The Student Room Group

average leave voter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry Bird
[video="youtube;_MewzYp8UJA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MewzYp8UJA[/video]

''the reality is actually hitting in'' ''our eyes actually woken''

LMFAO #N00BZ

Are you bitter?
What is your point exactly with this anecdotal evidence?
Original post by ManThatCan
Oh look! Sweeping Generalisations, here is something new!

Yup it's something new.
What does salty leftist mean?? I will reply if I want to.

Original post by Xelfrost
I'm argument dodging? How so? My argument is that you're a salty leftist. And you haven't proved that wrong.

In fact your constant replying to me is just proving me right. (Protip: Stop posting)

EU NEVER EVER
Original post by Kryptonian
What does salty leftist mean?? I will reply if I want to.

Google it. Here have some more laughing right-wingers:
Call me what you like. We're still Out. And no amount of leftist whining is going to change that.

I tried to see the positives of Brexit but what about the economy?? It has all been ruined.
Can you use other words. What does winger mean google shows a band :/
Google it. Here have some more laughing right-wingers:
I tried to see the positives of Brexit but what about the economy?? It has all been ruined.

On a serious note: Few who supported brexit did it on a short-term economical basis. We're in a culture war, this is about Globalism vs Nationalism. Perhaps looking at it from that angle will assist you in understanding.
On a serious note: Few who supported brexit did it on a short-term economical basis. We're in a culture war, this is about Globalism vs Nationalism. Perhaps looking at it from that angle will assist you in understanding.

Yup cheers.
How old are you if you don't mind me asking becasue age is a factor in how people vote.
Yup cheers.
How old are you if you don't mind me asking becasue age is a factor in how people vote.

Oh a lot of OLD people voted leave and educated people voted remain. Thoughts?

I agree a lot of old people voted Remain, and yes educated people did vote remain. But I'd also like to mention a lot of education systems are directly funded and influenced by EU deals so it makes sense that people who have been in those institutions and around particularly left wing professors and teachers would share views similar to their peers. Whereas people outside of that system tend to hold views that their local communities hold.
Reply 51
Original post by nucdev
Oh god another EU/Brexit thread :facepalm:

"Oh no, people want to talk about the single biggest decision we have ever had to make which will change the course of history, how dare they?"

I agree. A lot of old people remember what the UK was like before the EU and know what they had to give up to be members.That's not to say a lot of old people are uneducated however, as that would be ridiculous. And a large number of young people are students who were educated through EU funded universities and grew up in environments with left wing professors and teachers so it's only natural that they'd support the system they grew up with. There's an interesting book called "The Intelligence Paradox: Why the Intelligent Choice Isn't Always the Smart One." that looks into this particular subject. I'd recommend reading it at some point.
I agree a lot of old people voted Remain, and yes educated people did vote remain. But I'd also like to mention a lot of education systems are directly funded and influenced by EU deals so it makes sense that people who have been in those institutions and around particularly left wing professors and teachers would share views similar to their peers. Whereas people outside of that system tend to hold views that their local communities hold.

I agree. A lot of old people remember what the UK was like before the EU and know what they had to give up to be members.That's not to say a lot of old people are uneducated however, as that would be ridiculous. And a large number of young people are students who were educated through EU funded universities and grew up in environments with left wing professors and teachers so it's only natural that they'd support the system they grew up with. There's an interesting book called "The Intelligence Paradox: Why the Intelligent Choice Isn't Always the Smart One." that looks into this particular subject. I'd recommend reading it at some point.

g-d damn it, I double posted... My bad.

Yes I will read it thanks.

And apparently the old people don't care because they will be gone and they have nothing to lose thoughts?
g-d damn it, I double posted... My bad.

Don't worry you enjoy talking to me that's why.
"because, like, obviously the facts are coming in now"

Does she not have internet access or something? Because the facts have been available since this joke of a referendum was announced...
Yes I will read it thanks.

And apparently the old people don't care because they will be gone and they have nothing to lose thoughts?

I don't necessarily believe that's true. A lot of old people, at least the ones I know anyhow, genuinely believe that pulling us out of the EU will give the youth a blank canvas for them to build upon. You've got to remember that these are the people that actually know what life is like both in and out. And the fact they overwhelmingly voted to leave says a lot in my books.

Edit:
Don't worry you enjoy talking to me that's why.

I admit, now we're being civil it's enjoyable to discuss the subject.
I don't necessarily believe that's true. A lot of old people, at least the ones I know anyhow, genuinely believe that pulling us out of the EU will give the youth a blank canvas for them to build upon. You've got to remember that these are the people that actually know what life is like both in and out. And the fact they overwhelmingly voted to leave says a lot in my books.

Edit:

I admit, now we're being civil it's enjoyable to discuss the subject.

Oh ok. This is very interesting that I read.

http://www.capitalandconflict.com/make-or-break-time-for-britain
Reply 59
Original post by nucdev
Oh god another EU/Brexit thread :facepalm:

Well what do you expect???! This is literally the most important thing right now in international politics and domestic affairs. Brexit far outweighs everything else. Of course we have to talk about it, as much as possible, because there are lots of directions in which we can direct the trajectory of history!!

Quick Reply