The Student Room Group

Seriously wtf remainers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
unbelievable , they lose and then want another referendum because it's not the result they wanted, tuff it's called democracy, if you don't like it leave the uk and join one of the other eu countries which will probably also be voting to leave the broken eu community pretty soon too!!!

Many people want to leave the EU despite what Nigel farage thinks, he doesn't speak for everyone
(edited 7 years ago)
It's ok because, the parliament won't implement it, unless they want 52% of the population who got off their ass and voted to incite a protest. Stupid signatures on that petition count no more than their vote to remain, its the same people voting the same thing and 'remainers' talk about the loss of money through leaving the EU, how much do you think it costs to hold a referendum. Idiots.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/eu-referendum/73869/eu-referendum-how-much-did-it-all-cost
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5

Thats a lie btw, he never said yes.
Ps. This is how civil war happens, when democracy fails.
Original post by katiemariefryer

Democracy didn't fail 52% got what they wanted?
It's ok because, the parliament won't implement it, unless they want 52% of the population who got off their ass and voted to incite a protest. Stupid signatures on that petition count no more than their vote to remain, its the same people voting the same thing and 'remainers' talk about the loss of money through leaving the EU, how much do you think it costs to hold a referendum. Idiots.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/eu-referendum/73869/eu-referendum-how-much-did-it-all-cost

But it wasn't 52% of the population. 52% of the vote was to leave, not everyone voted though as there was only a 72% turnout
Original post by GeorgeMillerr
Democracy didn't fail 52% got what they wanted?

I was talking about the petition for the 2nd referendum. If there was a 2nd referendum, they'd be an uproar. That would be democracy failing.
Given leave voters may have screwed over our futures I think we have a right to be angry. A second referendum is nonsense but I am not going to stop feeling angry.

How did 'democracy fail'...?
To be honest, leavers would've done the same if they had lost so I don't see why you're complaining.
Original post by The Roast
How did 'democracy fail'...?

It fails if we have another vote.

That doesn't make any sense.

How does democracy fail though?
Original post by WhisperingTide
That doesn't make any sense.

Of course it does, we all voted in or out. The out vote won.
If we have another vote, to undermine the first one, then that's no democracy, its rolling the dice until you get the numbers you need.
If we have another vote, to undermine the first one, then that's no democracy, its rolling the dice until you get the numbers you need.

Oh I see, you're against the 2nd Referendum?
Original post by The Roast
Oh I see, you're against the 2nd Referendum?

Yes.

Not everybody voted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending