The Student Room Group

I'm Polish can I still move to UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Magdax
Hi, I am Polish girl wanting to live in London. I have a few questions.

Will I be able to move to London easily to work? I am freelance web designer with experience, but I do not know I can find a job with a UK firm or not. Can I still live in the UK as freelancer? (not claiming Benefits)

I am not moving to UK immediately, when will UK make immigration change?

I have worked previously in UK for 1 year as a Barista and speak English

Nothing is changing until 1 year minimum, you can come and go here until then and will be able to stay permeant.
Original post by Yellow 03
It is not up to the "brexiters" to allow it or not. It is one of the things that will be imposed on them whether they like it or not.

Here is the admission of this very fact by one of the staunchest supporters of the Leave campaign: Daniel Hannan

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/eu-referendum-tory-campaigner-admits-brexit-immigration-some-control-a7102626.html

If they want access to the single market then that means free movement of people.
It is up to the Brexiters to decide if they wnat into the single market or not. So ues they do have a choice, but it comes with consequences.
Original post by Magdax

Will I be able to move to London easily to work? I am freelance web designer with experience, but I do not know I can find a job with a UK firm or not. Can I still live in the UK as freelancer? (not claiming Benefits)

no need to worry much cuz its gonna happen in about 2 years
Aww hey I'm Polish too!:smile:

I think you could still move here but you should try and get the job before you fully flip your life upside down and move here. It will take around 2 years for the UK to leave the EU but I think at this point they can't really stop you coming over. However, I heard something about the French boarder controlling who comes in and out and that they can deny people from coming into the UK but this is not 100%.
Just make sure to have a plan B and C!:redface:
Original post by 999tigger
If they want access to the single market then that means free movement of people.
It is up to the Brexiters to decide if they wnat into the single market or not. So ues they do have a choice, but it comes with consequences.

The Leave/Brexit campaigns have run consistently and without exception on a platform that declared both the intention and the need for the UK to have access to the EU single market. This has never been in question.
The Leave/Brexit campaigns have run consistently and without exception on a platform that declared both the intention and the need for the UK to have access to the EU single market. This has never been in question.

If thats the case then they have to reoncile that with the free movement of people and immigration, which was one of if not the biggest issue that people were persuaded by.

Anyway your quote didnt prove what you claimed.

Your statement that they would have it imposed on them whether they liked it or not was also false.
Original post by Magdax

Yes you can
Original post by Josb
You should try to find a way to justify £20,800 of income, because that's the limit for non-EU immigrants.

Or marry a British man.

Is it not 35k?

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/mar/12/eu-workers-deported-earning-less-35000-employees-americans-australians
You are no longer welcome, the British people are woke.
Reply 29

No, £20,800 to enter the UK.
£35,000 to stay after 5 years of residency.
Reply 30
You can move anywhere, anytime! This referendum does not mean you cannot work here. Although, it will make it much more harder
Reply 31
Original post by Magdax

Yes you can and to be very honest with you I do not think there will be any substantial changes for Poles in general, even the new ones who have never been in the UK before.

I think that we'll end up with a compromise (because of the Remainers pressure, especially in London, Scotland and Northern Ireland), which is parallel to that of Switzerland or Norway - though we will call it something else.

Many never wanted to leave the EU in the first place, and even some of the Leavers do support the free movement.
If thats the case then they have to reoncile that with the free movement of people and immigration, which was one of if not the biggest issue that people were persuaded by.

That's the whole point.

Anyway your quote didnt prove what you claimed.

Your statement that they would have it imposed on them whether they liked it or not was also false.

Just declaring that something is false without presenting any logical argument for what you say is a 10 year old's conversation. You seem to either make rhetorical statements just to make a statement or you have nothing to say other than repeat a point you misunderstand, or miss a point entirely. This is where I stop engaging with you any further. You have wasted enough of my time.
Original post by Josb
No, £20,800 to enter the UK.
£35,000 to stay after 5 years of residency.

Cool i see, thanks
If you spell out an acronym (for example UK or UN) then you need a "the" before it as you're missing from your title.

If you say it as a word (for example NATO or OPEC) then you can leave out the "the". :smile:

ps. my mother gave me a bottle of wisniowka when I last visited....truly delicious! :beer:
(edited 7 years ago)
That's the whole point.

Just declaring that something is false without presenting any logical argument for what you say is a 10 year old's conversation. You seem to either make rhetorical statements just to make a statement or you have nothing to say other than repeat a point you misunderstand, or miss a point entirely. This is where I stop engaging with you any further. You have wasted enough of my time.

Because you made a statement that was wrong.

When the Brexiters start negotiations they have a choice on what terms they wish to try and negotiate with the EU.

The EU will give them a take it or leave it deal which says single market access includes freedom of movement.and that is non negotiable. The EU cant impose that deal, but they can present fundamental conditions.

It's up to the the Brexiters whether they accept that or not. If they dont accept it then they will choose to go ahead without access to the single market and have the same status as any other country trading outside the EU rather than a country like Switzerland who have access. That choice remains with the Brexiters who are doing the negotiating on whether to accept or not. You suggest they have no choice, but they do, even if it is not very palatable.
Many Brexiters will prefer that if they get to control immigration.
Reply 36
bump
Removed.
(edited 7 years ago)
No **** off Britain is full. We have a crisis in our own working/underclass, rebuild your country and dont ****ing trash ours. We've got people eating off food banks here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending