The Student Room Group

GCSE statistics edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Speedbird129
Yeah, you would just say it is cheaper as there is no need to pay the interviewers and it is a faster way of collecting lots of data. Obviously if it says "give one advantage" then you would only need to give one of these but apart from that you should be fine! Good luck!

Can I just say it's cheaper ?
Original post by Uhdfouhdgfiuh
Can I just say it's cheaper ?

Yeah you can but if you want to make sure you are getting all the marks a little explanation wouldn't decrease your marks, but overall just saying it's cheaper will get you the mark.
Yeah you can but if you want to make sure you are getting all the marks a little explanation wouldn't decrease your marks, but overall just saying it's cheaper will get you the mark.

Speed bird uv helped me so much thank you and also did you do a statistics GCSE paper before?
Speed bird uv helped me so much thank you and also did you do a statistics GCSE paper before?

I'll admit that I don't do GCSE Statistics.
So how do u know?
So how do u know?

Just reading the MS.
Just reading the MS.

Ohh ok
Ohh ok

Good luck anyway!
Also for any statistics people what is an explanatory variable
Also an advantage of a questionnaire (just to clarify again)
It is cheaper to do
It is a faster way of collecting lots of data
QUICK QUESTION GUYS !!
You know for the trend line and the seasonal moving averages. You know the question ( usually the last part ) it says estimate the .... for 2008 quarter 2. Use your answer to part (d). How do you know whether to add it or take it away ?!
Also another question - when drawing the line of best fit do you draw it through the mean ?
(edited 7 years ago)
So aqa might have different advantages than edexcel and Also have u done a statistics edexcel GCSEs paper before?
Also am just confused with the advantages as in my text book an advantage was easy to analyse but it's not there and also I'm scared of getting this question wrong so can you plz clarify the advantages of a QUESTIONNAIRE
Thx again for the help

I do Edexcel too. Yes I've done all of them !!
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
A different exam board doesn't change statistics as a whole! Just different styles of questions. So what Nisha said is full marks for advantages

Do you do Stats ?
Original post by nisha.sri
Do you do Stats ?

No but I know enough stats to understand his question! A lot overlaps with Maths :smile:
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
No but I know enough stats to understand his question! A lot overlaps with Maths :smile:

True !! Would you know the answer to this ? I need help.

when drawing the line of best fit do you draw it through the mean ?
Original post by nisha.sri
True !! Would you know the answer to this ? I need help.

when drawing the line of best fit do you draw it through the mean ?

The important thing is to make sure all points are close to the LOBF. If you're using range bars, make sure the line is within the range of the bars. So no, no line of best fit can pass through all means, but should be in close proximity :smile:
Yeah LOBF goes through mean of X and mean of Y. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest