The Student Room Group

How would you react if parliament blocked EU exit?

The Lib Dems and some other MP's have already stated that they will try to block it.
If they are, somehow, successful, how would you react?

Scroll to see replies

I would be glad that they have finally seen sense.
Reply 2
There are 8 Lib Dem MPs.

Out of, what, 650? They have no power. Empty threat.
Original post by DJBay123
The Lib Dems and some other MP's have already stated that they will try to block it.

On the whole I would be very happy as it means I might still be able to get into the job sectors I want to work in
Reply 4
The Lib Dems alone cannot block it. However, if enough MPs from across all the parties form a majority, then yes they could block it. I would rejoice tbh; I know it's undemocratic but I know the public made the wrong choice.
Here come the Leave campaigners shouting "FFS IT'S DEMOCRACY WE VOTED 2 LEAVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!!1! " ....
Reply 6
If they (parliament) did it would be understandable.

But the anger from the leave side would also be understandable.

Either way I'm not gonna blame either side, this is an incredibly difficult choice for the UK Parliament to make.
--
But yeah as mentioned above, the lib dems certainly aren't bountiful in terms of MP numbers...
Reply 7
Would you all be ready to risk a block of democracy to stay in the EU?

Because the Lib Dem's are known for keeping their promises :rolleyes:
Be reviled by Lib Dems. I even got some dumb email asking me which way I voted, are they trying to root people out? Bit creepy. I would make sure that we rose up and kicked their arses all over again. I'm ****ing quaking Lib Dems.
Wouldn't care as I'm not living in the UK currently. What it would mean is I would withdraw my current business from the UK and set up somewhere else. I refuse to continue on with my business in the UK whilst it is tied to a zone that is on the brink of economic collapse.
If they do this, does this mean we can have as many general elections we like if we dont like rhe outcome. I would have loved ti stop camerons and blair fom entering number 10
Original post by drowzee
The Lib Dems alone cannot block it. However, if enough MPs from across all the parties form a majority, then yes they could block it. I would rejoice tbh; I know it's undemocratic but I know the public made the wrong choice.

Based on what your interpretation of the Guardian? what makes your analysis superior?
I'd have my faith restored in the British people if that happened.
Oh the Irony, people vote to leave the EU to regain sovereignty and democracy back and then have it blocked in favour to stay... you think that is going to solve the crisis long term?
You go against the will of the people now, and you permit the dismissal of democracy in the future.
Reply 16
The British way - grumble a lot and ultimately do nothing of consequence.
Original post by george_c00per
Here come the Leave campaigners shouting "FFS IT'S DEMOCRACY WE VOTED 2 LEAVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!!1! " ....

Yes, how utterly illogical(!).

Total fool.
Around 500,000 more people want a Brexit than to Stay in EU, So it won't go down well with people who want Brexit.

Simple as.

Numbers aren't exactly on their side, how do they plan to do that, pray tell?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending