The Student Room Group

What can we do to stop Brexit?

We can't allow the old people and pub plebs to ruin everything for the young generation. Is there anything we can do to stop brexit?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No. Stop denying democracy. The vote was leave. Blame the 43% of 18-24 year old's that didn't vote and are now whining about it.
Nope, nothing. You'll just have to suck it up, grow up and accept it. Majority rules and Leave won.
Also, the "old people" didn't ruin the future of the young generation. The young generation did it to themselves as about 45% of 18-24 year olds didn't even vote for their own future and are now putting the blame on the elderly who mainly voted Leave.
Remainers are being petty and throwing their toys out the pram because they didn't win.. This is a democracy. Respect the fact that 1.2 million more people wanted to leave rather than remain.
(edited 7 years ago)
Parliament which is overwhelmingly pro remain.

Having said that....I don't think they will.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
If the youth cared so much more should've voted. Deal with it.
Reply 5
You can do much as Corbyn did to try to win the referendum.....
Reply 6
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The vote was leave so we have to live with that. I'm more concerned at the prospect of Scotland leaving tbh.

The best hope for pro-Europeans now is that we rejoin EFTA to stay in the EEA.

Hopefully this would be enough to keep the Union together.
Reply 8
Nothing much. It's called democracy. Guess you might get a bash again when your 60.
I would like to see a forced election for a new PM and some party to campaign for annulling the referendum if they win. I would literally vote for anyone who promised that. Dreaming is great.
Original post by meenu89
You can do much as Corbyn did to try to win the referendum.....

Steady on, we're only human!
Original post by Noodle0
No. Stop denying democracy. The vote was leave. Blame the 43% of 18-24 year old's that didn't vote and are now whining about it.

How can you call it democracy when you readily admit the vote doesn't reflect the wishes of 43% of young people? A second referendum would almost certainly be more democratic, as more of those people would vote.
We can't do anything. It's over.
Reply 13
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
How can you call it democracy when you readily admit the vote doesn't reflect the wishes of 43% of young people? A second referendum would almost certainly be more democratic, as more of those people would vote.

Because it reflects the majority of people......
Original post by anosmianAcrimony

Says who?

And how is it our fault that they couldn't be arsed to get off the backsides first time round?

It's democratic because everybody had the chance to have their say. If they chose not to its their own fault, nobody else's.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The vote was leave so we have to live with that. I'm more concerned at the prospect of Scotland leaving tbh.

Mate Scotland can go. Bunch of ingrates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Nothing. The will of the masses prevails. That's how democracy works.
I am scratching my head as to how it is undemocratic to not accept the referendum result.

If then I don't accept the parliamentary vote to implement the result then that's antidemocratic.
Move to Scotland, who will more than likely vote to leave the UK then join the EU.

Thats my plan now anyway.
Original post by zigglr
We can't allow the old people and pub plebs to ruin everything for the young generation. Is there anything we can do to stop brexit?

I have no idea. Trying to convince some of the young generation by talking? by telling what self-determination and independence in times of globalization means and what is required that it comes not to a desaster?

Or maybe try to convince by good arguments: As long as Britain is in EU parliament, Britain has the chance - as the other countries too - to change the EU for better. As long as Britain is in EU parliament, Britain has the chance to help shape that EU grants more independence and more self-determination to EU-countries. If Britain is out of EU, Britain has this chance not anylonger.

Even if just a few young people understand that, it is better than nothing.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending