The Student Room Group

Some people shouldn't get to vote

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordanL_
Some people aren't capable of telling the difference between a fact, an opinion and a lie, and they aren't capable of evaluating evidence. They aren't capable of being sceptical and thinking critically.

They're so arrogant and ignorant that they'll dismiss the opinions of renowned experts, somehow deciding that they know better. It never occurs to these people "actually, maybe I'm full of ****". They just make stuff up as they go along, whatever fits their agenda, and they ignore anyone who tries to interfere.

There are people that voted to leave the EU because "We give 350m/week to the EU". We don't. They could have made this shocking revelation had they bothered to do 5 seconds of research, but they didn't. They don't even know what they want because they don't know what's real and what's made up.

Everyone who disagrees with them is dismissed as having an agenda, and then they decide that they're just as qualified to comment. Scientists around the world said that a Brexit would be bad for the UK, but these Little Englanders knew better.

They're opposed to progress, and actively sabotage it, and they think that anything they don't understand is evil.

These are the people that would have had us keep believing the Earth is flat, and the people that would have kept burning scientists at the stake for their heresy.

And then, when it turns out they made the wrong decision, they just say "well, that's democracy!" and we all have to suffer the consequences.

You're disillusioning yourself if you can't see how you're entire post is serving your own agenda, just like the people you're pointing the finger at
Reply 21
They're all stuck with a declining economy and a brain drain because of people that don't know what facts are. You haven't actually made a point, you're just being condescending.

Whereas someone saying that those who disagree with them shouldn't be allowed to vote isn't condescending at all
Reply 22
For what it's worth, I agree with every word of the OP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some people aren't capable of telling the difference between a fact, an opinion and a lie, and they aren't capable of evaluating evidence. They aren't capable of being sceptical and thinking critically.

They're so arrogant and ignorant that they'll dismiss the opinions of renowned experts, somehow deciding that they know better. It never occurs to these people "actually, maybe I'm full of ****". They just make stuff up as they go along, whatever fits their agenda, and they ignore anyone who tries to interfere.

There are people that voted to leave the EU because "We give 350m/week to the EU". We don't. They could have made this shocking revelation had they bothered to do 5 seconds of research, but they didn't. They don't even know what they want because they don't know what's real and what's made up.

Everyone who disagrees with them is dismissed as having an agenda, and then they decide that they're just as qualified to comment. Scientists around the world said that a Brexit would be bad for the UK, but these Little Englanders knew better.

They're opposed to progress, and actively sabotage it, and they think that anything they don't understand is evil.

These are the people that would have had us keep believing the Earth is flat, and the people that would have kept burning scientists at the stake for their heresy.

And then, when it turns out they made the wrong decision, they just say "well, that's democracy!" and we all have to suffer the consequences.

Democracy is so overrated.
Reply 24
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
Democracy is so overrated.

Indeed.

It's the worst form of government.

Spoiler

It's nothing to do with disagreeing with me. You can't agree or disagree with facts.

Question? Mark Carney is a Keynesian Economist and Peter Schiff is a Austrian Economist. When I dismissed Mark Carney I was told I was ignoring the facts but Peter Schiff had a lot of decent facts to in favor of the Brexit along with a almost flawless record at predicting market crashes.

Am I suppose to dismiss Austrian Economics in favor of the Keynesian school just to make cry baby Remain camp Luvvies like yourself happy?

I love these Remain tears. Really brightening up my day.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by illegaltobepoor
Question? Mark Carney is a Keynesian Economist and Peter Schiff is a Austrian Economist. When I dismissed Mark Carney I was told I was ignoring the facts but Peter Schiff had a lot of decent facts to in favor of the Brexit along with a almost flawless record at predicting market crashes.

Am I suppose to dismiss Austrian Economics in favor of the Keynesian school just to make cry baby Remain camp Luvvies like yourself happy?

I love these Remain tears. Really brightening up my day.

You are
Original post by joecphillips
You are

Its like giving a whining child sweeties to make the brat shut up.

That gave me a idea though. Just in case we have water shortages this summer I could hire a couple of 18-25 year old's, put them in my green house and loop-play statements of Nigel Farage over and over again about the Brexit until all their tears water my plants.

Cheaper than the water meter that's for sure!
Original post by Waifuism
you'll grow out of this phase eventually (probably)

(hopefully)

I agree Jordan! I hereby delcare that all people who think differently to me are denied their right to have a say, opinion or vote.

The irony of the bolded considering he is not a troll is too much.

Too much
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 30
Its like giving a whining child sweeties to make the brat shut up.

That gave me a idea though. Just in case we have water shortages this summer I could hire a couple of 18-25 year old's, put them in my green house and loop-play statements of Nigel Farage over and over again about the Brexit until all their tears water my plants.

Cheaper than the water meter that's for sure!

Prsom

But then you would have a flooding problem.
Original post by moggis
Indeed.

Spoiler

Except all those that have already being tried

Yes Churchill. If you were wondering what other forms of government he is referring too, take a look at Nazi Germany, North Korea, Saudi Arabia and so on
Reply 32
I think you raise a interesting point and have been misunderstood by some people here, but surely we should point the finger at remain for not exposing the lies :u: The 350m thing was jokes when Farage denied it but then I realised how much more garbage did they spout which we will now discover.
Original post by joecphillips
Prsom

But then you would have a flooding problem.

True. Perhaps we can take all the unemployed under 25's remain voters and start a hydro-power plant in the Pennies.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
True. Perhaps we can take all the unemployed under 25's remain voters and start a hydro-power plant in the Pennies.

They can finally be useful.
I wonder how many people who voted, believe the Earth is flat. The OP has the worst case of Sour Grapes I have ever seen.
There was scaremongering on both sides. Anyway let's look forward instead of looking back.
Original post by wildleaves
and who are these people not capable of critical thinking? only those that disagreed with you i assume ?

Of course. Didn't you know? Only the Brexit side used lies, scaremongering and misleading propaganda. There was none of that on the remain side, they were perfectly reasonable and squeaky clean in every way.

/s
Original post by moggis
Indeed.

Spoiler

I was just quoting frank underwood.
Original post by RF_PineMarten
Of course. Didn't you know? Only the Brexit side used lies, scaremongering and misleading propaganda. There was none of that on the remain side, they were perfectly reasonable and squeaky clean in every way.

/s

People keep saying this, but they can never point out any lies coming from the remain campaign. So go ahead, I'm curious.

Idiots like this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3658563/Meet-Bregretters-Public-backed-Leave-vote-say-want-STAY-EU-one-admits-didn-t-think-vote-count.html

"I voted leave because I thought we would remain"

How stupid are these people? It's like living in some sort of dark satire, and episode of ****ing Black Mirror.

These people should get no say in my future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending