The Student Room Group

How to meet new people (London)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Drewski
You think people from TSR have never met up?

There have been at least 3 TSR weddings...

I remember reading threads with plans to meet up some which followed through but that was back in 2013! Honestly though id be up for it if loads of other people were. It would feel a bit weird since it's the internet but what better way to find people with similar interests/views, after all you can't go around polling random people on the street on their lifestyle :lol:

I imagine its no different to other meet up groups on the web

Isn't TSR full of 15-17 year olds? I'm more early twenties
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tootles44
I remember reading threads with plans to meet up some which followed through but that was back in 2013! Honestly though id be up for it if loads of other people were. It would feel a bit weird since it's the internet but what better way to find people with similar interests/views, after all you can't go around polling random people on the street on their lifestyle :lol:

I imagine its no different to other meet up groups on the web

Isn't TSR full of 15-17 year olds? I'm more early twenties

If you're trying to meet up with new people without the internet you might find it hard work...

Seriously, get the meet up app. It doesn't cost anything and there's no obligation.

And no, plenty of people here through all ages.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
If you're trying to meet up with new people without the internet you might find hard work...

Seriously, get the meet up app. It doesn't cost anything and there's no obligation.

And no, plenty of people here through all ages.

tell OP I'm "early 20's" too :biggrin: (don't think she can see this directly). Jokes aside, as long as OP has the desire and knows where to meet new people, she'll get new friends easily :smile:
TSR 'VoteLeave meet up' :lol:

How would you do that tho, it's a bit random isn't it, like 'hey TSRians who wants to randomly meet up with other TSRians?' :lol: I mean id be up for it if there were a good number of people willing!

what if no one turns up :K:

PM someone and say 'ayyy gurl, wanna meet up?' And repeat to lots of people.
@tootles44 Thats the problem I have too. I moved houses and dont have any friends. You wanna be friends with me :smile: ?
Reply 25
Original post by physicsphysics91
PM someone and say 'ayyy gurl, wanna meet up?' And repeat to lots of people.

I'm a girl :lol:

Someone actually pm'd me and asked for my snapchat as soon as I made this thread
Reply 26

Someone actually pm'd me and asked for my snapchat as soon as I made this thread

You mentioned you needed someone to make love with?
I've been feeling a bit bored and lonely this summer since all my friends are either working or away on holiday so I can't ask them to hang out (quite frankly I think I've outgrown them since I've realised we dont have many common interest). I'm open to sports or even volunteering related stuff.

Any good suggestions on ways to meet new people in their 20s who are like minded/share interests and broaden my social circle (and even potential love interests, cringe writing that down)? Anyone have experience of this?

Make friends at your park,sports centre,gym

Or maybe say hi to people on public transport or the club idek
Original post by SuperHuman98
Make friends at your park,sports centre,gym

Or maybe say hi to people on public transport or the club idek

Never public transport. Club, depends on what type of club. OP is a sporty gym freak so it's obvious where she should be looking :biggrin:
Original post by shawn_o1
Never public transport. Club, depends on what type of club. OP is a sporty gym freak so it's obvious where she should be looking :biggrin:

Well you can meet new people on public transport, and easier if you and someone take the same bus every morning

Well TSR is full of losers looool
Reply 31
Original post by physicsphysics91
Well TSR is full of losers looool

lool whose idea was it to meet with them :K:

My bad, I'd thought it would be funny. I've only ever met one person on TSR and they were lovely!
Tinder.
Original post by stefano865
Tinder.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by saraxh

Spoiler

Some people have apparently made friends on Tinder. :dontknow:

set me your digits girl. I can keep it a secret. i am an average 5'9 kind of muscle guy with blonde hair and decent facial hair. We can probably get along just fine.
Reply 37
Original post by Anonymous
set me your digits girl. I can keep it a secret. i am an average 5'9 kind of muscle guy with blonde hair and decent facial hair. We can probably get along just fine.

fuk off

Original post by stefano865
Some people have apparently made friends on Tinder.

err i dont think you should take them at their word :lol:
fuk off

err i dont think you should take them at their word :lol:

Perhaps this will tickle your tootle...:teehee:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relationships/11599989/The-matchmaking-app-for-people-who-want-to-make-friends-not-love.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending