The Student Room Group

Seriously wtf remainers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JamesN88
What's done is done, otherwide it'll just be referendums for eternity. It would be interesting though since Leave went back on their "£350 million for the NHS" fantasy within 24 hours.

Nigel really shot himself in the foot with this as well.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_576e6585e4b08d2c56393f12?edition=uk

Nigel isn't in the official Leave campaign though, he isn't prime minister and he isn't the chancellor.

Funny how remainers say that Leavers are using migrants as scapegoats when all they've ever done is blame Nigel for things he has no control over lol.

Think I'll send that all those saying deal with it, thank you (i voted leave btw)
Original post by Tsunaomi
Remainers are giving me a headache. I can't log on to facebook without petitions for a second referendum, complaints about how Nigel lied to everyone (EVEN THOUGH HE ISN'T FORMALLY IN THE LEAVE CAMPAIGN, AND HE ISN'T CHANCELLOR!), a call for an independent Scotland, and my country's very own Arlene Foster calling for an independent Northern Ireland (seriously, wtf.)

We live in a democracy, accept the fact you lost, and act like members of a united kingdom. Nobody is going to make the UK into anything worth saving if everyone continues to act butthurt and whinge about how unfair everything is.

The hypocrisy in your statement is just ridiculous; I don't know whether to laugh at your stupidity or be angered by it. Scotland and NI overwhelmingly voted to remain, so why should they be dragged out of the EU because of Wales and England? I mean it is a democracy, right? Funny how leavers wanted to leave a union which made the whole of the UK better, and now are forcing other countries in the UK remain within the UK, when they don't want to.
Original post by Tsunaomi
Nigel isn't in the official Leave campaign though, he isn't prime minister and he isn't the chancellor.

Funny how remainers say that Leavers are using migrants as scapegoats when all they've ever done is blame Nigel for things he has no control over lol.

Yet no denial that a key piece of Leave's propaganda was a blatant lie. To put things into context the Bank of England had to make £250 billion available to help prevent the chaos that this caused, roughly 25 years worth of EU budget contributions.

Nigel has definately shot himself in the foot with his 52/48 second referendum comments.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 44
There are a lot of bad losers, that is true.
Original post by katiemariefryer
Of course it does, we all voted in or out. The out vote won.
If we have another vote, to undermine the first one, then that's no democracy, its rolling the dice until you get the numbers you need.

As opposed to rolling the dice and accepting the first result at face value.
Original post by Esoteric-
And your point is?

If people didnt turn up that's their own fault

I wasn't trying to prove a point, just clarifying what she wrote :smile:
they need to accept it and get on with life, and stop trying to get their own way. it's pathetic.
People want a second referendum because it was handled terribly. So many lies on both sides that are becoming more obvious. We have to hold political campaigns to a better standard than this, specially for such a big decision that is so 50/50. These back-handed, sometime blatantly false campaigns shouldn't be allowed to go on. And you can't just blame people who wanted to remain; loads of 'leave' votes are angry about being lied to. It's not just a petty comeback.
Original post by Olie
Many Brexiteers were moaning about rigging (with the whole pencil debacle) before the polling stations had even closed, they seem quiet on that front now. Seriously, I think if the result had been the other way round, we would be hearing a lot more complaining by Brexiteers than we are of Remainers, so it's pretty hypocritical for people to accuse Remainers of being bitter when they'd be exactly the same if the tables had turned.

Agree 100%, we would never hear the end of it. And they're complaining at remainers for being upset about the result? It's all over TSR today, telling remain to "live with it" when their reaction would be the exact same, if not worse, if they hadn't "won". :sigh:
Original post by drowzee
The hypocrisy in your statement is just ridiculous; I don't know whether to laugh at your stupidity or be angered by it. Scotland and NI overwhelmingly voted to remain, so why should they be dragged out of the EU because of Wales and England? I mean it is a democracy, right? Funny how leavers wanted to leave a union which made the whole of the UK better, and now are forcing other countries in the UK remain within the UK, when they don't want to.

I don't mind if you laugh at me or call me stupid. Insulting me won't change my opinions or suddenly heal my awful case of supposed stupidity.

They should be 'dragged out' as you put it because they're not independent countries. (At the moment, at least.) Nobody is 'forcing' anybody, it was a referendum for the WHOLE OF THE UK, it wasn't for individual countries to decide if they should stay or not. That's the blatant truth of it, and it wasn't as if it wasn't well advertised and discussed before.

They have every right to ask for a referendum to leave the UK, like they have done and lost before, but they're not being forced to leave the EU. The people asked for a whole of the UK EU referendum and they got it.

Also, a large number of people in Northern Ireland work for the UK government as civil servants, they won't vote to leave the UK because we would crash and BURN. NI majorly voted to REMAIN but it definitely wouldn't be a case for leaving the UK.
(edited 7 years ago)
Mathematically, about 38% of people eligible to vote got what they wanted, compared to about 35% who didn't get what they wanted.
Reply 52
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
What are you crying about you numpty. Leave voters were always going to be crying for a 2nd vote if they lost narrowly. Given the amount of braindead xenophobes that swung the vote, it is understandable that the intelligent people of the UK are at least trying to fix this mess by getting a 2nd vote.

Do tell me what I'm crying about, its the remainers crying and no we wouldn't of.
They only like democracy when it goes their way. Childish to say the least
Original post by katiemariefryer
Then that's their own damn fault.

Original post by GeorgeMillerr
Everyone had an equal chance to vote, People who didn't vote chose not to, just like the 52% of the voters chose to vote Leave

To have missed my point any more you'd have had to use the 4th spacial dimension.

I was just saying that, since not everybody voted, a second vote would not be 'Destroying democracy' or whatever.
Also, in light of that £350million lie, I can see an argument for it.
Original post by Profesh
As opposed to rolling the dice and accepting the first result at face value.

How many times exactly do you propose we roll the dice then?.....Three hundred and fifty?.....Over Nine thousand?
How many times exactly do you propose we roll the dice then?.....Three hundred and fifty?.....Over Nine thousand?

Nope- just however many times it takes to get the answer they want!

My point is that to characterise a political process, by analogy, as merely 'rolling the dice' (i.e. essentially random) is to wholly repudiate its validity as a democratic exercise. According to that logic, no referendum should ever be considered secure, and to present 'one roll of the die' as sufficient yet 'several rolls of the die' as somehow undemocratic is abject hypocrisy.
Reply 58
I bet we won't get another vote and if we do it'll be Leave again. My reasoning will remain unknown. Some people voted Leave but didn't think Leave would win. Lots of people said that to me
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ckfeister
Do tell me what I'm crying about, its the remainers crying and no we wouldn't of.

did you make this thread? cba going back to check. Assuming you did, you are crying about calls for a new referendum, if you didn't care about it you wouldn't be making a thread crying about it. You won, maybe you should go and get on with the **** storm you voted for instead of complaining about other people complaining about other people.

And maybe you as a person may not have called for a 2nd ref. but the leave camp would have, maybe not all but certainly the likes of Farage and the other bigots who can't accept that the UK isn't the same power house it was in the early/mid 1900s, he even said so himself before they actually won, he said if it was close they're would be calls for a second. Now that it has gone the other way for some reason a 2nd ref is now absurd apparently, talk about fickle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending