The Student Room Group

Petition calling for 2nd Referendum - and write to your MP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by ByEeek
To be fair - Osborne kind of over egged it with his predictions that we would all be £4k worse off. The sh1t is indeed starting to rain down, but when I have family saying they might vote to leave because Cameron told them to stay, kind of sums up the sad state of affairs UK politics is these days.

£250 billion / 64 million people = £3,900 per person

Looks like Osborne was correct.
Signed it
Original post by RF_PineMarten
1. Brilliant example of the kind of disgusting snobbery that probably lost your side the referendum. Going by that logic, why not do away with general elections as well?

2. Blatant sensationalism. We're an important country and we're in other organisations like the UN and NATO. To suggest we suddenly have no influence on the world stage because we voted to leave the EU is ridiculous.

3. And a majority of the eligible electorate who voted wanted to leave.

Edited
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by metrize
Has a city in a country wanted independence recently?

The only recent example I can think of is Catalonia wanting independence from Spain, would be interesting how that would work

Catalonia isn't a city.
If you want 16/17 year olds to vote because if affects them more why shouldnt newborns be able to vote?
Its gonn surpass 1 million signatures jeez
I signed. Don't give up until the fat lady sings...

The UK has to trigger article 50 before it can negociate to leave.Before that trigger we need a "leave" government.The "leave" government is split hopelessly totally out, EEA'ers and the 48% who want to stay.It might take ages for this government to thrash out a political position.They then might take it to a general election on the issue BEFORE they trigger article 50.They then might lose that election.

KEEP FIGHTING!
Original post by teenhorrorstory
You have no idea how stupid you sound. How the **** would a newborn even be able to vote

With a pencil or crayon maybe.
1 million. Wow.
Original post by physicsphysics91
With a pencil or crayon maybe.

I think you'd see quite a few dirty protests.
Original post by offhegoes
I think you'd see quite a few dirty protests.

At least they wont cry for another referendum.
Original post by physicsphysics91
At least they wont cry for another referendum.

Not yet, anyway. Give them time.
Can't believe its almost on 1 million already. Though I doubt it'll come to fruition, it will be interesting to see if the number of signatures exceeds the amount of people that Brexit won by :holmes:
Original post by jneill
£250 billion / 64 million people = £3,900 per person

Looks like Osborne was correct.

The money is not coming from the tax coffers but rather borrowing by the BOE against its assets.

Nobody is a penny poorer for it.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Can't believe its almost on 1 million already. Though I doubt it'll come to fruition, it will be interesting to see if the number of signatures exceeds the amount of people that Brexit won by :holmes:

Since remain won 15 million votes, it would still be pointless.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21
Since remain won by 15 million votes, it would still be pointless.

If everyone votes we can actually beat the Britx referendum vote - just keep on going - nothing is over until the fat lady sings...
its already well over a million - keep on going and going...
We need to get it incredibly high into the many millions.
Original post by FredOrJohn
If everyone votes we can actually beat the Britx referendum vote - just keep on going - nothing is over until the fat lady sings...

The fat lady is up for negotiation at the exit negotiations.

Brexit have won and what you people are doing now is making yourselves look incredibly stupid and hypocritical.

Your like the people who had protests for PR after the Tories won despite Labour winning in 05 with a lower margin and vote share and higher majority.
Original post by Rakas21
The fat lady is up for negotiation at the exit negotiations.

Brexit have won and what you people are doing now is making yourselves look incredibly stupid and hypocritical.

Your like the people who had protests for PR after the Tories won despite Labour winning in 05 with a lower margin and vote share and higher majority.

Nonsense - If Labour win, Cons don't give up being cons.

You are an idiot.

I am an EU citizen and will fight democratically every way possible to keep it that way.

Clear off the thread if you can't take the fightback!

SIGN THE PETITION PLEASE..

Thanks
Are you for real? We had a vote! 33 Million people voted! Was not like they only asked Dave from down the pub? The majority voted leave! I voted leave and if I had woke up and saw remain, like i expected to see tbh, I would of gotten on with my life and not ***** about it? So why don't you get on with yours?

Quick Reply

Latest