The Student Room Group

Did you vote LEAVE? Do you now regret this?

The Brexit vote was partly a protest. Many people did not vote for damage to the economy and the prospect of Scotland leaving the UK.

WANTED - names to sign up to a new petition urging fresh negotiations with the EU followed by a second EU referendum. Email apfin2 at gmail dot com if you voted LEAVE but now regret this.

Scroll to see replies

Economy is doing fine now. Temporary turbulence was to be expected given the surprising result.

There won't be another referendum. Hypothetically if there was I would vote to Leave again.
Reply 2
I voted leave, expected the current economic shock and still happy with that decision. The long term future is now in the hands of politicians in Westminster who can be brought to account for their actions and replaced with those we the people want.

If you wish to live in an antidemocratic country then you're free to move to North Korea. The government there will love the way you handle things.
Reply 3
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Economy is doing fine now. Temporary turbulence was to be expected given the surprising result.

Economy has also been boosted by low 10 year bond yields but don't let the actual facts get in the way of their ******** arguments.
Original post by apfin2
The Brexit vote was partly a protest. Many people did not vote for damage to the economy and the prospect of Scotland leaving the UK.

WANTED - names to sign up to a new petition urging fresh negotiations with the EU followed by a second EU referendum. Email apfin2 at gmail dot com if you voted LEAVE but now regret this.

I'm still living.
I voted leave. Happy with my decision. Delighted by the result.
voted leave and ready to take what the bankers throw at us
Reply 7
Original post by illegaltobepoor
voted leave and ready to take what the bankers throw at us

This is only the beginning of the revolution. The people are fighting back.

Reply 8
Original post by Mathemagicien
Please stop calling everything you disagree with 'fascist'. That word is so ridiculously badly used, to the point where people now often use it against communists, its painful

Im calling people who oppose democratic principles fascist, not people who disagree with me. You're fine to disagree with me, but if you are against the democratic process and are calling for another referendum because you didn't get the outcome you want, then you're a fascist.

Oh how its hilarious that people are crying about being called fascist when these same idiots spent their entire time calling everyone else racist.
No. There was a lot of fearmonging, propoganda on the mainstream. So for one go afainst that, they need imdo research to dispell myths and lies to keep a level head and make an informes decision. I dont regret the decision ive made. And i dont think anyone who voted leave, thought the next day they will open the eyes a country with plenty of jobs and strong pound created by the democracy fairy. We all knew there will be turbulence and the big banks ans corporations will try to punish us, to say, "see what happena when you want to leave. And now come over to beg not to leave". We just dont want to be controlled by brussel, so we have the freedom ro rebuild back our country. Simple
Delighted we voted to leave and I am so glad I voted this way.

Also, stop with the petition and being a sore loser, you lost, get over it! :rolleyes:
I voted leave. Wobbles in the economy were expected and those who didn't see it coming must be pretty clueless. Scotland was likely to get another referendum to leave the UK anyway whether the majority vote was leave or remain so there isn't much difference there.

A 2nd EU referendum is just the Remain voters throwing their toys out the pram because they didn't win the majority. You can't just keep voting so your choice will eventually win, that isn't how democracy works. The vote was Leave, now they need to grow up and deal with it.
Original post by Armastan
I voted leave. Wobbles in the economy were expected and those who didn't see it coming must be pretty clueless. Scotland was likely to get another referendum to leave the UK anyway whether the majority vote was leave or remain so there isn't much difference there.

A 2nd EU referendum is just the Remain voters throwing their toys out the pram because they didn't win the majority. You can't just keep voting so your choice will eventually win, that isn't how democracy works. The vote was Leave, now they need to grow up and deal with it.

A Scotland that leaves will lead to a richer England and Wales. I'm all for them leaving to be perfectly honest.
Reply 13
Original post by apfin2
urging fresh negotiations with the EU followed

Been trying that one for years now. The public have clearly signalled they have had enough and are fed up of these negotiations which provide no real meaningful change.
I was really stuck in the middle, but went for leave in the end. No, I do not regret my vote. I expected the pound to fall and some problems will be caused short-term however I think in the long run it will be worth it. I think honestly there are going to be lots of hurdles on the way in the next few years. My biggest concern was this will probably put Boris into number 10.

I understand there are a lot of people who are racist and whatever obviously voted leave However many of us were not who voted leave including myself. However people need to respect democracy and stop moaning about 2nd referendums. Lets worry about getting the country sorted now.
Original post by Reue
Been trying that one for years now. The public have clearly signalled they have had enough and are fed up of these negotiations which provide no real meaningful change.

Juncker and other EU and European leaders have also said that we got the maximum we could and that was frankly very little that could have been struck down in court anyway.
Original post by toronto353
Juncker and other EU and European leaders have also said that we got the maximum we could and that was frankly very little that could have been struck down in court anyway.

Juncker is a pissed up clown and if you watch how he behaves in European Parliament that would be enough to convince any sane person to vote leave. The EU is in bad hands and when Italy and France take big hits in the next several years the entire zone is going to go to ****.
Original post by apfin2

The main worry for me is that Scottish possibility.
Voted leave and the past 2 days have been great, the weather is great, I've done well in recent exams and I don't regret my decision. The pound would drop which was common knowledge for brexit voters (and apparently not remainers) but now its actually higher than before.

People act like we are weak and need help from the EU and that's pretty sad.
You people are clueless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending