The Student Room Group

English Independence

Poll

English Independence?

Imagine it, England and Wales went it alone.
Ireland would finally be united.
The cucks in Scotland would finally be happy.
We’d be able to make more decisions for ourselves without pandering to the needs of the SNP.
We’d be better off economically, in or out of the European Union.
Discuss

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by frankielogue
We’d be able to make more decisions for ourselves without pandering to the needs of the SNP.
Discuss

Sweet dreams, aren't they? Well, they're only dreams. The truth is that we'll be just another dying, lonely, ageing and isolated island waiting for the grim reaper.
Original post by oShahpo
Sweet dreams, aren't they? Well, they're only dreams. The truth is that we'll be just another dying, lonely, ageing and isolated island waiting for the grim reaper.

We’re not one now, cutting off the most leeching part of the UK, Scotland, would make us better off.
Reply 3
No.
Original post by Jenx301
No.

reasons?
Reply 5
reasons?

Do you seriously believe we would be better off as England on it's own out of both the UK, out of the EU......
No, I don't want to give the IRA the satisfaction of breaking the union.
Original post by TercioOfParma
No, I don't want to give the IRA the satisfaction of breaking the union.

the one that was unrightfully formed in the first place. the IRA ceased their main activities years ago
Original post by Jenx301
Do you seriously believe we would be better off as England on it's own out of both the UK, out of the EU......

potentially not out of the eu as an independent nation, that would be up to the people. i’m not saying i’m wholly in favour of it, i’m in favour of devolution and then we can see what to do from there
No
the one that was unrightfully formed in the first place. the IRA ceased their main activities years ago

Irish nationalist detected
Discuss

Some valid points
Discuss

No, UK should remain just reshaped.
Discuss

Yeah we'd be a forgotten backwater, tiny England all on its own. The US wouldn't even want to deal with us.
I dont want to lose Scotland
Reply 15

I'm not sure there is a lot of pandering to the SNP. What decisions have we made differently as a result of pressure from the third party in the UK Parliament?

Does this isolationist English fantasy involve having nowhere to store your nuclear weapons, out of curiosity?

Unrightfully formed? Who the hell by? The Irish and British parliaments in 1800, or are you talking about Henry II in the 12th century?
Original post by L i b
I'm not sure there is a lot of pandering to the SNP. What decisions have we made differently as a result of pressure from the third party in the UK Parliament?

Does this isolationist English fantasy involve having nowhere to store your nuclear weapons, out of curiosity?

Unrightfully formed? Who the hell by? The Irish and British parliaments in 1800, or are you talking about Henry II in the 12th century?

it’s just a thought - if it were to happen we’d most likely destroy the weapons. and i mean by constant british occupation of ireland
Original post by ODES_PDES
Some valid points

my thoughts exactly
Original post by TercioOfParma
Irish nationalist detected

a mild one

Talking *******s. You obviously don't live in Ireland.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Talking *******s. You obviously don't live in Ireland.

used to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending