The Student Room Group

Official AQA A2 Law June 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 11streete
I did the exact same just theft instead of OSD but it seems like you basically got the same as me and all my law group:smile:

Yh I did the same but also included robbery in the first question, not sure if it was relevant but I discussed it. As force was used.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did scenario two. Question 1 I put theft, robbery, burglary and duress. Question 2 I put theft, making off without payment (as I was unsure, and decided to play it safe), plus the fraud and obtaining services dishonestly. I also did Law and Morals.
I'm pretty sure I'm tort scenario 2, it was public then private nuisance as it said Hamid and his friends against Tina.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I mean in Tort scenario 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you could actually argue both ways public nuisance then private or both private.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 605
Original post by Maadssssxo
I think you could actually argue both ways public nuisance then private or both private.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No just private... Revenge issue (Christine v Davey)

How can it be public a substantial class hasn't been affected 😂 Just one person :/
The question said Hamid and his friends, not just Hamid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 607
People who are doing Law for their A-levels, please tell me, is it a hard subject? Is it interesting? Also what English GCSE results did you get to get into this A-level?
Original post by In2u
People who are doing Law for their A-levels, please tell me, is it a hard subject? Is it interesting? Also what English GCSE results did you get to get into this A-level?

I got B in English language and literature . I think it's a good A level that takes hard work and commitmemnt. It's not too difficult if you put the work in. Practicing past papers is key. Its definitely intersting, particularly criminal law, but it depends on what your teacher chooses from the specifcation.
Scenario 2
Question 3 i put theft robbery burgalry defence of duress not available
Question 4 put theft for 50 pound but not valif as no intent to permanently deprive but put theft for clubcard taking and missdd out fraud by false rep and sdrvices obtained ....:/ whats the max i can now get roughly for q4
Had a complete mind blank it was so obvious :/
Original post by In2u

It's not difficult as all that happens is you learn the law along with cases and apply that in the exam. Most of it relies on memorisation and perceptiveness. But if you struggle to write quickly and concisely I would avoid picking this subject up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rust Cohle
It's not difficult as all that happens is you learn the law along with cases and apply that in the exam. Most of it relies on memorisation and perceptiveness. But if you struggle to write quickly and concisely I would avoid picking this subject up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

writing quickly and concisely is KEY. But if you struggle with that, you can still pick the subject up, its a matter of practicing in timed conditions.
Reply 612
For tort scenario 1 question 6, is it likely to bring my mark down by much if i simply said there was 'nuisance' rather than stating that it was private nuisance? As i've just realised that's what I did
Original post by In2u

content wise its pretty easy to learn, however in terms of essays its just complete memorisation which gets really dull and there are many boring essays you have to learn. Exams at A2 are all application questions so if youre not good at applying i'd avoid picking this subject. Is it interesting? - that honestly depends on the individual, some aspects are fun whereas others are extremely boring lol. You may also want to look into which topic your sixth form picks which may give you more insight whether you want to do the subject. - i dont want to discourage you from picking law this is just me speaking from my own experience.
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
content wise its pretty easy to learn, however in terms of essays its just complete memorisation which gets really dull and there are many boring essays you have to learn. Exams at A2 are all application questions so if youre not good at applying i'd avoid picking this subject. Is it interesting? - that honestly depends on the individual, some aspects are fun whereas others are extremely boring lol. You may also want to look into which topic your sixth form picks which may give you more insight whether you want to do the subject. - i dont want to discourage you from picking law this is just me speaking from my own experience.

I'd second that. Speak to your sixth form as different colleges will study different topics. In my experience criminal law is generally more interesting. In terms of GCSE English grade I just about got a B. I don't think it really makes a difference.
Original post by In2u

I got in with a C. I think it's a great subject that can be useful for your future as its always nice having such knowledge about offences, defences etc. However, you have to be quite good at memorising things as there's quite a bit to learn for each unit, but I found that memorising it all came naturally during lessons and when it came to exams I didn't have to do much revision, only recap. I noticed that that was also the case for most of the people in my class.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Studybuddy5721
I did criminal law scenario 1:

Please tell me if you identified the same offences!!

Q1. Burglary s9 (1) (a) and s 9 (1) (b)
Blackmail
Theft

Q2. Harry to Anna:
Fraud by false representation
Fraud by obtaining services distinctly ( i'm unsure if i got this correct , i think it should have been theft of the £20,000) What do you guys think?
Defense of intoxication

Tom to Harry:
basic criminal damage, aggravated criminal damage and arson

Dan to Harry:
Basic criminal damage, defense of lawful excuse.

What was the service exactly ?
Original post by _Alicetindale
What was the service exactly ?

There was no service. Obtaining services dishonestly didn't apply to scenario 1. There was only fraud by false representation and theft when it came to Harry & Anna

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 618
Original post by Maadssssxo
The question said Hamid and his friends, not just Hamid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

All it wanted you to say is that his friends can't claim under the tort of nuisance because they have no legal interest in the land (Malone)
Reply 619
Original post by geobag
For tort scenario 1 question 6, is it likely to bring my mark down by much if i simply said there was 'nuisance' rather than stating that it was private nuisance? As i've just realised that's what I did

As long as you've defined nuisance no.

Quick Reply