The Student Room Group

Online GCSE distance learning - HELP!

Hi all!
I am from Wales but currently travelling Australia.

I want to resit my GCSE to apply for a Higher Education course and University and would like to study whilst travelling then sit my exam when I get home in December so I can apply for the Higher Access course.

Does anyone know a good company that is recognised by Colleges and Universities who do distance learning GCSE?

Thanks, Becky
Original post by beckyjohn1993
Hi all!
I am from Wales but currently travelling Australia.

I want to resit my GCSE to apply for a Higher Education course and University and would like to study whilst travelling then sit my exam when I get home in December so I can apply for the Higher Access course.

Does anyone know a good company that is recognised by Colleges and Universities who do distance learning GCSE?

Thanks, Becky

Hey! So I think it depends on what GCSE you would like to resit but I believe that the National Extension College might be a good option, I'll place the link for their GCSEs section down below :smile: Good luck!

https://www.nec.ac.uk/course-categories/gcses-igcses
Reply 2
I want to resit my GCSE to apply for a Higher Education course and University and would like to study whilst travelling then sit my exam when I get home in December

GCSEs are only available in early November and the Summer (MayJune). I think there is still an IGCSE option in January but you'd need to be entered by mid October. NEC is pretty decent.
Original post by Compost
GCSEs are only available in early November and the Summer (MayJune). I think there is still an IGCSE option in January but you'd need to be entered by mid October. NEC is pretty decent.

I've found an IGCSE where the exam is January. I've looked at them they seem expensive. I've been in contact with Cloud Learn they do3 GCSE (which I need) for £750... do you know anything about them by any chance?
Original post by EnglishMuffin29
Hey! So I think it depends on what GCSE you would like to resit but I believe that the National Extension College might be a good option, I'll place the link for their GCSEs section down below :smile: Good luck!

https://www.nec.ac.uk/course-categories/gcses-igcses

Thanks I'll have a look :smile:
Reply 5
I've found an IGCSE where the exam is January. I've looked at them they seem expensive. I've been in contact with Cloud Learn they do3 GCSE (which I need) for £750... do you know anything about them by any chance?

If you pick a GCSE/IGCSE without any controlled assessment/coursework and you think you can motivate yourself then you don't need to pay for a course -or you could spend the money on direct tuition on the bits you're struggling on.

The courses don't sort out the exam anyway. For that you need to find an exam centre (=any secondary school or college) willing to accept you as private candidate. That doesn't come cheap either.

Quick Reply

Latest