Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah thanks makes sense now
now onto this annoying module...ughhh.
Original post by bat_man
now onto this annoying module...ughhh.

You love it really :wink:
Original post by SeanFM
You love it really :wink:

Im gonna be asking you a lot of stuff these coming days :h: i hope youre ready lol.
Original post by bat_man
Im gonna be asking you a lot of stuff these coming days :h: i hope youre ready lol.

:dumbells: :dumbells: I've been training for this my whole life.
Original post by SeanFM
:dumbells: :dumbells: I've been training for this my whole life.

haha i guess im in good hands then! Well ill be off preparing for this, probably will ask you anything if im stuck.
Where on madasmaths are the s2 papers? I can only see core stuff :frown:
Reply 127
Can someone please link the S2 January 2016 IAL Paper and mark scheme? I would be very grateful.
Original post by Kitkat5
Where on madasmaths are the s2 papers? I can only see core stuff :frown:

http://madasmaths.com/archive_maths_booklets_statistics.html
Reply 129
Hey Sean, do you know where I can find the S2 January 2016 IAL paper?
Original post by JL9991

Afraid not, sorry. If it's not available on the pearson website then students technically shouldn't have access to it, though I appreciate that it's useful for extra revision (and a difficult paper) etc etc, but I wouldn't know where to look for it.

Original post by Beckalou1998
I don't think I've don't very well in core 3 and 4 so far. So really need to well in this and it's my worst out of the 3. Any advice?

:hello:

This is the 2016 thread.

What stage are you at in your revision? With stats it just takes a lot of practice until you're used to it, learning all the definitions can be a pain but :dontknow:, seeing exactly how you get marks for hypothesis testing etc and just doing past papers.

It's definitely not an impossible task to use the next 2 days and then do well in S2, but it is going to be hard work.
Original post by JL9991

Someone uploaded model solutions to the paper, the photocopying isn't so great though..https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3xSC6XqSy7kb094M25kU2xralU/view
I need to cram this and get 100 ums any tips

Posted from TSR Mobile
@SeanFM

Hey Sean, could you help on this question.
https://f819b461fbddb231469ec8fdf77e5236a25d0c05.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYfjBBaXlrWjdMLUVBSTVyOEo3alhCckRxSkRoMTY5Mjl6LW5YT1NqNFhrZ3c/12%20Gold%204%20-%20S2%20Edexcel.pdf

Question 7D, Im not sure how you find the lower quartile from a pdf, I know if you have a cdf you make F(Q1) = 0.25
I cant make sense of the mark scheme :/
Original post by Ben4
@SeanFM

Hey Sean, could you help on this question.
https://f819b461fbddb231469ec8fdf77e5236a25d0c05.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYfjBBaXlrWjdMLUVBSTVyOEo3alhCckRxSkRoMTY5Mjl6LW5YT1NqNFhrZ3c/12%20Gold%204%20-%20S2%20Edexcel.pdf

Question 7D, Im not sure how you find the lower quartile from a pdf, I know if you have a cdf you make F(Q1) = 0.25
I cant make sense of the mark scheme :/

Integrate to find the CDF, might be one way of doing it.

(They've chosen the value q (the one that corresponds to the quartile, integrates the PDF between those two points and sets it equal to 1/4 (which is effectively the CDF between 0 and q) and hence find q. @Ben4
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 135
From your revision, can you recommend some of the hardest S2 papers you have tried? Best to prepare for the worst and hope for the best!

I found June 2003 Q4 particularly challenging is you are looking for one to try.
I havent even started doing past papers yet :biggrin:. I still have holes in my D2 knowledge I need to patch up
Reply 137
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
I need to cram this and get 100 ums any tips

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's mainly rote so just do as many past papers as you can
Reply 138
@SeanFM

Hi was wondering if you could help me out.
Attached the question.

Just wondering, is 225/(t+5)^2 a PDF or NOT a pdf? Because if it was a pdf, surely you would need ot integrate to work out the question.

Confused on the whole question tbhCapture.PNG
Hi everyone, just wanted to ask if i can have this split C1234 D1 S2 FP12 S3 S1 M1 M2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending