The Student Room Group

Brexit; We dared to dream!

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=Marshall Taylor;66085037]Good job! What has leaving done for us straight away?
-Not taken control of our borders
-Admitted lying about £350m to the NHS
-Reduced the pound coin to it's lowest in 30 years
-Destroyed our market
-Made other countries hate us
-Will be the start of recession and inflation!
-Removed David Cameron, the only one with enough experience to lead us through this unstable time
-Elected Boris Johnson as potential PM (I heard he still hasn't had a shower)

What are brexit doing after destroying our economy?
Celebration, why of course! smh

Oh now don't you worry Marshall, they(leavers) are saying this is short term, now perhaps we should be delusional too and believe that potential PM's like Boris Jhonson will make the dream come true, because of course they seem soooo well prepared and have everything planned out now don't they? because all they said was so realistic wasn't it? so be happy and celebrate, celebrate the competence of future politicians who can't seem to make up their mind, celebrate the "short term" destruction of the economy, celebrate the drop of the value of our currency, celebrate inflation, celebrate the upcoming consequences, because with people like Nigel Farage who lie and seem to have absolutely no thought out plan of how to go about this leave from the EU, I doubt we are going to be getting much better than what we are now for a while so might as well celebrate this misery.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Asiimov
I consider it an invasion of somebody's privacy that cannot be justified for any public health reason.

Is checking for TB, Hepatitis C, and Cystic Fibrosis a privacy invasion? Why does HIV get special status?

Personally I think it's about as invasive as HM Revenue wanting to see your full bank statements.
Original post by joecphillips
Were your friends unaware of the risk that exchange rates would fluctuate? If so did they vote? And what way?

Voted to remain and just like the stock exchange, they got it wrong.
You won't get a second referendum. We already sent shockwaves down the EU, they know things need to change
Original post by Asiimov
Everyone has to be checked for stds now because that's totally not a violation of privacy for no good reason.

inb4 "but ebola quarantines", yeah ebola is a bit more contagious mate.

Well that shouldn't happen either
Original post by physicsphysics91
You're so triggered ahaha

Correct. And I think I have the right to be considering the magnitude of the situation you don't seem to realise you've brought upon us.
Original post by Alexion
Correct. And I think I have the right to be considering the magnitude of the situation you don't seem to realise you've brought upon us.

Then leave the country.
Thank you all, fellow Brexiteers! Well done all! :biggrin:
Then leave the country.

o because it's that easy yeah
You won't get a second referendum. We already sent shockwaves down the EU, they know things need to change

Farage has already admitted to lying about the NHS, how much more of the Leave campaigns promises were lies? We have made a terrible mistake and have been lied to
The EU lied to us about how many migrants we should take.
The EU lied to us about how many migrants we should take.

I think we can cope with a few extra thousand migrants in exchange for economic stability, dont you?
you do realise our markets are above the rest of the EU's right now?
you do realise our markets are above the rest of the EU's right now?

Not the FTSE 250 though, that's gone down quicker than the Titanic (okay, maybe an exaggeration, but it's a better indicator of our economy than the FTSE 100)
Original post by JordanL_
"Work for next to nothing" except we have a minimum wage, and it's increasing.

Unemployment is going down.

It's not increasing against house/rent prices, and against the pay of people at the top. Unemployment can also go down as a perecentage if we have a higher population with more immigrants but more people born here can't afford to live on wages and are unemployed.
Still, relatively better than other markets.

London's FTSE 100 outperforming. It closed 3.2 percent lower on the day and nearly 2 percent higher on the week. The French CAC closed around 8 percent lower on the day. Germany's DAX index tanked as much as 10 percent before paring losses, closing around 6.8 percent down. Italy's FTSE MIB and Spain's IBEX both closed more than 12 percent lower.
Still, relatively better than other markets.

London's FTSE 100 outperforming. It closed 3.2 percent lower on the day and nearly 2 percent higher on the week. The French CAC closed around 8 percent lower on the day. Germany's DAX index tanked as much as 10 percent before paring losses, closing around 6.8 percent down. Italy's FTSE MIB and Spain's IBEX both closed more than 12 percent lower.

The FTSE 100 is not a reliable indicator of our economy, I just said this. Do you know how much the BoE has had to commit to stabilise the markets?

250 BILLION

Yes, you read that right, Billion, not million. That's pretty much about 30 years of money we receive from the EU gone, in a day. Anything that we would have saved from leaving the EU has now gone down the drain and our economy has been downgraded from 5th largest to 6th largest not to mention our credit rating.

Yeah sure, there isn't fireballs coming down from the heavens and the sky hasn't turned black, but there may aswell have been
They haven't committed anything yet and probably will not need to. Why are you acting like they have lol.
They haven't committed anything yet and probably will not need to. Why are you acting like they have lol.

Why are you ignoring the fact that Britain has had a credit downgrade and our Pound has crashed?
You've done it, dreamers! What, Farage lied to you and that money, far less than they said it was anyway, won't actually fund the NHS? The UK will probably be fractured in a few years? Extremist nationalists across Europe can't wait to follow suit? Prospective students from the EU and UK wanting to study in each others countries are now at a complete loss? And this is just the tip of the iceberg? Well, that must be just scarmongering bullcrap, it's okay because YOU ARE FREE FROM THE EVIL EUROPEANS HURR DURR

Pardon my French... um, sorry, that's too european a term... my language, but Jesus ****ing Christ. Thanks for screwing over so many lives, including mine. Hope you're happy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending