The Student Room Group

2nd EU Referendum

On what basis should we have another one?
Dunno whether to laugh or yawn with this one

Ah **** it I'll do both.
Reply 3
Original post by ODES_PDES

Because I suspect if you ran the vote again it would swing the other way. Just my hunch of course, and not that I expect that to convince you.
It's baffling that so many people are contemptuous of a democratic vote and prone to having a hissy fit when things don't go their way. There was a similar reaction after the general election as I recall.

It may not be the result they, or I, wanted but it's the result we have. Time to move on and I look forward to the end of the self-righteous *****ing on social media.
Reply 5
Christ kids are thick.

You don't just keep voting until you get the result you want. That's not how the system works.
If it goes through expect Civil War.
Reply 7
Original post by ManThatCan
If it goes through expect Civil War.

Oh grow up.
Reply 8
"In the first 8 hours after the UK referendum result of a ‪#‎Brexit‬, the UK lost $350bn, which is a greater amount than they contributed to the EU budget over last 15 years - including the rebate."
Original post by Zadkiel
"In the first 8 hours after the UK referendum result of a ‪#‎Brexit‬, the UK lost $350bn, which is a greater amount than they contributed to the EU budget over last 15 years - including the rebate."

Then as the day progressed it regained it all, STOP LYING and TWISTING THE FACTS TO THROW INSULTS
Reply 10
Original post by ManThatCan
Then as the day progressed it regained it all, STOP LYING and TWISTING THE FACTS TO THROW INSULTS

I didn't make this up. This one of the official statistics issued by a major financial organization.

I couldn't care less about what you guys do with your country as I am only studying there and then I will move back to Scotland where it shall be independent! :smile:
I find it pointless tbh, if the outcome was half split again will we ask for a third referrundem? It was a fair election and we got to accept it as it is.
I'm vote remain and i completely disagree with this.

I'm extremely upset and disappointed with the result however we live in a democracy. This was a democratic vote, just because we didnt get the result we wanted doesnt mean we have the right to "redo" the vote till we get our preferred result.

This goes against everything the democratic vote stood for in the first place.
Original post by ODES_PDES

Democrazy.
Reply 14

Like I've said time and time again, a 2nd ref is essentially calling for undemocratic politics. We need to move on as a nation and accept the result. Therefore I'm not signing the petition.

You do know how much of a moron anybody who signs this is? It will simply waste parliamentary time as they laugh at your opposition to democracy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn a lot of people have signed this petition. I would vote remain but I'm 17;however a second referendum is idiotic, we just have to accept the outcome
Reply 17

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending