The Student Room Group

Congratulations Britain, you played yourself.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Themini

House prices in London wont fall. Its the rest of England that will suffer.

How do you know?
[video="youtube;FSswEzWJdWo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSswEzWJdWo[/video]

Referendums much?
Guys leave Zara alone, she has a point. If we do Google some result statistics, we can see that around 60% of 18-24 year olds voted to remain. This is a significant figure. However it was mainly individuals who were 50 or above who voted to leave. I think there are two factors which influenced last nights outcome - 1) A huge generation gap; I believe that the elders in the UK population have made a massively negative, irreversible decision for the Young- for the future of Britain, let's face it. 2) The referendum had a much stronger focus on capping immigration compared to the small thought us Brits gave to the MUCH more important issue - trade relations and business as a whole. This has been, historically the worst decision Britain has made to date, and one which we will certainly end up paying the price for.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by joecphillips
Would you be happy to be a part of the USE, I would prefer to have my voice among 60 million than it be devalued among 500 million.

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot we were being silenced and oppressed by the EU. The mentality of Brexiters...:facepalm:

This should speak volumes for you:

1.) Panama Dave decides to abandon his sinking ship that is GB. He knows how far up sh*t creek he is right now. He cant fix this.
2.) Scotland want to stay in EU and leave UK
3.) firms like Stanley Morgan are moving its operations to either Frankfurt or Dublin (2000 jobs)
4.) Honda is yet to comment and are unsure about their venture in the UK - Swindon will crash.

Do you understand what you've actually contributed to? We don't make anything in this country...its MNCs in London that are propping the economy up. With no EU member they might as well move.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
How do you know?

He did A-level economics and got a C.
Original post by Josb
How do you know?

Do you watch something called the news? Or anything remotely related to the economy? All forecasts show the rest of England will suffer. London is still in high demand.
Original post by Themini
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot we were being silenced and oppressed by the EU. The mentality of Brexiters...:facepalm:

This should speak volumes for you:

1.) Panama Dave decides to abandon his sinking ship that is GB.
2.) Scotland want to stay in EU and leave UK
3.) firms like Stanley Morgan are moving its operations to either Frankfurt or Dublin (2000 jobs)
4.) Honda is yet to comment and are unsure about their venture in the UK - Swindon will crash.

Do you understand what you've actually contributed to? We don't make anything in this country...its MNCs in London that are propping the economy up.

I think I will believe the spokesman for Morgan Stanley rather who has denied that rather than you scaremongering.
Dave had to leave the majority of the country realised that when the result was announced.
Honda haven't done anything.
Scotland doesn't get to hold the uk to ransom, believe it or not there are other people's opinions who matter and the majority voted to leave, if England voted leave but was forced to stay in because of Scotland would you be willing to give England independence?
Original post by physicsphysics91

Keep begging man, they might actually let you graduate. Shame you wont have a job when you come out though.

Edit: BTW didn't do A level economics.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 108

I understand now.
Original post by Themini
Keep begging man, they might actually let you graduate. Shame you wont have a job when you come out though.

True, I've got a place at Cambridge though.
m8 I did an A*A*A course with CCC at A-level, thats impressive.

Teach me, senpai
Original post by JordanL_
How were we meant to do that? The working class decided to hold the EU responsible for all their problems. The EU has been blamed for everything from NHS underfunding to unemployment. And we can't do anything about the real problem, because people are so deep in this delusion that they can't comprehend that the real problem is actually the *****y government they keep electing.

The remain campaign was terrible. They should have focused completely on the positives the EU funding brought to poor areas and the rights we gained instead of banging on about the pound and stocks and markets and other crap that people in Sunderland or wherever struggling to eat don't give a **** about. The general undertone, that was not part of the main campaign but present nonetheless, that Brexiters were stupid, racist, plebs etc. only pushed them further into the welcoming arms of UKIP and Brexit.

Some were never going to change their vote but we probably made more undecided people Brexit than Brexit did!

Lol do you actually believe half the rubbish that you type? Go outside, get some fresh air and experience the real world.
Original post by PrincessZara
We are all gonna suffer now because Becky with her 1 GCSE thinks an immigrant with a medical degree is going to steal her job. #DamnBecky

Congratulations Britain, you played yourself...Nobody over 65 should be allowed to vote, cause it's not their future.

Firstly, the EU isn't gone, it's not but a short boat/train ride away. Why not pack your bags and apply to become an EU national ? Do us all a favor. :smile:

Secondly, you want OAP to have their vote removed, people who have worked all their lives and contributed into building the modern luxuries you enjoy. There are countries which do have selective voting, sick parodies of what a democracy is. Again you are spoiled for choice. Please pack your bags and go there, see how you like it ?

Let's be honest, you don't want people whom don't agree with you to be allowed to vote. You come across as a disgusting, spoiled child and a horrible human being, you should be sent to live in a country where everyone has to vote the same way, where the elections are essentially a census. Which is exactly what you claim to want.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MintyMilk
Teach me, senpai

Ask him how to get post grad at Cambridge...Lol with those mediocre grades.
Original post by MintyMilk
Teach me, senpai

Nope

40980939-media_httpmsnbcmedia4_EAEnG.jpg
Original post by Themini
Lol do you actually believe half the rubbish that you type? Go outside, get some fresh air and experience the real world.

ayy lmao

lol.png
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Firstly, the EU isn't gone, it's not but a short boat/train ride away.

And a visa.
ayy lmao

lol.png

Lol 10/10 jailbait fake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending