The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blue sky1122
i just made my point what is ur problem?

I have no reason to trust you.

You lied before when you said it wouldn't be that bad.

The Pound has had it's biggest fall since 1985. Billions wiped off the markets.Firms getting ready to move out.
Original post by DorianGrayism
I have no reason to trust you.

You lied before when you said it wouldn't be that bad.

The Pound has had it's biggest fall since 1985. Billions wiped off the markets.Firms getting ready to move out.

as i said give Britain a chance to fix up stop worrying too much
Original post by blue sky1122
as i said give Britain a chance to fix up stop worrying too much

Well, Brexit liars would say that.

Luckily, I didn't listen to the liars and took my money out of sterling before.
ITT: People who don't understand stock markets, exchange rates, or what constitutes a recession.
Original post by alimc
Why should Scotland and Ireland do what England wants.

Ireland can do what they want, Ireland is a different country, what a silly comment.
Original post by FNPC
I genuinely see no problem with Scotland leaving

Same we are not much of a UNITED kingdom if the scots always get their own way and threaten to leave if they don't.
Original post by WhisperingTide
"Screw the consequences!" is not logic, it's retarded.

'Sovereignty' is meaningless, a country is an arbitrary defined set of lines on a map, to put that above actual, practical benefits for people not only flies in the face of all human progress but is borderline lunacy.

I mean, yeah but apparently 52% don't care about logic so why should I?
Reply 387
Oh, another lie of the Remain campaign dismissed:

French border deal won't be affected by Brexit, says Paris

:biggrin:
Why the older genaration voted to leave.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoGMonpBC5E
https://twitter.com/jamzldn/status/746482634532978688 he voted leave to stop Muslim immigration from Africa& ME... #Brexiters
Original post by teenhorrorstory
https://twitter.com/jamzldn/status/746482634532978688 he voted leave to stop Muslim immigration from Africa& ME... #Brexiters

*Half the tweets from mellenials* they can't accept democratic outcomes they don't like...#remainers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by teenhorrorstory

I wanted Leave because I am sick of the Tyranny of unelected Brussels Bureaucrats. I am also sick of the Tyranny of most the UK's MPs
Original post by ManThatCan
I wanted Leave because I am sick of the Tyranny of unelected Brussels Bureaucrats. I am also sick of the Tyranny of most the UK's MPs

Ok!
Original post by Jammy Duel
*Half the tweets from mellenials* they can't accept democratic outcomes they don't like...#remainers

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's okay I've accepted it. Just find it hilarious/shocking/saddening when I see just how much some people's racist, bigoted and xenophobic attitudes made them vote leave. It's even worst when it's based completely on falsehood and lack of understanding/simple knowledge. The man in the video openly said he voted leave simply to stop immigration of Muslims from Africa,Iraq, and Syria, but had no problems with the migration of Europeans into the UK.... I sincerely hope he is the worst of the bunch,along with those who claim immigrants are responsible for their joblessness when they themselves can barely put a CV together.
While the leave campaign itself is not racist or xenophobic, you only need to look at the sort of people who flocked to vote leave. This country is full of idiots.
I read this in a guardian comment, thought it was worth sharing:

If Boris Johnson looked downbeat yesterday, that is because he realises that he has lost.
Perhaps many Brexiters do not realise it yet, but they have actually lost, and it is all down to one man: David Cameron.
With one fell swoop yesterday at 9:15 am, Cameron effectively annulled the referendum result, and simultaneously destroyed the political careers of Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and leading Brexiters who cost him so much anguish, not to mention his premiership.
How?
Throughout the campaign, Cameron had repeatedly said that a vote for leave would lead to triggering Article 50 straight away. Whether implicitly or explicitly, the image was clear: he would be giving that notice under Article 50 the morning after a vote to leave. Whether that was scaremongering or not is a bit moot now but, in the midst of the sentimental nautical references of his speech yesterday, he quietly abandoned that position and handed the responsibility over to his successor.
And as the day wore on, the enormity of that step started to sink in: the markets, Sterling, Scotland, the Irish border, the Gibraltar border, the frontier at Calais, the need to continue compliance with all EU regulations for a free market, re-issuing passports, Brits abroad, EU citizens in Britain, the mountain of legistlation to be torn up and rewritten ... the list grew and grew.
The referendum result is not binding. It is advisory. Parliament is not bound to commit itself in that same direction.
The Conservative party election that Cameron triggered will now have one question looming over it: will you, if elected as party leader, trigger the notice under Article 50?
Who will want to have the responsibility of all those ramifications and consequences on his/her head and shoulders?
Boris Johnson knew this yesterday, when he emerged subdued from his home and was even more subdued at the press conference. He has been out-maneouvered and check-mated.
If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over - Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession ... broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this. When he acts like the dumb blond it is just that: an act.
The Brexit leaders now have a result that they cannot use. For them, leadership of the Tory party has become a poison chalice.
When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was "never". When Michael Gove went on and on about "informal negotiations" ... why? why not the formal ones straight away? ... he also meant not triggering the formal departure. They both know what a formal demarche would mean: an irreversible step that neither of them is prepared to take.
All that remains is for someone to have the guts to stand up and say that Brexit is unachievable in reality without an enormous amount of pain and destruction, that cannot be borne. And David Cameron has put the onus of making that statement on the heads of the people who led the Brexit campaign.
Reply 395
Original post by The_Opinion
They had one 2 years ago that was billed as "once in a generation", so its a different situation.

It took decades to get another referendum, 40 years or so. I have no objection about giving them another referendum, just not so soon. If I was Scottish, I would actually vote leave, even though it makes no financial sense. It is just not right to have another referendum 2, 3, 4 or 5 years after they one.

Actually there is no precedent for this. Seeing as the political situation has changed tremendously (and seeing as some Scots voted for Union believing we'd stay in the EU), I think Scotland has every right to a Union referendum. If there is a will for change, there will be a referendum.
Holeee fooo

Original post by JK96
Actually there is no precedent for this. Seeing as the political situation has changed tremendously (and seeing as some Scots voted for Union believing we'd stay in the EU), I think Scotland has every right to a Union referendum. If there is a will for change, there will be a referendum.

In which case it should have to happen after Brexit has actually occurred, and the Scots know what our exact situation is, it makes no sense at all to want to leave, yet not know what they are actually leaving.
Original post by Naomi265
I read this in a guardian comment, thought it was worth sharing:

If Boris Johnson looked downbeat yesterday, that is because he realises that he has lost.
Perhaps many Brexiters do not realise it yet, but they have actually lost, and it is all down to one man: David Cameron.
With one fell swoop yesterday at 9:15 am, Cameron effectively annulled the referendum result, and simultaneously destroyed the political careers of Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and leading Brexiters who cost him so much anguish, not to mention his premiership.
How?
Throughout the campaign, Cameron had repeatedly said that a vote for leave would lead to triggering Article 50 straight away. Whether implicitly or explicitly, the image was clear: he would be giving that notice under Article 50 the morning after a vote to leave. Whether that was scaremongering or not is a bit moot now but, in the midst of the sentimental nautical references of his speech yesterday, he quietly abandoned that position and handed the responsibility over to his successor.
And as the day wore on, the enormity of that step started to sink in: the markets, Sterling, Scotland, the Irish border, the Gibraltar border, the frontier at Calais, the need to continue compliance with all EU regulations for a free market, re-issuing passports, Brits abroad, EU citizens in Britain, the mountain of legistlation to be torn up and rewritten ... the list grew and grew.
The referendum result is not binding. It is advisory. Parliament is not bound to commit itself in that same direction.
The Conservative party election that Cameron triggered will now have one question looming over it: will you, if elected as party leader, trigger the notice under Article 50?
Who will want to have the responsibility of all those ramifications and consequences on his/her head and shoulders?
Boris Johnson knew this yesterday, when he emerged subdued from his home and was even more subdued at the press conference. He has been out-maneouvered and check-mated.
If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over - Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession ... broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this. When he acts like the dumb blond it is just that: an act.
The Brexit leaders now have a result that they cannot use. For them, leadership of the Tory party has become a poison chalice.
When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was "never". When Michael Gove went on and on about "informal negotiations" ... why? why not the formal ones straight away? ... he also meant not triggering the formal departure. They both know what a formal demarche would mean: an irreversible step that neither of them is prepared to take.
All that remains is for someone to have the guts to stand up and say that Brexit is unachievable in reality without an enormous amount of pain and destruction, that cannot be borne. And David Cameron has put the onus of making that statement on the heads of the people who led the Brexit campaign.

Interesting read
Original post by DorianGrayism
Not really.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4175134&page=3&p=65932254#post65932254

Quite clearly wrote that HSBC had a 15-20% drop in the pound. If you had listened, you could made some money.

I am holding out for further drops in the next few months.

It was hardly your nugget of wisdom, it was plastered all over the media what the speculation would be lol. Its not like you predicted brexit, if you did you were better off putting your money on the bookies at a 12/1 odds.

Latest

Trending

Trending