The Student Room Group

Have you ever dumped someone for being too dissimilar to you?

My ex said he dumped me bacause we 'weren't similar people'. It was very sudden and he had said he had really liked me which is why he cried when he dumped me. But that he had decided to end things because he knew it couldn't work in the long term. I really don't know how I feel about this :s
Original post by Anonymous
My ex said he dumped me bacause we 'weren't similar people'. It was very sudden and he had said he had really liked me which is why he cried when he dumped me. But that he had decided to end things because he knew it couldn't work in the long term. I really don't know how I feel about this :s

Not being similar people makes me think there must be some sort of big issue you have completely different opinions on, or that you both want something really different from your lives in the long term. It's a pretty normal thing, people want completely different things and it's not sensible to waste time (as awful as that sounds) with someone who ultimately wants something very different to you. People do inevitably start thinking about the long term and this happens a lot.
I have. We didn't click at all. There was nothing to talk about.
Reply 3
Original post by Tiger Rag
I have. We didn't click at all. There was nothing to talk about.

Did you like her initially?
Did you like her initially?

He. I wasn't sure tbh. We had one date and I decided after that.
Reply 5
Original post by Tiger Rag
He. I wasn't sure tbh. We had one date and I decided after that.

So you didn't dump them? You just went on one date?

I'm sorry to hear that OP, I understand you must be quite upset and shocked right now, but clearly this person wasn't right for you or else he would still be with you :console: :console:

To answer your question; No, I've never dumped someone for having nothing in common with them, but I have been reluctant to start a relationship with someone who really liked me for that reason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending