The Student Room Group

Congratulations Britain, you played yourself.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsphysics91
tbf you look like you may only have 1 GCSE

How does someones appearance correlate to their level of intelligence?
Original post by PrincessZara
We are all gonna suffer now because Becky with her 1 GCSE thinks an immigrant with a medical degree is going to steal her job. #DamnBecky

Congratulations Britain, you played yourself...Nobody over 65 should be allowed to vote, cause it's not their future.

Not sympathising with or trying to understand Becky's concerns is what got us into this mess. Becky matters and has a vote same as someone with a PhD so perhaps we should have listened to the Becky's of the UK a bit more then we wouldn't be in this mess, eh?
I'd be angry if I went to Swansea uni loool

Ironically I probably have higher grades than you already. I'd rather go to Swansea on my own terms then to beg universities to let me in...Lool. A* A* A to C C C. You get friendly with the admissions tutors eh?

Keep begging mate (y) because unlike you I didn't start this to try to put others down. You come across as a pseudo intellectual.
Original post by samina_ay
How does someones appearance correlate to their level of intelligence?

True, I found a picture of students waiting outside a Cambridge maths lecture

Original post by Themini
Ironically I probably have higher grades than you already. I'd rather go to Swansea on my own terms then to beg universities to let me in...Lool. A* A* A to C C C. You get friendly with the admissions tutors eh?

Keep begging mate (y) because unlike you I didn't start this to try to put others down. You come across as a pseudo intellectual.

Better uni
Better course
Better prospects
Masters level
Better memes
Better uni
Better course
Better prospects
Masters level
Better memes

LOL Okay then mate.
Whatever you say.

Keep begging them to let you say :wink:. Its embarrassing you couldn't make the entry grades.. Lol they just gave spaces away to you.. I mean from A*s to C..massive jump.

What did you study at A levels? Psychology, History and Geography? lol.

They probably felt sorry for you, and your story sounds like BS no offence mate. You're probs studying history there or some other dead end degree.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by Themini
Mummy and Daddy? Mate I work 25 hours a week to pay for myself, my car and my education. Sit down. Bet no one in your family has even worked 25 hours.

Its a democracy, so everyone is allowed to vote. But you should be humble enough to not bite the hand that feeds you. The only reason you voted leave is because you hate immigrants.

Yes no one has worked more than 25 hours, my sister works as a career from 7am until around 10pm, my mother works for hmrc working full time, my father started work at 16 worked his way from the bottom to being the maintenance manager at a place that went out of business thanks to the recession and now works 7 am to 5pm, my other sister is a manager in a care home, my brother starts work at 5am and works until 4pm that is just my immediate family tell me how that sounds lazy.

Exactly everyone is allowed to vote and they decided that they had a problem with the eu and that includes immigration but that isn't the reason any of us voted leave.

I don't hate anyone the only sort of people I dislike are the people who seem to think they are superior to anyone just because of their parents.

Do not pretend you know anything about council estates because you know absolutely nothing.
True, I found a picture of students waiting outside a Cambridge maths lecture

She doesn't look like a chav though?
Original post by joecphillips
Yes no one has worked more than 25 hours, my sister works as a career from 7am until around 10pm, my mother works for hmrc working full time, my father started work at 16 worked his way from the bottom to being the maintenance manager at a place that went out of business thanks to the recession and now works 7 am to 5pm, my other sister is a manager in a care home, my brother starts work at 5am and works until 4pm that is just my immediate family tell me how that sounds lazy.

Exactly everyone is allowed to vote and they decided that they had a problem with the eu and that includes immigration but that isn't the reason any of us voted leave.

I don't hate anyone the only sort of people I dislike are the people who seem to think they are superior to anyone just because of their parents.

Do not pretend you know anything about council estates because you know absolutely nothing.

So did you vote leave for economic benefits?
Original post by samina_ay
She doesn't look like a chav though?

Would pass as a debatable one where I live tbh.
Original post by Themini
LOL Okay then mate.
Whatever you say.

Keep begging them to let you say :wink:. Its embarrassing you couldn't make the entry grades.. Lol they just gave spaces away to you.. I mean from A*s to C..massive jump.

What did you study at A levels? Psychology, History and Geography? lol.

They probably felt sorry for you, and your story sounds like BS no offence mate. You're probs studying history there or some other dead end degree.

Not BS http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2055250

Maths, Physics, Geography and Psychology.
Reply 91
Original post by Themini
So did you vote leave for economic benefits?

I voted leave as I dont want to be part of a United States of Europe and that is the end goal and here is a chance to leave now.
Reply 92
Original post by Themini
Like everything else. Sky rocket.

Why the fees would rise?

Original post by Themini
Well the people who voted leave are stupid. Don't hate the OP for stating what is true. Leave is filled with denigrate council estate scum and pensioners none of whom will lose anything whilst the middle and upper classes have to deal with more tax, higher interest, devaluation of property basically all the sht that's going to hit the fan.

Devaluation of property means that rents will be cheaper, especially in London.

Terrible.
Despite the disappointing result, I am proud to say that at least our generation voted sensibly for our future. Even though we have decided AS A WHOLE to leave the EU, we can only make what is best of this situation, and give each other hope that it will get better even though times seem very uncertain
Original post by joecphillips
I voted leave as I dont want to be part of a United States of Europe and that is the end goal and here is a chance to leave now.

Yes because access to the single market was crippling us.:facepalm:
At the end of the day, who gives a **** what anyone voted for, you can give it all the verbal but as a nation, like it or not we voted to leave. At the moment it is unclear if this a good or bad decision and I'm sure we won't know for a while until everything settles down and deals start to be made.
Reply 96
Original post by Themini
Yes because access to the single market was crippling us.:facepalm:

Would you be happy to be a part of the USE, I would prefer to have my voice among 60 million than it be devalued among 500 million.
Original post by Josb
Why the fees would rise?

Quite clearly explained this in the post.

Devaluation of property means that rents will be cheaper, especially in London.

Terrible.

...Yeah and ordinary people would be paying mortgages for worthless houses...If you have a £300,000 mortgage and your house drops to £240000..that coupled with rising interest rates means unaffordable monthly payments for most..That's not a good thing.
House prices in London wont fall. Its the rest of England that will suffer.
Original post by 99_Problems
Not sympathising with or trying to understand Becky's concerns is what got us into this mess. Becky matters and has a vote same as someone with a PhD so perhaps we should have listened to the Becky's of the UK a bit more then we wouldn't be in this mess, eh?

How were we meant to do that? The working class decided to hold the EU responsible for all their problems. The EU has been blamed for everything from NHS underfunding to unemployment. And we can't do anything about the real problem, because people are so deep in this delusion that they can't comprehend that the real problem is actually the *****y government they keep electing.
Original post by JordanL_
That's not the expectation of economists. Predictions have been bleak from the start, and we haven't even left yet.

But there won't be jobs, because to create jobs you need money and demand. We just told our biggest trading partner to **** off. Jobs are going to be lost.

Working class people have to deal with their healthcare, welfare, education and infrastructure declining when we can no longer pay for it.

I'm lazy to do much research but here is the economist/president of the Centre for Economic and Business Research. Also Link if needed.

There are mixed opinions though, not all predict a bounce back. We don't really know- myself especially (really just came to mine some salt flats), we just have to wait and see. A good sign is that the FTSE did rise by 2pc after falling about 8 iirc.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending