Scroll to see replies

how many marks was q3 in total?
Original post by Danllo
C1 - 90 UMS
C2 - 96 UMS
C3 - 83-84 UMS
C4 - 98 UMS
S1 - 77-80 UMS
S2 - Exam on Monday but last year I got 64 UMS (2015 paper). Would my current scores be good enough for an A* even if I didn't resit S2 this coming Monday ?

Why would you ask that? Just check for yourself.
How many marks was question 4 in total?
Reply 503
Hey all, I think I got 67 in C3 and the exact same in C4, maybe plus a couple of marks for working out on the final vector question, going by the unofficial mark schemes I've seen on here. Do you think that would be enough for the A* provided I get 480 overall?
Reply 504
Original post by AlmostNotable
Why would you ask that? Just check for yourself.

I was asking as I'm not sure how the A* grade works. There's different ways of achieve it and I would like to know whether my S2 UMS affects the A*.
Original post by Ri.Bal
Hey all, I think I got 67 in C3 and the exact same in C4, maybe plus a couple of marks for working out on the final vector question, going by the unofficial mark schemes I've seen on here. Do you think that would be enough for the A* provided I get 480 overall?

no it wont
Reply 506
Original post by rffdhgdgd345
no it wont

You don't think that would be 90 UMS on C3 and 4? What's your prediction for 90 then?
Anyone remember what 6ai was worth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by slb971
tbh, some of the questions were quite tricky, the one where you had to get rid of the square root (q6 i think?) comes to mind.

hmm what do you mean get rid of a square root - i can't remember what question this was ?!
You wouldnt have the number of marks for each question would you?

Original post by Mattematics
Pretty sure every answer is now correct. Enjoy :smile:

Question 1:

Spoiler

Question 2:

Spoiler

Question 3:

Spoiler

Question 4:

Spoiler

Question 5:

Spoiler

Question 6:

Spoiler

Question 7:

Spoiler

Question 8:

Spoiler

Can someone just post a clear reply showing how many marks there were for each question/part, if your memory is that good. Thanks.
Original post by HoldtheDoor
Can someone just post a clear reply showing how many marks there were for each question/part, if your memory is that good. Thanks.

Does anyone have the actual question paper? A markscheme on it's own isn't actual very informative unless you can remember the questions and your answers...
Can someone show me a worked solution for 4b please. I got 4a right but I got a different answer for 4b.
Reply 513
Original post by Student123789p
Can someone show me a worked solution for 4b please. I got 4a right but I got a different answer for 4b.

Set X as 20, find T so you have the time in days. Then multiply your result by 1440 to get the time in minutes
Reply 514
Original post by Danllo
C1 - 90 UMS
C2 - 96 UMS
C3 - 83-84 UMS
C4 - 98 UMS
S1 - 77-80 UMS
S2 - Exam on Monday but last year I got 64 UMS (2015 paper). Would my current scores be good enough for an A* even if I didn't resit S2 this coming Monday ?

You need 36 ums in your next exam for a star atm your on a b. You need 480 ums for a you have 444 and you need 480 + avg 90 in c3 and c4 which you have for a star
Original post by Danllo
C1 - 90 UMS
C2 - 96 UMS
C3 - 83-84 UMS
C4 - 98 UMS
S1 - 77-80 UMS

If You're smart enough to get high UMS on each paper, why aren't You smart enough to calculate yourself? Or You're just showing off?
Reply 516
Original post by Ri.Bal

Just to clarify, I realise this may be easily misunderstood, I meant that I think I got 67/75 raw marks in each of the papers. Will that likely be within the 90 UMS boundary? Going by averages from previous papers I would say yes, but I'm not sure how people found this particular exam series.
For question 6 b)I got 16 instead of 8,I think I forgot to cancel the 4 in top and the bottom under the root, and I use 16 in the part c),but all methods are correct, how many marks may I loose?I am quite worried about that...For I need an A* to meet my condition.
for question 8 when you had to find the area, did you need to find the exact area? I used the value of theta and did 1/2absinc to approximate the area.
Original post by Danllo
C1 - 90 UMS
C2 - 96 UMS
C3 - 83-84 UMS
C4 - 98 UMS
S1 - 77-80 UMS

as long as all your UMS scores come to an average above 90 your fine.

Whats so hard about that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending