The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I relate to this, just thought I'd say sometimes I find it helps just to take five or ten minutes out and do something you enjoy doing. I find revising for me breeds anxiety particularly if I haven't taken enuogh breaks. Hope you feel less anxious soon :smile:
Anon 23

Thanks for the advice :hugs:
I took a bit of break and it went away but it soon returned! :colonhash: I'm playing catch with this :frown:
Original post by Anxious Anon
Thanks for the advice :hugs:I took a bit of break and it went away but it soon returned! :colonhash: I'm playing catch with this :frown:

Something that I came across on Instagram that may be hard to do but sometimes does really help is to pretend your anxiety is your 'panicky friend' and to try and calm it down. Sort of like talking back to your anxious voice.. Good luck! (Both with your anxiety & revision)
(edited 7 years ago)
Hate myself.
Im so ugly and disgusting and horrible, no wonder ppl don't bother with me. I wouldn't either :/

~Anon 1 :/
Original post by TinyMockingbird
Something that I came across on Instagram that may be hard to do but sometimes does really help is to pretend your anxiety is your 'panicky friend' and to try and calm it down. Sort of like talking back to your anxious voice.. Good luck! (Both with your anxiety & revision)

Thank you :hugs: good luck with your studies too if you're a student (I'm bad with keeping track of who's who sorry XD)

Posted from TSR Mobile
How badly does working night shifts affect your mental health? I feel lonely being home for the summer but I want to earn money to visit my boyfriend and save for next year at uni.

What TV shows are addictive and make you happy? I'm often sad and I need to distract myself.

Thank you. :smile:
How badly does working night shifts affect your mental health? I feel lonely being home for the summer but I want to earn money to visit my boyfriend and save for next year at uni.

What TV shows are addictive and make you happy? I'm often sad and I need to distract myself.

Thank you. :smile:

Night shits can be bad. My mum works nights and its messed up her sleep, she often feels lonely and can go days without seeing or hardly talking to people and hates going to work when people are going to bed. But it pays well

Posted from TSR Mobile
:ninja:
I usually feel like I can’t have an eating disorder because I don’t count calories - I just don’t eat certain groups of food.. and then I lose control and binge on the foods I don’t let myself have.
Had a good time over at my mum's for my bday. Was a good laugh and I was pretty much panic free but took panics on the way over on the bus and then on the way home in the taxi. Been back home for an hour now and I can't stop taking panics and having high anxiety for some reason. I've been here before and I know its just a setback but its just draining me :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hate myself.
Im so ugly and disgusting and horrible, no wonder ppl don't bother with me. I wouldn't either :/

I feel the same way too :redface:

:hugs:

tat x
Hate myself.

Would you not bother with someone who's ugly?
I'm so lonely. Summer holidays are coming up. I'm not looking forward whatsoever. I'm already feeling lonely with people at school and my therapist around. I'm gonna see none of them in the summer and won't see most of them ever again. How am I going to survive this? :getmecoat:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
:ninja:

Love you.
I feel the same way too :redface:

tat x

Original post by Sabertooth
Would you not bother with someone who's ugly?

Well it makes no difference to me personally but I feel like if i wasn't ugly I would have more friends because people wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with me and I wouldnt feel so inferior and by extension kind of clingy.
Besides from an online point of view the few people that have seen me on here or anywhere have stopped talking to me afterwards so I assume that is a link lol
either that or they think they have like 'completed' the level of getting to know someone idk tbh :s-smilie:

~Anon 1

Well it makes no difference to me personally but I feel like if i wasn't ugly I would have more friends because people wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with me and I wouldnt feel so inferior and by extension kind of clingy.
Besides from an online point of view the few people that have seen me on here or anywhere have stopped talking to me afterwards so I assume that is a link lol
either that or they think they have like 'completed' the level of getting to know someone idk tbh :s-smilie:

~Anon 1

If it makes no difference to you, it seems a little odd that you think it matters so much to other people.

There are loads of reasons that people might have stopped speaking to you. I know I have 8 people on my skype that I "met" on here and haven't spoken to in months - it's far more due to my not having that much in common with them rather than what they look like; in fact it's entirely due to not knowing what to say rather than me thinking they're attractive/unattractive. I think it's way more likely to be that than what you look like.

Not saying you're not interesting to talk to btw, but you know, you can't get on with everyone in the world. Keep reaching out and people will respond eventually.

~Anon 1

As Sabertooth says, I don't think people stop talking to you because they've seen you. I have a few people I met on TSR on Facebook, and some of them stopped talking to me and I stopped talking to some of them. I stopped talking to them because there wasn't much to say anymore. Appearance played absolutely zero part. We just didn't have much in common. I think you've got a point in saying that seeing someone from online is a sort of an end point. There's sort of that "uh so now what?" feeling. I still speak to one them occasionally but that's only because we have a lot in common like doing same exam boards for 3 of our subjects etc. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
If it makes no difference to you, it seems a little odd that you think it matters so much to other people.

There are loads of reasons that people might have stopped speaking to you. I know I have 8 people on my skype that I "met" on here and haven't spoken to in months - it's far more due to my not having that much in common with them rather than what they look like; in fact it's entirely due to not knowing what to say rather than me thinking they're attractive/unattractive. I think it's way more likely to be that than what you look like.

Not saying you're not interesting to talk to btw, but you know, you can't get on with everyone in the world. Keep reaching out and people will respond eventually.

Yeh I suppose that is true but then again I have such irrational thoughts, also because my appearance matters a lot to me in terms of im ashamed of it/insecurity I assume other people notice it a lot too :redface:
Yeh I guess so, I suppose that could be the case because by the time I am ready to show someone then we would have been talking for months because im so paranoid and unconfident so i suppose people might have just gotten bored idk :/ i just get paranoid about things and assume i have done something wrong, plus all my friendships inrl have failed pretty much and loads of ppl dont bother with me anymore inrl hence why it bothers me cos it is like a parallel of inrl.
Idk i think once i get more confident then the logic and common sense of what you say will hit me more :smile:

~Anon 1
I know its easy to get doors mixed up in a block of flats but that's 4 times in the last 2 days folk have came to my door thinking its someone else's door and one today even tried the door handle, good thing it was locked as usual.

I know people make mistakes and all that jazz but I don't live in a good area and paranoid and anxious enough about people out to harm me so people coming to my door and especially when they try and open it, really trigger me - regardless if it's just an innocent accident :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
I know its easy to get doors mixed up in a block of flats but that's 4 times in the last 2 days folk have came to my door thinking its someone else's door and one today even tried the door handle, good thing it was locked as usual.

I know people make mistakes and all that jazz but I don't live in a good area and paranoid and anxious enough about people out to harm me so people coming to my door and especially when they try and open it, really trigger me - regardless if it's just an innocent accident :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, that's not pleasant :frown: just try to remember that it is innocent, and ignore it as much as you can. As you said, the door is usually locked, so no one can just walk in :hugs:

Latest