The Student Room Group

essay remembering

so i have to do my spanish writing tomorrow after school and i have learnt one sentence out of 300 words and i can't find a way that helps me remember it. please help!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by spanglishgirl
so i have to do my spanish writing tomorrow after school and i have learnt one sentence and i can't find a way that helps me remember it. please help!

Write it out without looking, then write it out again and again and again and again until you know it. this method enabled me to learn 30 essays word for word in 3 months.
Original post by fefssdf
Write it out without looking, then write it out again and again and again and again until you know it. this method enabled me to learn 30 essays word for word in 3 months.

ill give it a go, thanks
What the above user said... Though I recommend doing it one sentence at a time. So you memorise the first sentence, the second, the third, then you write out all three without looking. Keep going like this until you complete it.

Alternatively, you could record yourself speaking it and memorise that. Listen to it over and over. Afterwards, you can focus on making sure your spelling, punctuation and grammar are all correct.
The aim with everything is to memorise.

You just have to keep going over it again and again to memorise.

I did Edexcel GCSE Chinese and so I had to remember the characters (Hanzi) for writing and so it did take a lot of time for me to remember them (100-200) but I managed to do it and get an A in both of my writing controlled assessments.

Here's 2 ideas:

Code word each sentence, starting with the first letter of every word and memorise it like that. Try writing the letter for each word for each sentence on a flash card.
E.g. (I studied a bit of Spanish too, I remember the sentence - My birthday is on the 11th of July... Mi cumpleanos es el once de julio .. so on a flashcard I would write
M, C, E, E, O, D, J).

Flashcard each sentence and learn it one by one. I didn't try flashcards for Languages (writing exams) but these ideas that have come to my mind seem helpful.
Original post by Legendary Quest
What the above user said... Though I recommend doing it one sentence at a time. So you memorise the first sentence, the second, the third, then you write out all three without looking. Keep going like this until you complete it.

Alternatively, you could record yourself speaking it and memorise that. Listen to it over and over. Afterwards, you can focus on making sure your spelling, punctuation and grammar are all correct.

i tried recording myself but it was just annoying but ill try doing just sentence by sentence thanks
Original post by sulaimanali
The aim with everything is to memorise.

You just have to keep going over it again and again to memorise.

I did Edexcel GCSE Chinese and so I had to remember the characters (Hanzi) for writing and so it did take a lot of time for me to remember them (100-200) but I managed to do it and get an A in both of my writing controlled assessments.

Here's 2 ideas:

Code word each sentence, starting with the first letter of every word and memorise it like that. Try writing the letter for each word for each sentence on a flash card.
E.g. (I studied a bit of Spanish too, I remember the sentence - My birthday is on the 11th of July... Mi cumpleanos es el once de julio .. so on a flashcard I would write
M, C, E, E, O, D, J).

Flashcard each sentence and learn it one by one. I didn't try flashcards for Languages (writing exams) but these ideas that have come to my mind seem helpful.

ahh that sounds like a really good idea thanks
ahh that sounds like a really good idea thanks

Welcome. :smile:

Coding was a technique that my Chinese teacher used in class for activities to help learning and it was quite challenging, but interesting!

And yeah, taking each part/chunk bit by bit is easier.
so i have to do my spanish writing tomorrow after school and i have learnt one sentence out of 300 words and i can't find a way that helps me remember it. please help!

If you've paid attention in class probably know more Spanish than you think you do. If you're really struggling to memorise the whole thing, make sure you memorise the high level sentences and that you're covering all the tenses. Make sure that you know key topic words and that you can ad lib during the exam if absolutely necessary - the last thing you want is for your mind to go blank during the test and to be completely stuck.

Quick Reply

Latest