The Student Room Group

Removing Sun Spots and pigmentation? :(

I wear sun screen all the time and I have Asian skin, but theres an obvious tiny dark sun spot on my cheek today :frown:

Anyone removed these before? Are creams like retinol or lasers good?

Scroll to see replies

I am sure you can get them removed by laser but it all depends on if you wish to do that.
I suffer from the same and I understand the embarrassment, often treatments like this, can cost money and time so I just use a concealer.
In time many sun spots fade away
There really is nothing wrong with sunspots/pigments/moles etc. Most of the adult population have them.
Reply 3
Original post by maryamzahid
I am sure you can get them removed by laser but it all depends on if you wish to do that.
I suffer from the same and I understand the embarrassment, often treatments like this, can cost money and time so I just use a concealer.
In time many sun spots fade away

Thanks, have yours faded? I think I had one on my neck before and its still there but less noticeable, its depressing tho :frown:

beautifulbigmacs
There really is nothing wrong with sunspots/pigments/moles etc. Most of the adult population have them.

Its noticeable tho :frown: Plus I dont like to wear foundation in summer to cover it
Original post by Desi123
Thanks, have yours faded? I think I had one on my neck before and its still there but less noticeable, its depressing tho :frown:

Its noticeable tho :frown: Plus I dont like to wear foundation in summer to cover it

mine have faded but occasionally come back up darker, I have been to the doctors and they said its to do with how much I expose it in to the sun?
Nonetheless, everyones sun spots are different and yours could just fade over time completely :smile:
Reply 5
mine have faded but occasionally come back up darker, I have been to the doctors and they said its to do with how much I expose it in to the sun?
Nonetheless, everyones sun spots are different and yours could just fade over time completely :smile:

Thanks :smile: How long did it take yours to fade? I try to avoid the sun yes haha
Reply 6
Original post by Desi123
I wear sun screen all the time and I have Asian skin, but theres an obvious tiny dark sun spot on my cheek today :frown:

Anyone removed these before? Are creams like retinol or lasers good?

You can get lazer treatment for this sort of thing but it's gonna be quite expensive like £500 or so TBH
Reply 7
Original post by fefssdf
You can get lazer treatment for this sort of thing but it's gonna be quite expensive like £500 or so TBH

I'm working so I can afford it. Does it work though? :colondollar:
Original post by Desi123
Thanks :smile: How long did it take yours to fade? I try to avoid the sun yes haha

About a month I think, personally as I have gotten older, it doesn't really bother me much as it is something that I had to get over, but if you are working and it is causing you to feel insecure, I would recommend laser as that can get rid of it (depending on how dark the sun spots are mind you), and before laser, there are tonnes of creams that can get of them with time.

I recommend exfoliating and then wearing a high spf sunscreen as well :smile:
Reply 9
About a month I think, personally as I have gotten older, it doesn't really bother me much as it is something that I had to get over, but if you are working and it is causing you to feel insecure, I would recommend laser as that can get rid of it (depending on how dark the sun spots are mind you), and before laser, there are tonnes of creams that can get of them with time.

I recommend exfoliating and then wearing a high spf sunscreen as well :smile:

Thanks hun :smile: What did you use to exfoliate with/what creams are good? I have a good sunscreen already so will stick with that I think.

It's really dark and it popped up out of nowhere so it is kinda getting me down haha.
Original post by Desi123
Thanks hun :smile: What did you use to exfoliate with/what creams are good? I have a good sunscreen already so will stick with that I think.

It's really dark and it popped up out of nowhere so it is kinda getting me down haha.

if you have has the spots only recently i really recommend you just wait it out before doing any laser stuff, as they calm down naturally.
I just use st ives apricot scrub as it really does exfoliate everything and smells divine! plus its on the cheap side too!
Reply 11
if you have has the spots only recently i really recommend you just wait it out before doing any laser stuff, as they calm down naturally.
I just use st ives apricot scrub as it really does exfoliate everything and smells divine! plus its on the cheap side too!

I thought it was best if you treated them immediately but I can wait I guess.

My sister has that I'll borrow it off her first :biggrin: Ty
Use lemon it lightens the area of the skin.
Original post by Desi123
I thought it was best if you treated them immediately but I can wait I guess.

My sister has that I'll borrow it off her first :biggrin: Ty

give it a month or two, then do the treatment and yay! that will save u a bit of money eh? :biggrin:
Reply 14
give it a month or two, then do the treatment and yay! that will save u a bit of money eh? :biggrin:

Yeah, fingers crossed it just goes away before :biggrin:
Original post by Desi123
I'm working so I can afford it. Does it work though? :colondollar:

Well I haven't tried it myself but i remember looking at before and after pics of it before - perhaps just google it and see the pics and then you'll know whether you think its worth the cash aha
Reply 16
Original post by fefssdf
Well I haven't tried it myself but i remember looking at before and after pics of it before - perhaps just google it and see the pics and then you'll know whether you think its worth the cash aha

Thanks :smile: I looked it up on Google, apparently it doesn't always work :eek: Do you know anything else that works? Haha :tongue:
Original post by Desi123
Thanks :smile: I looked it up on Google, apparently it doesn't always work :eek: Do you know anything else that works? Haha :tongue:

tbh just wear lots of sunscreen and drink tonnes of water if you want nice skin. I'm sure in a few years you'll get use to freckles / marks like idk they aren't that bad really . you could always just research and invest in good makeup if you're really image conscious
Reply 18
Thank you that looks great :smile: I'll give that a try as it's cheaper than most other things I've seen and the reviews are good too.

Does it lighten your whole face or mostly the spots? (Hope that makes sense lol :colondollar:) Yeah I have acid in my cleanser lol nbd :tongue: :colondollar:
Reply 19
Yeah I'll do the spot thing I think, my normal skin tone is OK :smile: Glad to hear it's good for sensitive skin cause mine is really sensitive too. Do you use it every day as or with cleanser?

Quick Reply

Latest