The Student Room Group

How I will celebrate leaving the EU!

I will be celebrating with some good old English ale, and asking my father for a pay rise.
Now as for Scotland, since they voted remain, and they're a financial burden and always complain about us limey's with their so called moral superiority, despite not being affected hardly by mass immigration or house prices, I believe they should get their referendum, but everyone in England should be able to vote(I believe we'll definitely get rid of them this time that way). The sooner we get rid of the financial drain that's Scotland, who moan about the English and think they're entitled to vote on our laws, the better.
It'll be even funnier if they went to join the EU and they said no due to having such a terrible economy, or if they do have to join the EU, get the EURO. Another thing Scots, that oil is ours!!!!!!!!
Another thing I look forward to is charging the EU students to use our universities the same as international student's!!!!. Considering only 1 other university in Europe(apart from 4 of ours) is in the top 20 and it's in Switzerland.. Plus my C4 exam went well.
Happy independence day everyone.
Happy independence day indeed, I shall be buying a good bottle of champagne tomorrow to celebrate. If the Scots want another shot at independence, let them have it, but yeah a vote in England as to whether it wants to maintain union with Scotland would be brilliant, too.
getting bevved tnite.
Original post by Conservationofmass
I will be celebrating with some good old English ale, and asking my father for a pay rise.
Now as for Scotland, since they voted remain, and they're a financial burden and always complain about us limey's with their so called moral superiority, despite not being affected hardly by mass immigration or house prices, I believe they should get their referendum, but everyone in England should be able to vote(I believe we'll definitely get rid of them this time that way). The sooner we get rid of the financial drain that's Scotland, who moan about the English and think they're entitled to vote on our laws, the better.
It'll be even funnier if they went to join the EU and they said no due to having such a terrible economy, or if they do have to join the EU, get the EURO. Another thing Scots, that oil is ours!!!!!!!!
Another thing I look forward to is charging the EU students to use our universities the same as international student's!!!!. Considering only 1 other university in Europe(apart from 4 of ours) is in the top 20 and it's in Switzerland.. Plus my C4 exam went well.

Can't tell if you're a troll or not... :K:

I'm seriously considering leaving the country due to the result.

If you're not a troll, you might want to consider getting rid of the number of exclamation marks you use before you go to university. Or simply before you enter the adult world. If you want to make a point and desperately feel that you can't control your finger from the keyboard, put three exclamation marks maximum, otherwise you will sound like an excitable Barbie and no one will take you seriously.

Hear hear, for getting rid of Scotland.

Ingrateful Scots, should've done away with them when we had the chance!
Original post by Hirondelle127
Can't tell if you're a troll or not... :K:

I'm seriously considering leaving the country due to the result.

If you're not a troll, you might want to consider getting rid of the number of exclamation marks you use before you go to university. Or simply before you enter the adult world. If you want to make a point and desperately feel that you can't control your finger from the keyboard, put three exclamation marks maximum, otherwise you will sound like an excitable Barbie and no one will take you seriously.

I'm on a forum, not writing an English essay(got my A in English gcse).
Good leave the Country, Britain is for the British, not some unpatriotic plonker.
Since it's safe to assume you're an unpatriotic plonker with no respect for British sovereignty, go live in Germany. BYE! :biggrin:
OH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm on a forum, not writing an English essay(got my A in English gcse).
Good leave the Country, Britain is for the British, not some unpatriotic plonker.
Since it's safe to assume you're an unpatriotic plonker with no respect for British sovereignty, go live in Germany. BYE! :biggrin:
OH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I got an A*. Do you really want to make this about grades?

Well, I speak German, so maybe I will.

Although, before I go, you might want to examine what you think you mean by British. Since isn't Britain just a product of successive invasions? Our language is a mix of saxon and norman, with bits of latin flung in. We are a nation of immigrants, and should have been proud of it.

Look - in all honesty, I'm terrified for Britain's future. I hope we make it through this relatively unscathed. Glad you're happy, but some of us are genuinely concerned as this could become an economic disaster. Oh well. Have a nice day celebrating.
And I got an A*. Do you really want to make this about grades?

Well, I speak German, so maybe I will.

Although, before I go, you might want to examine what you think you mean by British. Since isn't Britain just a product of successive invasions? Our language is a mix of saxon and norman, with bits of latin flung in. We are a nation of immigrants, and should have been proud of it.

Look - in all honesty, I'm terrified for Britain's future. I hope we make it through this relatively unscathed. Glad you're happy, but some of us are genuinely concerned as this could become an economic disaster. Oh well. Have a nice day celebrating.

Same argument for every country and culture round the planet except the valley of life. Doesn't mean we should replace British people with people that have foreign cultures... therefore diluting and decreasing the amount of British culture, in Britain, and eventually changing it forever. London is a good example. I made it about grades because you had to cheek to be picky on my exclamation marks on a forum, so I pointed out that I am competent at English.......
Same argument for every country and culture round the planet except the valley of life. Doesn't mean we should replace British people with people that have foreign cultures... therefore diluting and decreasing the amount of British culture, in Britain, and eventually changing it forever. London is a good example. I made it about grades because you had to cheek to be picky on my exclamation marks on a forum, so I pointed out that I am competent at English.......

Very true... thus being rude about other European countries and the Scots makes little sense, since we're all linked. Cultures are made to change, they evolve, and that's why it's wonderful.

Sorry if I went overboard though, I'm a bit out of sorts. I really do hope the people who voted 'Leave' know what they're doing. I did not see any coherent plan for the future beyond 'leave the EU' whilst campaigning was being done, but so long as there is one... I'm happy so long as Britain and the rest of the world does well out of this. I have no idea how the country we'll manage - hence voting remain - but you seem to be confident, so I'm genuinely hoping you're right and I'm wrong.

(And well done on your A :smile: To be fair, there's really not much difference between an A* and A, especially at GCSE English, and it just depends a lot on how happy the examiner is feeling that day.)
Very true... thus being rude about other European countries and the Scots makes little sense, since we're all linked. Cultures are made to change, they evolve, and that's why it's wonderful.

Sorry if I went overboard though, I'm a bit out of sorts. I really do hope the people who voted 'Leave' know what they're doing. I did not see any coherent plan for the future beyond 'leave the EU' whilst campaigning was being done, but so long as there is one... I'm happy so long as Britain and the rest of the world does well out of this. I have no idea how the country we'll manage - hence voting remain - but you seem to be confident, so I'm genuinely hoping you're right and I'm wrong.

(And well done on your A :smile: To be fair, there's really not much difference between an A* and A, especially at GCSE English, and it just depends a lot on how happy the examiner is feeling that day.)

I don't want English or British culture to change, I also do not want to be replaced with foreigners. Naa I got an A* in the language exam but a B in coursework, followed mr Bruffs formula's on youtube. All those **** English teachers telling me there's no particular way to do it, getting B's all the time, though I was predicted a D based on sats until I did work in year 11. But Mr Bruff made it a formula!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending