The Student Room Group

As usual, Britain is ahead of history?

The FTSE fell, German and French exchanges fell harder.

The pound fell, the euro fell too.

International investors already prefer Britain to the spite of economists.

We voted out, and soon several countries in the EU will follow, and soon enough it will become much more federalised.

Despite the loud angry yapping of the short-tempered Italians, Merkel and German industries will continue trading with the UK, and will not support an independant Scotland and/or Northern Ireland.

Cameron did the honourable act and resigned, Boris Johnson will be prime minister and he will steer the country clear of secondary, tertiary, quartenary etc. referendums and towards sorting out our trade policies.

Donald Trump will be elected because his image was boosted by Brexit and there will be a renewal of hope for the American right wing, and he will help Britain make a splendid deal with the USA, and the rest of the world will realise they should hurry up with it too.

I have 100% clear cool confidence in Britain. I am in fact buying the pound because I know for a fact it will grow.

I know this, and I am confident in this, because Britain always leads the future, from the magna carta to the industrial revolution, to the great redemption of the West you are witnessing right now.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Of course!!

Spoiler

Original post by LibertyMan
The FTSE fell, German and French exchanges fell harder.

The pound fell, the euro fell too.

International investors already prefer Britain to the spite of economists.

We voted out, and soon several countries in the EU will follow, and soon enough it will become much more federalised.

Despite the loud angry yapping of the short-tempered Italians, Merkel and German industries will continue trading with the UK, and will not support an independant Scotland and/or Northern Ireland.

Cameron did the honourable act and resigned, Boris Johnson will be prime minister and he will steer the country clear of secondary, tertiary, quartenary etc. referendums and towards sorting out our trade policies.

Donald Trump will be elected because his image was boosted by Brexit and there will be a renewal of hope for the American right wing, and he will help Britain make a splendid deal with the USA, and the rest of the world will realise they should hurry up with it too.

A majority of Jews voted for Brexit, and they sense the future, better than any economist out there.

I have 100% clear cool confidence in Britain. I am in fact buying the pound because I know for a fact it will grow.

I know this, and I am confident in this, because Britain always leads the future, from the magna carta to the industrial revolution, to the great redemption of the West you are witnessing right now.

A bizarre antisemitic statement.
(edited 7 years ago)
"Boris Johnson will be prime minister"

I really hope not.

"and soon several countries in the EU will follow"

And why do you think that..?
Reply 4
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
You're a twit. An bizarrely antisemitic twit.

I'm not anti-semitic, it's an old joke that Jews know how to make the best decisions for themselves.
Reply 5
Original post by 34908seikj

"and soon several countries in the EU will follow"

And why do you think that..?

Euroskepticism is everywhere. Nobody wants the immigration, nobody wants to be dictated by Germany, and as Britain's contribution disappears bailouts will take greater and greater tolls on the members. Every Western European country has an anti-EU party tailing behind the government and planning a referendum.
Euroskepticism is everywhere. Nobody wants the immigration, nobody wants to be dictated by Germany, and as Britain's contribution disappears bailouts will take greater and greater tolls on the members. Every Western European country has an anti-EU party tailing behind the government and planning a referendum.

Want to site a source for that? That sounds like straight up fear mongering. There has been no talk of referendums from other EU countries, or at least ones that can be taken seriously...
Ahead of history? I see people terrified, I see companies investigated moving and massive job cuts, I hear of the rise of casual xenophobia. I see Scotland disgruntled about the results and I get them for the first time. Scotland sees Britain as a anchor dragging them time and again into choices they vehemently oppose. 2016 Britain has taken a step towards hatred and xenophobia so no it hasn't taken a step to the future. It has taken a step backwards into ignorance.
Reply 8
Original post by 34908seikj
Want to site a source for that? That sounds like straight up fear mongering. There has been no talk of referendums from other EU countries, or at least ones that can be taken seriously...

Spain, Holland, Germany and France all have politicians asking for referenda. A recent Dutch newspaper survey put the public support for such a referenda at 88%.

At a guess I'd say at least some of those countries were to be "taken seriously"...
(edited 7 years ago)

Could you tell me what next week's lottery numbers are too?
Yep the UK is always a head of the curve, we have a tiny minority of the population who are great thinkers. I have always supported brexit, i have posted threads upon threads before it was "cool". Well done to those who voted out and those that voted remain will eventually see how much of a genius move it was.

London btw will be a net loser, no doubt.
Original post by elitepower
Ahead of history? I see people terrified, I see companies investigated moving and massive job cuts, I hear of the rise of casual xenophobia. I see Scotland disgruntled about the results and I get them for the first time. Scotland sees Britain as a anchor dragging them time and again into choices they vehemently oppose. 2016 Britain has taken a step towards hatred and xenophobia so no it hasn't taken a step to the future. It has taken a step backwards into ignorance.

Uncertainty will always cause the effects you state. But rest assured, Britain will emerge superior to eveyone else. Partly because now we are actually a democratic state, and democracies are far more stable, peaceful and open to trade than dictatorships.

As for the rise of "xenophobia", and your claims about "progress", they are completely irrelevant here. Sure, the event may have fuelled nationalist sentiment. But after all, we just took back control, and because we face uncertainty people are naturally reacting by being more supportive of their country and willing to guide it to prosperity. Again, a short term effect at best.
The Jewish comment was just weird, did you round them up and interrogate them?
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
The Jewish comment was just weird, did you round them up and interrogate them?

There's stats on this.
There's stats on this.

Even if there are, what are you trying to say?

He's following a, positive, stereotype that Jews know well when it comes to the economy. They did control a lot of the economic markets for Europeans for years and years, so I wouldn't expect it to be wrong.
Original post by oShahpo
He's following a, positive, stereotype that Jews know well when it comes to the economy. They did control a lot of the economic markets for Europeans for years and years, so I wouldn't expect it to be wrong.

Not sure if you're an antisemite or if OP is just a bit odd :confused:

I am a pro-semite if anything, but no it's just a stereotype that Jews are good with money. Don't know if OP was joking or not but it's just a stereotype that is not even negative.
May we please take a moment to pray for this poor OP and hope his brain recovers. Amen.

Original post by oShahpo

Okay, let me clear it up, but this is my final post on this topic.

I'm a Russian/Ukrainian Jew (you would call me a Jew, but by technical Jewish law I am not, as other, real Jews may point out) so I am not anti-semitic.

Where I am from there is a joke/stereotype that Jews make good economic decisions because of intelligence, trading skill and just general luck.

Our history is full of turmoil, which is why the joke exists. "Ivan, pack your bags, we are moving." "Why?" "Because the Jews are ". etc.

Case closed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending