The Student Room Group

Why I, an 18 Year Old, Ex-Muslim voted leave?

Scroll to see replies

UK creates Pakistan.

Later complains about number of Muslims (many from Pakistan) in UK.

Irony.
Original post by Fantastic Fan
The most obvious ones are the multiple things allah supposedly used to create the man.

One verse will say he used clay, one place will say he used water, another will say dust, another will say from Earth another will say from seeds.

There are many many many other contradictions

Cbb to argue but the Earth/Clay thing is not a contradiction; do you have better ones?
Aren't you a special little snowflake.
Original post by BlindingLight
Aren't you a special little snowflake.

Haha yep I'm a special snowflake for wanting to live in a free society.
Original post by Zamestaneh
Cbb to argue but the Earth/Clay thing is not a contradiction; do you have better ones?

You're right, saying we're made from clay isn't a contradiction, it's an outright scientific error.

How can you have better contradictions, LOL.

Having just one already disproves any idea of the book being divine.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
You're right, saying we're made from clay isn't a contradiction, it's an outright scientific error.

One could claim that any miracle is a scientific error; but then it'd cease to be a miracle, wouldn't it?

Regarding evolution and human origins, there are already theories proposed by Muslim thinkers which allow for macro and micro evolution as well as the creation of man without compromising on a literal interpretation of the story of Adam. As a Muslim, that is sufficient to reject any claim of error or contradiction.

By a 'better' contradiction, I mean one which is clear and explicit rather than vague and misinformed.

You haven't provided an actual contradiction, so I would ask you to again pull another contradiction from your obviously massive pool of contradictions so that I can understand the minds of non-Muslims better
One could claim that any miracle is a scientific error; but then it'd cease to be a miracle, wouldn't it?

Regarding evolution and human origins, there are already theories proposed by Muslim thinkers which allow for macro and micro evolution as well as the creation of man without compromising on a literal interpretation of the story of Adam. As a Muslim, that is sufficient to reject any claim of error or contradiction.

Except no proper evidence has ever been put forward for a religious miracle.
By a 'better' contradiction, I mean one which is clear and explicit rather than vague and misinformed.

You haven't provided an actual contradiction, so I would ask you to again pull another contradiction from your obviously massive pool of contradictions so that I can understand the minds of non-Muslims better

Contradictions

Quran 7: 54 Your gurdian-Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in Six DaysQuran 10: 3 Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran 41: 9 Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days ?Quran 41: 10 He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYSObvious Flaws

Assuming the sun has a resting place.

Quran 36: 38 And the sun runneth on unto a resting place for him. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Wise.Quran 36: 39 And for the moon We have appointed mansions till she return like an old shrivelled palm leaf.

Reasons why allah created stars

Quran 67: 5

And We have (from of old) adorned the lowest heaven (sky) with lamps, and We have made such (Lamps as) missiles to drive away Satans…

Quran 37: 6-8 We have indeed decorated the lower heaven (sky) with beauty (in) the stars, (for beauty) and for guard against all obstinate rebellious Satans. So they should not strain their ears in the direction of the Exalted Assembly but be cast away from every side.Bones created from flesh

Quran 23:14

Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones then (not and) clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!

Earth not rotating

Qur'an 27:61
(Is not He Who has made the earth as a fixed abode,) meaning, stable and stationary, so that it does not move or convulse, because if it were to do so, it would not be a good place for people to live on. But by His grace and mercy, He has made it smooth and calm, and it is not shaken or move

Mind you these are just the really obvious ones and there's still hundreds more
(edited 7 years ago)
Except no proper evidence has ever been put forward for a religious miracle.

They claim the book itself is the miracle, because muhammed couldn't do any

But the Earth being 6000 years old is a fine belief and does not contradict science at all. :rolleyes:

You know... If I were to take possession of your body, drain out all the liquid (dry it too) and then grind it as much as I could, I would produce dust. Amazing...
They claim the book itself is the miracle, because muhammed couldn't do any

They can claim what they like, anyone who doesn't have a vested interest in Islam needing to be true can see that the Quran is full of flaws and was clearly written by men.

Earth not rotating

(Is not He Who has made the earth as a fixed abode,) meaning, stable and stationary, so that it does not move or convulse, because if it were to do so, it would not be a good place for people to live on. But by His grace and mercy, He has made it smooth and calm, and it is not shaken or move

How do you derive "rotating" from that when the tafsir clearly is talking about shaking/convulsing as you quoted? There are ayahs that mention the orbit of the Earth btw (21:33) so you can't pick and choose what it exactly means by stationary.
Original post by champ_mc99
How do you derive "rotating" from that when the tafsir clearly is talking about shaking/convulsing as you quoted? There are ayahs that mention the orbit of the Earth btw (21:33) so you can't pick and choose what it exactly means by stationary.

If there are other ayah's that claim the earth rotates, isn't that another contradiction to add to the already saturated lists of contradictions?
They can claim what they like, anyone who doesn't have a vested interest in Islam needing to be true can see that the Quran is full of flaws and was clearly written by men.

Agreed and well written
But the Earth being 6000 years old is a fine belief and does not contradict science at all. :rolleyes:

Sounds like another person who hasn't bothered to research creation facts.
If there are other ayah's that claim the earth rotates, isn't that another contradiction to add to the already saturated lists of contradictions?

Lol no. Read what I said. Stationary doesn't mean what you think it means.
Sounds like another person who hasn't bothered to research creation facts.

Sorry... just seems bizzare with the facts that counter the idea.
Stationary doesn't mean what you think it means.

:smile:

Contradictions

Quran 7: 54 Your gurdian-Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in Six DaysQuran 10: 3 Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran 41: 9 Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days ?Quran 41: 10 He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYSObvious Flaws

Assuming the sun has a resting place.

Quran 36: 38

Reasons why allah created stars

Quran 67: 5

And We have (from of old) adorned the lowest heaven (sky) with lamps, and We have made such (Lamps as) missiles to drive away Satans…

Quran 37: 6-8 We have indeed decorated the lower heaven (sky) with beauty (in) the stars, (for beauty) and for guard against all obstinate rebellious Satans. So they should not strain their ears in the direction of the Exalted Assembly but be cast away from every side.Bones created from flesh

Quran 23:14

Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones then (not and) clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!

Earth not rotating

Creating the Heavens AND Earth in 6 days =/= creating the Earth in 2 days =/= creating the earth and filling it in 4 days.

The 'resting place' is in relation to Allah's arsh, not the Earth, so nothing wrong here.

Your other point about stars is not a contradiction... the rest are not contradictions either; at best you can claim them to be scientific errors but nothing of what you posted contradicts internally.

Again, give me real internal contradictions please.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest