The Student Room Group

mocks this week!!

Hi Guys,

This week I have my year 10 mocks and i'm stressing! I understand that they don't **** anyone but i still want to do well as it will re-assure me that i know all the content. I take three sciences plus all the other core subjects, German, geography, history and religious studies . I just need some advice on last minute revising and staying motivated through this week. They start Thursday then i have 2 exams a day till the following Wednesday.

I will be grateful for all tips and advice.

thanks Nansi:smile:
Original post by Nansi
Hi Guys,

This week I have my year 10 mocks and i'm stressing! I understand that they don't **** anyone but i still want to do well as it will re-assure me that i know all the content. I take three sciences plus all the other core subjects, German, geography, history and religious studies . I just need some advice on last minute revising and staying motivated through this week. They start Thursday then i have 2 exams a day till the following Wednesday.

I will be grateful for all tips and advice.

thanks Nansi:smile:

Revise, revise, revise. At this stage it's worth doing past papers and hoping that stuff has gone in throughout the year. Find past papers from exam board websites, do them under mock conditions and learn things from mistake.

Also, look at your mock timetable and decide on a sensible order to revise things. Eg the very first mock topic should be revised last, then you have to judge whether you have enough space between exams to leave revision for now (until that space), or whether you have to revise some exams now because there isn't enough time between exams to prepare for a particular one.

As you said though, the real thing is more important, so in the future give yourself some more time, work tiny bits throughout the year and you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest