The Student Room Group

How can I present 'entrepreneurial spirit'?

I'm trying to fill in the gaps for my personal statement, like doing more community service and applying for internships etc.

One thing I'm a bit stumped on is how to show that I have 'entrepreneurial spirit'.
Reply 1
Original post by amelienine
I'm trying to fill in the gaps for my personal statement, like doing more community service and applying for internships etc.

One thing I'm a bit stumped on is how to show that I have 'entrepreneurial spirit'.

Why do you need entrepreneurial spirit? You are applying for a degree not a job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
Why do you need entrepreneurial spirit? You are applying for a degree not a job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's something my teacher says I should demonstrate in my personal statement? I'm not too sure either
Reply 3
It's something my teacher says I should demonstrate in my personal statement? I'm not too sure either

For what course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you need to ask, does that mean you haven't got it??? :confused:
Reply 5

Unless you're applying to a very niche business course that teaches you to be an entrepreneur, this is unnecessary. Your teacher has just found a nice buzz word.

The above posters are right. You don't need to do this. In fact, unless you want to start your own business, or lead a newly-formed department in a large company, having entrepreneurial spirit, like perfectionism, would be seen as a significant disadvantage for a junior employee to have.

Totally irrelevant quality-would be nothing more than a waste of characters on your personal statement
If you can't think what to say about how you are an entrepreneur, you aren't an entrepreneur

Quick Reply

Latest