The Student Room Group

Petition calling for 2nd Referendum - and write to your MP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by Ordo
Its just the data of people's personal details and number of vote. I hope government will give us another chance to vote. If not, its ok.

???

What part of that did you miss?

Only 354k people from the UK have signed this petition.

17.4 million signed the petition to leave on the 23rd
Original post by EuanF
Yes really - check the .json file for the petition (lists number and origin of votes)

{"name":"United Kingdom","code":"GB","signature_count":353988}

If you count all of the individual country counts, it only sums to ~400000-420000. So...
Reply 402
Original post by Alexion
If you count all of the individual country counts, it only sums to ~400000-420000. So...

Even if the count in the .json is wrong, you still need to surpass 17.4 million signatures for the petition to be any more than butthurt remain voters whining :biggrin:
Hilarious, It's like a little child crying to mummy because they didn't get what they wanted
Reply 404
Original post by EuanF
Only 350k of them are from the UK lmao

Wrong. JSON isn't up to date. Sum the countries... nowhere near the total number of signatories.

See my edited post above.
Reply 405
Original post by EuanF
Even if the count in the .json is wrong, you still need to surpass 17.4 million signatures for the petition to be any more than butthurt remain voters whining :biggrin:

So now you've been called out you just want to move your goalpost.

Sound familiar? :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
It was very stupid of them not to vote. I don't think they expected so many knuckle draggers to vote. Once again the old people have ruined it for the generations following them. Maybe not a reason for a re-vote, but it is certainly frustrating for someone who voted to stay, knowing the true majority wanted the same.

what's done is done and I doubt there will be a 2nd referendum. Though looks like a a lot of the big banks are getting worried tbh. And without an economy essentially reliant on London, the UK could be utterly screwed. Can only be a good thing for the second and only big English speaking city in Europe, that being Dublin.

Dublin and Frankfurt gain in the long run but an independent UK is far more likely to make London a tax haven than chase the rich away. We'll be fine whether in London or Leeds.
Seems a bit pointless in all honesty, because the EU has already said that once we are out there's no going back.
(edited 7 years ago)
Lefties on suicide watch
I'm thinking of starting a petition to restart the European Championships if England don't win. Would you guys sign this?
Reply 410
I am Scottish and Scotland voted to remain so why should Scotland and Ireland have to leave when it´s England and Wales that want to leave...just because they are countries with smaller populations and obviously add up to less votes they are being made do what another counrty wants.
Reply 411
excuse me I am scottish and Scotland voted to stay why should Scotland and Ireland have to leave because England and Wales want to.
the referendum is a settled matter, the implementation(total exit, ad/or how much we pay0 is for debate.The petition is silly and pointless
Reply 413
[QUOTE=Ordo;66096999]wow 1.6 million voted for 2nd petition :smile:
Maybe there would be an argument if it gets to 18 million :smile:
Original post by Zarek
Maybe there would be an argument if it gets to 18 million :smile:

AND they can all be certified as UK votes
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
No it is not discrimination. I am not asking for old people not to get a vote, they have every right. But to say an 18 year old is sensible but a 17year old is not is ridiculous.

I don't care what the EU has or has not done for the UK. The vote was won by xenophobes and idiots. Hearing them gloat makes be laugh as they talk absolutely no sense at all, they have no idea what they have gotten themselves into. Those idiots up who voted leave in the working class communities have just condemned themselves to more unemployment and poor investment, the Brexit torries owe their victory to them and will they repay them? haha, no, they will be doomed to a tory government with no leash, they are going to have a field day. Good bye steel industry, good bye investment, good bye jobs etc etc. Hey, at least the fishing indsutry will have no more restrictive laws, now the fishermen can fish whatever they want, that will workout just fine.

Your attitude of name calling and fear is exactly why the remain camp lost
Wow, almost 2 million people and the deadline is on November. My goodness.
Original post by jneill
There is a petition calling for a 2nd Referendum.

It's so popular it's crashing the gov site
=> https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-petition-for-second-eu-referendum-so-popular-the-government-sites-crashing-a7099996.html

Edit to add: Over 1.75 million signatures.
This is now the most signed UK petition ever. By far.

86% of signatories are in the UK. The rest are UK citizens living abroad.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/22/juncker-tells-britain-you-wont-get-a-better-deal/

Still, it's nowhere near the 17.4 million who are opposing the second referendum.

If it overtakes 17.4 million then sure let's have a second.
Reply 419
DONT BE STUPID. do you know how petty it is to be like 'oh let us back in please'?? its not happening. get over it and go educate urselves. youre lucky we left and youll see! other countries want to leave now because the EU is a shambles and treats the countries within it with no worth! half of you are copying what everyone else is saying rather than doing the research yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest