The Student Room Group

People who claim Brexiters are less intelligent than Bremainers...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Lord Gaben
No one's allowed to work for £3 an hour. It's against the law.

So because it's against the law it never happens? Shows the mollycoddled naive remain vote are pretty clueless about matters outside of their sheltered bubble. Source: I've worked on a building site when I needed extra money. I was on £7 an hour, the Eastern Europeans basically accept anything above £2 an hour and often can't communicate well enough to raise any suspicions.
And as for calling Brexiters stupid, my brother and sister voted leave. One of them has a degree from Kings College in Neuroscience and the other is graduating with a first class honours in Languages from Oxford.

Sad that they're considered stupid when they really aren't.
Original post by richpanda
There's no such thing as a 'wrong vote' you fool. You're quite clearly unintelligent from your grammatical ability. People can't have 'voted wrong'. They can have 'voted wrongly', but even that sounds like something a 7 year old would say.

I had the same thought too! His clunky prose style screams lack of intelligence and education, and yet he's lecturing Leave voters about their putative intelligence.

At this point, the Remainers will grasp to anything that allows them to save face.
Reply 43
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
There are some Brexiters who are using current events as an excuse to go around and tell people who have been in the UK for generations to go back to their country. Frankly it's disgusting. From what I've seen with the Brexiters here, a lot of them are fine with immigration as long as its controlled and its productive which is a fair point. To go onto another level and be a racist douche however, just makes all the nice Brexiters look bad.

I completely agree with you that it's disgusting. Bear in mind though, a fair few British Asians voted out!
Original post by sorry13

I could speak like this, with capital letters in all the right places, with all the correction punctuation. But you know what, I can't be bothered.

You remind me of people who get all C's at A-level and then say, "I could get A*s if I wanted to, I just can't be bothered"
Reply 45
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I am white
Took the buzzfeed privilege test and got like 40 lol
My family has been below poverty line frequently and we do not own the house we live in.

so blame the Tory government we voted in that made cuts to housing and to benefits, and enacted what's been called 'Food Bank England', not the EU... what we invest into the EU for the most part goes back to us, and yes it does aid other countries but what's wrong with helping poorer people from more disadvantage countries anyway? we're all one species, all humans. You wouldn't be saying this if you were in another country with an unstable government and poor infrastructure.
Reply 46
Original post by sorry13
brexit don't even have a f*cking exit plan
and yet somehow leavers feel somewhat ingratiated by the sheer disorganisation of their decision
p.s. you can use adverbs in the context of my sentence, if you knew who i was under my pseudonym you'd think twice about your crude words
and i'm not 7, i just happen to be part of the demographic that feels unwanted and ostracised from UK society since the outcome of this referendum was revealed

and when it is further cemented by 55+ voters saying "get the muslims out" on Channel 4 news, it's hard not to believe that we live in an inherently racist country
here's why people are uneducated, if you're leaving because of immigration, let me tell you now, they won't fix it, immigration will continue.
if you're complaining about the finances, blame the Tory government in power that we voted in democratically, that made cuts to education, the disabled, the NHS, and beyond.

please don't bloody patronise me on Student Room, it was the wrong vote, watch everybody suffer as a consequence of leaving the EU. watch it happen.
as for my grammar, i'm feeling pretty lazy

I could speak like this, with capital letters in all the right places, with all the correction punctuation. But you know what, I can't be bothered.

fk u m8 where mi fukkin ciggies im so uneduqqated yh xxxx

I bet you're really big and scary under that pseudonym big man. You must be famous! And scary! Anthony Joshua perhaps?
I completely agree with you that it's disgusting. Bear in mind though, a fair few British Asians voted out!

Pretty much everyone in my dad's workplace voted out and only 7 (out of 17) are white. My dad's telling me to stay in London for uni because of more hate crime due to Brexit but I don't want to :I
Original post by sorry13
so which newspaper did you read

To be fair, am im sure most leave supporters will say the same, but its hard to wake up in the morning and not see some apocalyptic rhetoric from the remain camp. It was hearing this and fact checking that i realised there were so many half baked truths.

Then when the ultimate question was asked about sovereignty and free movement, coupled with the question what do we actually get from the EU it made it pretty clear that leave will be more beneficial for our long term prosperity.

Investors have obviously put their eggs in the EU basket and now there is chaos because those bets haven't paid off, but where there is uncertainty there is opportunity for others, and come 10 years our investment opportunities will have acclimated to the new reality and we will be better off for it.
I'm predicted ABB and I voted leave, I don't think those grades makes me stupid.
Reply 50
Original post by Samiz
It's bigoted people like you, who are quick to generalize, who actually helped the leave campaign to win. Most remainers I've came across on here have been kind and open minded - I'm sorry that you had to have this person on your side.

Look darlin, not every Leave voter is racist. But every racist is a Leave voter. That's my view. That's based on my experiences from the life I've lived here in the UK. I can generalise because believe it or not, I've had enough experiences to. It's also cemented by a lot of facts. The Leave Campaign lied to you. The Remain Campaign gave more facts. You've been ****ed over sweetie. And that's why so many Leave voters are uneducated. Especially when they all rush to google "what is the EU" afterwards, as they have done.
Reply 51
There are some Brexiters who are using current events as an excuse to go around and tell people who have been in the UK for generations to go back to their country. Frankly it's disgusting. From what I've seen with the Brexiters here, a lot of them are fine with immigration as long as its controlled and its productive which is a fair point. To go onto another level and be a racist douche however, just makes all the nice Brexiters look bad.

It is quite disgusting, yes. Racial and nationality-based tensions in this country are high in many places. My home town is Oldham and it is a very good example. Communities of immigrants and people whose families have been there for a while are insular and separated and it seems to breed hate, distrust, discomfort, etc.
(original home town I mean..we left there long ago)
You usually start with 'people with a university degree are more likely to vote remain'. This is 2016. Anyone who can get 2 D grades at A level can get in to some university, albeit not often a quality university.

Let's take Kerry and James. Kerry is 22, and has just received her 2.2 in American Studies from the University of Wolverhampton. She voted remain because she wants to 'experience life' in Europe, and being in the EU will mean that she won't have to apply for a visa or pay roaming charges when she's on holiday before returning to work in a call centre.

James is also 22 and is the co-owner of a building contracting company that he started when he was 19. He voted leave because cheap migrant workers undercut British workers, and he is also worried about how the EU is becoming more authoritarian, and Turkey potentially joining it. He owns a home, has no debt and is called a racist by people online.

Still think a degree makes you more intelligent.

Lastly, the idea that Leave voters aren't just uneducated in general, but are also uneducated on the referendum. Because surely if they were educated, they'd vote remain, right? Right?.

Us working and even lower middle class people are fed up of being told what to do, how we're stupid and uneducated. Whilst you're sitting drinking coffee and eating artisan bread and reading the Guardian, we see nothing of benefit from the EU.

So your saying that leavers can't even get the qualifications to do American studies at Wolverhampton. No wonder everyone thinks brexiters are stupid.
Reply 53
It is quite disgusting, yes. Racial and nationality-based tensions in this country are high in many places. My home town is Oldham and it is a very good example. Communities of immigrants and people whose families have been there for a while are insular and separated and it seems to breed hate, distrust, discomfort, etc.

That's because those immigrants aren't integrated enough into UK society by EUK citizens, and some immigrants quite rightly have reservations about integrating because they think it will devalue their culture or pride or something.

It happened to my aunt the other day. She was walking down the street when some guy told her to go back to her country (and I'm saying it nicely here it was much ruder). It's sad because she's British by birth, has integrated perfectly well and voted out.
Reply 55
Original post by sorry13
so blame the Tory government we voted in that made cuts to housing and to benefits, and enacted what's been called 'Food Bank England', not the EU... what we invest into the EU for the most part goes back to us, and yes it does aid other countries but what's wrong with helping poorer people from more disadvantage countries anyway? we're all one species, all humans. You wouldn't be saying this if you were in another country with an unstable government and poor infrastructure.

I do blame them for many things. To be honest my parent's business has been doing well lately so can't really blame the Tory government for any of our woes, but I understand what they have done to other people. I never stated I voted because I felt the EU was in any way responsible. I agree with some foreign aid and I don't think Britain will stop giving it.
Original post by sorry13
Look darlin, not every Leave voter is racist. But every racist is a Leave voter. That's my view. That's based on my experiences from the life I've lived here in the UK. I can generalise because believe it or not, I've had enough experiences to. It's also cemented by a lot of facts. The Leave Campaign lied to you. The Remain Campaign gave more facts. You've been f*cked over sweetie. And that's why so many Leave voters are uneducated. Especially when they all rush to google "what is the EU" afterwards, as they have done.

Somebody has clearly forgotten the anti semitism in the upper echelons of the labour party. There are racists on both sides.
Original post by sorry13
That's because those immigrants aren't integrated enough into UK society by EUK citizens, and some immigrants quite rightly have reservations about integrating because they think it will devalue their culture or pride or something.

Erm no. A racist isn't going to check if immigrants have integrated or not. It'll look out for a different skin colour and no matter how well integrated they are, they're still "lower than whites" to the racists.
Reply 58
Pretty much everyone in my dad's workplace voted out and only 7 (out of 17) are white. My dad's telling me to stay in London for uni because of more hate crime due to Brexit but I don't want to :I

I lived in a village of 3000 people-ish, I'd guess 90% of people voted out, probably including the 20 or so people of non-white ethnicity. They are loved and accepted by everyone, and there has never been any trouble apart from the odd chav shouting paki or something like that when they get nicked for shoplifting.

I know that people in London often like to generalise country people as racist, but it's completely untrue. Act like a good person, you will be treated like a good person.

I don't think hate crime will increase due to Brexit. Perhaps racist shouting etc, but not violent crime.
Reply 59
Original post by AverageExcellence
To be fair, am im sure most leave supporters will say the same, but its hard to wake up in the morning and not see some apocalyptic rhetoric from the remain camp. It was hearing this and fact checking that i realised there were so many half baked truths.

Then when the ultimate question was asked about sovereignty and free movement, coupled with the question what do we actually get from the EU it made it pretty clear that leave will be more beneficial for our long term prosperity.

Investors have obviously put their eggs in the EU basket and now there is chaos because those bets haven't paid off, but where there is uncertainty there is opportunity for others, and come 10 years our investment opportunities will have acclimated to the new reality and we will be better off for it.

You're repeated a lie that has been enforced by people like Farage. Even Johnson is saying that long term prosperity may not be guaranteed, instead traders will no longer export from us because it is too expensive, and prices will go up for us as imports will be extremely expensive. The NHS isn't receiving that imaginary figure of £350 million. Leave campaigners have admitted to lying to you. There's no Brexit plan enforced, the government's gone quiet, you know why? Because they have no idea what the hell they're going to do. The intelligence of the UK population was severely misjudged by Cameron.

Quick Reply