they promised is impossible to deliver because they don't actually have the power or influence needed to deliver the changes promised.

The UK's fate is now no longer in the hands of our politicians. The economy is now at the discretion of the markets. If the pound continues to fall, imports will be more expensive and prices will go up. The BofE may have to raise interest rates to counter inflation which will impact on borrowing, house prices, rent prices and our weak economy at large.

Internationally we are now at the mercy of the EU who are seeing an uprising in other parties calling for their own independence referendums. They will need to act one way or another to stop the total destruction of the EU and if that means selling the UK out, so be it.

Internally we have a nation divided. Our main political parties lie in ruins, rudderless and without authority or leadership, and at a time when leadership and direction are desperately required. We are also seeing Scotland and Northern Ireland calling for independence from the UK, not to mention Spain moving in on Gibraltar.

I have no idea what your dream was, but whatever you hoped to achieve, I hope for the sake of all of us, you haven't cut off your nose to spite your face. We will see what happens in the coming days and months, but from my limited experience of the last 20 years, people who follow politicians with dreams rarely see those dreams realised.
People who have HIV should be allowed in, its cureable. Imagine if they all pulled this on UK citizens, we have high HIV so most won't be able to leave UK? wtf?
Original post by ByEeek
Not I. I have seen 10% wiped off the value of my pension fund. My mate who works in travel has seen the price of the holidays they are trying to sell go up by 8% today an all my mates planning to go on holiday in Europe this summer are kicking themselves for not buying their Euros yesterday.

The problem with politics and dreaming is that it is really easy to dream. "Follow me," they say "I have a dream," and so you all follow. And then a couple of years down the line you discover that not only did they lie (I note that Farage has already admitted the ยฃ350 million number was made up), but the dream they promised is impossible to deliver because they don't actually have the power or influence needed to deliver the changes promised.

The UK's fate is now no longer in the hands of our politicians. The economy is now at the discretion of the markets. If the pound continues to fall, imports will be more expensive and prices will go up. The BofE may have to raise interest rates to counter inflation which will impact on borrowing, house prices, rent prices and our weak economy at large.

Internationally we are now at the mercy of the EU who are seeing an uprising in other parties calling for their own independence referendums. They will need to act one way or another to stop the total destruction of the EU and if that means selling the UK out, so be it.

Internally we have a nation divided. Our main political parties lie in ruins, rudderless and without authority or leadership, and at a time when leadership and direction are desperately required. We are also seeing Scotland and Northern Ireland calling for independence from the UK, not to mention Spain moving in on Gibraltar.

I have no idea what your dream was, but whatever you hoped to achieve, I hope for the sake of all of us, you haven't cut off your nose to spite your face. We will see what happens in the coming days and months, but from my limited experience of the last 20 years, people who follow politicians with dreams rarely see those dreams realised.

Soon the overwhelming flow of migrants will sink the EU ship, they're getting numbers even higher than last summer.
The ยฃ350 million figure was a fantasy and Nigel has already backtracked on it today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36624697
Original post by ckfeister
People who have HIV should be allowed in, its cureable. Imagine if they all pulled this on UK citizens, we have high HIV so most won't be able to leave UK? wtf?

Everyone has to be checked for stds now because that's totally not a violation of privacy for no good reason.

inb4 "but ebola quarantines", yeah ebola is a bit more contagious mate.
Reply 14
Original post by Naveed-7
Absolutely. Well done to all Brexiters.

"This will be a victory for real people. A victory for ordinary people. A victory for decent people" - Nigel Farage

People need to forget their party affliations, just close their eyes and listen to what Milliband, Cameron, Corbyn, Balls, Farage etc speak. They will realize that only Farage is speaking sense. What really impresses me is that Farage did not go to Oxbridge but dived straight into the world world where he actually had a proper job for 20+ years. Yet he speaks so well and he speaks with sense.

The 4 million votes UKIP got in the recent General Election was just the tip of the iceberg. The other parties did not take the hammering they got in terms of vote share, seriously because they were saved by FTFP. The Brexit victory was the knockout punch.

If Boris becomes the next PM, no leader from other countries will take him seriously. He doesn't stand for anything apart from 'Boris bikes', he is from another world altogether so will never be able to resonate with ordinary British folk and tbh he's just a clown. With Gove as his number 2 (who in my opinion will go down in UK history as the worst every education ministers), we could be witnessing reruns of ............

Spoiler

Seriously Audrey do you copy and paste this? :tongue:
Original post by physicsphysics91
Soon the overwhelming flow of migrants will sink the EU ship, they're getting numbers even higher than last summer.

True. But being out of the EU isn't going to stop immigration to the UK.

1. Boris and Gove have publicly stated that they are not anti-immigration.
2. We can control non-EU immigration yet last year 130,000 non-EU immigrants arrived. Why, if immigration is such a hot topic?
3. This country needs immigrants. The NHS depends on them and you can't hire software developers for love nor money. I get about 10 email a day offering me jobs.
4. And I haven't even mentioned illegal immigration. Getting into this country as an illegal is really easy. Our border force is under resourced and lacking in man power. I haven't heard any pledges for new money to patrol our borders.

For the leave campaigners like Boris and Gove, this referendum was never about immigration. They framed as such, but my feeling is that it was a simple power struggle within the Tory party and the UK is the fallout.
So you are saying what was gained from this referendum was sovereignty, security and safety. Believing that security and safety will improve after Brexit is believing that immigrants pose a threat to them more than the UK's own citizens which implies xenophobia and racism. The sovereignty argument is just the neat blanket under which people hide all of this. Be honest here at the end of the day sovereignty cannot be measured and most people who voted to leave could not care less about sovereignty, I doubt some of them can even define it. All they care about really is the money in their pockets which they believe will increase after immigrants leave and the UK is out of the EU. But a rude awakening is probably approaching because it is not that simple.
Good job! What has leaving done for us straight away?
-Not taken control of our borders
-Admitted lying about ยฃ350m to the NHS
-Reduced the pound coin to it's lowest in 30 years
-Destroyed our market
-Made other countries hate us
-Will be the start of recession and inflation!
-Removed David Cameron, the only one with enough experience to lead us through this unstable time
-Elected Boris Johnson as potential PM (I heard he still hasn't had a shower)

What are brexit doing after destroying our economy?
Celebration, why of course! smh
Original post by ByEeek
True. But being out of the EU isn't going to stop immigration to the UK.

1. Boris and Gove have publicly stated that they are not anti-immigration.
2. We can control non-EU immigration yet last year 130,000 non-EU immigrants arrived. Why, if immigration is such a hot topic?
3. This country needs immigrants. The NHS depends on them and you can't hire software developers for love nor money. I get about 10 email a day offering me jobs.
4. And I haven't even mentioned illegal immigration. Getting into this country as an illegal is really easy. Our border force is under resourced and lacking in man power. I haven't heard any pledges for new money to patrol our borders.

For the leave campaigners like Boris and Gove, this referendum was never about immigration. They framed as such, but my feeling is that it was a simple power struggle within the Tory party and the UK is the fallout.

First bit of good news I've heard all day as I'll be starting a CompSci degree in September.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest