The Student Room Group

BSc Computer Science??

So, this may seem silly but do I require knowledge on coding and what not for university as all uni's only seem to have mathematics as a requirement. Does that mean I'll learn the basics of everything I need to know at uni anyways?
Yes; courses are taught with the assumption that students have no prior knowledge of programming.

I would strongly recommend starting to learn to program before University though as programming is one of those things that some people just get instantly and others take some time to get used to.
Reply 2
Oh ok great, I also wanted to ask if you could just summarise what you talked about in your personal statement when applying??
Original post by ineeed4As
Oh ok great, I also wanted to ask if you could just summarise what you talked about in your personal statement when applying??

1) I talked about maths related things I had done/achieved and plan on doing in the future to show that I have a strong maths background and would enjoy the maths at the next level.

2) I talked about relevant work experience, achievements and activities (This is where I talked about other skills I have that would make me a good student).

3) I talked about why I wanted to study computer science and what may favourite area of computer science and why.

To be honest I don't think much weight is put on your personal statement. As long as you sound like you genuinely want to study computer science and show that you have some idea of what it entails and like maths then it doesn't have to be a 10/10 award winning piece of writing.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending