The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tridianprime
Okay, I guess we'll see.

Youll be fine as long as you registered successfully. I did the same thing last year and emailed them, they said its all fine if it was successful.
@Insight314 @physicsmaths @Zacken
What are u guys doing for the next few days until after tuesdays exam? I would try and do mainly past papers but there seems like very few of them for fp3 and phys so ive been filling the gaps with random maths stuff which isnt relevant. Anything else I could be doing?
Reply 2422
Original post by EnglishMuon
What are u guys doing for the next few days until after tuesdays exam? I would try and do mainly past papers but there seems like very few of them for fp3 and phys so ive been filling the gaps with random maths stuff which isnt relevant. Anything else I could be doing?

Oh wow, we're in very different positions. I have about 15 past papers to do between today and Tuesday because I've done absolutely nothing. :rofl:

Im learning D2 and doing physics since ive got loads to do lol. Thats all tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken
Oh wow, we're in very different positions. I have about 15 past papers to do between today and Tuesday because I've done absolutely nothing. :rofl:

Original post by physicsmaths
Im learning D2 and doing physics since ive got loads to do lol. Thats all tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah ok, I guess either Im not aware of my lack of work or am lucky :wink: Ill just try and keep things up until then. thanks.

Lol, I have so many past papers to do. Are you not on OCR for Physics?
Original post by Zacken

Yeah, same. I've done only 1,2 past papers for FP3 but it is pretty chill. Gotta do more Physics past papers though, aiming for that A* like physicsmaths.
Original post by Insight314
Lol, I have so many past papers to do. Are you not on OCR for Physics?

nah im on AQA (those scrubs)
nah im on AQA (those scrubs)

Oh, that's why you don't have that many past papers then. Or have you done most of them already? I am on OCR (old spec that is being scrapped this year) so I've got all the past papers from 2009 to 2015 to be doing for the next days. :biggrin:
Oh, that's why you don't have that many past papers then. Or have you done most of them already? I am on OCR (old spec that is being scrapped this year) so I've got all the past papers from 2009 to 2015 to be doing for the next days. :biggrin:

ah maybe. I think the papers cover the same years but I did most of them last year when I was fed up with ASs, before i know i knew like no maths :biggrin:
Now that's STEPs over does this thread become math memes now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2431
Original post by drandy76
Now that's STEPs over does this thread become math memes now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Implying it wasn't already?
Original post by Zacken

Meant to say full time maths memes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken

math = dank memes
math = dank memes

The difficulty of the maths is directly proportional to the square of the dankness of the meme

Posted from TSR Mobile

But on the note of physics actually, if I want to find the relativistic kinetic energy of of a particle of rest mass m0, whats wrong with calculating E=1/2m(1v2c2)1/2v2 E= 1/2 m (1- \dfrac{v^{2}}{c^{2}})^{-1/2} v^{2} ?
But on the note of physics actually, if I want to find the relativistic kinetic energy of of a particle of rest mass m0, whats wrong with calculating E=1/2m(1v2c2)1/2v2 E= 1/2 m (1- \dfrac{v^{2}}{c^{2}})^{-1/2} v^{2} ?

I don't think they would ask you about 'relativistic' kinetic energy m8.

Or are you taking the special relativity option choice on the AQA Physics syllabus? You need that then.
Original post by Mathemagicien
No, on to Tripos Preparation probably

Don't you have exams next week?
I don't think they would ask you about 'relativistic' kinetic energy m8.

Or are you taking the special relativity option choice on the AQA Physics syllabus? You need that then.

yea its on the aqa syllabus :tongue:
Original post by Mathemagicien
No, on to Tripos Preparation probably

I think we're making a summer maths thread, but I've got 1 last exam so I'm in maths purgatory atm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending