The Student Room Group

EU student, gap year abroad before

I am concerned about a couple of things.
First of all: I'm an EU studen and have been accepted with a conditional offer, my university has classified me as a home/eu student with a 9000 pund fee to pay.
While I was filling the student finance form I noticed that they say that to be eligible for the loan I had to be from an EU country and lived there for three conscutive years before the start of my course.
Last year I took a gap year in Australia.
So will that affect the finance that I can get?
I'm an EU national! I just took a gap year with a working holiday visa!
Can please someone help? I'm in panic right now, if you count that with the UK leaving the EU I probably don't get student finance for all the three years of my course.
Thanks in advance.
Original post by Kiki4ever
I am concerned about a couple of things.
First of all: I'm an EU studen and have been accepted with a conditional offer, my university has classified me as a home/eu student with a 9000 pund fee to pay.
While I was filling the student finance form I noticed that they say that to be eligible for the loan I had to be from an EU country and lived there for three conscutive years before the start of my course.
Last year I took a gap year in Australia.
So will that affect the finance that I can get?
I'm an EU national! I just took a gap year with a working holiday visa!
Can please someone help? I'm in panic right now, if you count that with the UK leaving the EU I probably don't get student finance for all the three years of my course.
Thanks in advance.

All student finance decisions are based on "ordinary residence".

If you were away then if they ask declare that but you'll have your visa and bank records to show that the absence was temporary (and so your ordinary residence will be unaffected).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending