The Student Room Group

McDonald's nose piercing

I have an on job evaluation. I have e fresh nose piercing that I can't remove. Anyone who works at McDonald's know what they'll say about this?

Scroll to see replies

Our jewellery policy does not permit any visible jewellery other than a plain wedding band.

If you have an actual ring, then no. A stud, then it depends whether they regard it as jewellry. Did they give you the evaluation without seeing you or before the piercing? Dont be surprised if they say no.
Lol just put a round plaster over it. When it's healed up a bit get a small nose stud.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Our jewellery policy does not permit any visible jewellery other than a plain wedding band.

If you have an actual ring, then no. A stud, then it depends whether they regard it as jewellry. Did they give you the evaluation without seeing you or before the piercing? Dont be surprised if they say no.

It's a stud. Tbh idc if I don't get the job at this point. I'm not removing it or changing it as it hasn't fully healed I don't want it to get infected.
If its a stud, then some McF's are franchises, so they might have a bit more discretion. If you dont care whether you get it, then why bother going for it?
Reply 5
If its a stud, then some McF's are franchises, so they might have a bit more discretion. If you dont care whether you get it, then why bother going for it?

Might as well. But I won't be gutted if I don't. If that's any of your business lol. Thankd
Original post by em211997
Might as well. But I won't be gutted if I don't. If that's any of your business lol. Thankd

Ok it just seemed illogical-- sorry for looking it up for you.
Reply 7
Ok it just seemed illogical-- sorry for looking it up for you.

It's my choice at the end of the day. I wanted people who currently work there to reply
Reply 8
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Lol just put a round plaster over it. When it's healed up a bit get a small nose stud.

Surely the plaster would be more likely to fall off. It's a screw piercing so it won't fall out. Do u work in McDonald's
Reply 9
If you want to work in food / catering industry, particularly big company, visible unremovable jewellery is a barrier. Jobs come with constraints.
You can remove it. Just believe
Reply 11
Anyone who actually works there? They also say no tattoos but I've seen people with them also
I have an on job evaluation. I have e fresh nose piercing that I can't remove. Anyone who works at McDonald's know what they'll say about this?

I work at McDonald's, and have done for over 8 years.
Basically you can't have any jewellery, apart from a plain wedding ring. Basically they won't let you work with it in. At all.

Franchises can actually be stricter. The franchisee who owns mine owns 13 restaurants in the midlands. She is mega strict, especially with things like that.
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh

No, just no.

They won't allow you to do the OJE with it. And you will have to take it out if you want to work there.

No McDonalds will let her work with a facial piercing,
Original post by lolakirk

I must have read the McDonalds rulebook wrong, then. I did point out there may be some discretion and turning a blind eye if it is a franchise.
If it's the Camden Mcdonalds you'll get a way with it. :tongue:

On a serious note just put one of those small skin colour round plasters on it.
Reply 19
They won't allow you to do the OJE with it. And you will have to take it out if you want to work there.

My friend who works there said it will be fine. They'll get me to wear a blue plaster over it.

Quick Reply