The Student Room Group

People who claim Brexiters are less intelligent than Bremainers...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by garfeeled
So your saying that leavers can't even get the qualifications to do American studies at Wolverhampton. No wonder everyone thinks brexiters are stupid.

Does everyone think that? Or are you stuck in a rather pathetic middle-class bubble and with your limited social circle you don't really know clever Brexiters?

My two most intelligent friends, both Oxford graduates, vote Leave. But they don't have that desperate middle/lower-middle class need to assert their "little European" identity as a cipher for sophistication and worldliness that isn't actually there.
Original post by richpanda
I lived in a village of 3000 people-ish, I'd guess 90% of people voted out, probably including the 20 or so people of non-white ethnicity. They are loved and accepted by everyone, and there has never been any trouble apart from the odd chav shouting paki or something like that when they get nicked for shoplifting.

I know that people in London often like to generalise country people as racist, but it's completely untrue. Act like a good person, you will be treated like a good person.

I don't think hate crime will increase due to Brexit. Perhaps racist shouting etc, but not violent crime.

The place I want to move to for uni isn't even that white dominated either. But yeah I think it's because London voted remain and outside of London didn't.
Reply 62
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Erm no. A racist isn't going to check if immigrants have integrated or not. It'll look out for a different skin colour and no matter how well integrated they are, they're still "lower than whites" to the racists.

Sweetie, I was talking about why people behave in a racist way. They'll claim that immigrants don't learn to speak English for example, and the reason immigrants might not have learned English is because we haven't integrated them properly. So they stay in close communities of similar demographics because they feel ostracised by White British citizens.

I'm the daughter of an immigrant, I would know.
Reply 63
Original post by garfeeled
So your saying that leavers can't even get the qualifications to do American studies at Wolverhampton. No wonder everyone thinks brexiters are stupid.

This isn't a brexit vs remain argument. This was showing that a university education does not make you more intelligent than someone without one. I'm sure James is academic enough to get 2 D grades at A level if he can set up a successful business.
Reply 64
Original post by TercioOfParma
Somebody has clearly forgotten the anti semitism in the upper echelons of the labour party. There are racists on both sides.

Those people were sacked? Or dismissed? Like, it's still not tolerated, have you forgotten that? I think the left wing is more accommodating to diversity and equality than the right wing is...
Original post by sorry13
Sweetie, I was talking about why people behave in a racist way. They'll claim that immigrants don't learn to speak English for example, and the reason immigrants might not have learned English is because we haven't integrated them properly. So they stay in close communities of similar demographics because they feel ostracised by White British citizens.

I'm the daughter of an immigrant, I would know.

You won't win any friends here by being condescending.
Reply 66
You won't win any friends here by being condescending.

Who said anything about winning friends?
Original post by sorry13
Who said anything about winning friends?

Well, you make yourself look like a ****** if you condescend, so you're just shooting yourself in the foot. As a remain voter I thought you'd be clever enough to realise that.
Reply 68
Well, you make yourself look like a ****** if you condescend, so you're just shooting yourself in the foot. As a remain voter I thought you'd be clever enough to realise that.

I don't have to justify the tone of my messages, to you, a random person on the internet. If you're INFERRING that I'm being condescending, by all means, infer away. Not relevant to this conversation. There's time for personality punching later on.
Original post by sorry13
You're repeated a lie that has been enforced by people like Farage. Even Johnson is saying that long term prosperity may not be guaranteed, instead traders will no longer export from us because it is too expensive, and prices will go up for us as imports will be extremely expensive. The NHS isn't receiving that imaginary figure of £350 million. Leave campaigners have admitted to lying to you. There's no Brexit plan enforced, the government's gone quiet, you know why? Because they have no idea what the hell they're going to do. The intelligence of the UK population was severely misjudged by Cameron.

You are making unsubstantiated conjecture, we will get a free trade agreement no doubt because South Korea, Israel, Vietnam and Canada have one.. so the arguments of lack of free trade hampering prosperity is a blatant falsehood. The issue we need to arrange is the free movement of services, which im sure we can come to an arrangement on.

The 350m on the NHS is the biggest bs of all. The overall argument was we would not be sending that to pay for free trade of which we are a net contributor. It was on one bus and farage never promised or said it.

The plan is dependent on negotiation, it would be unwise for a government which campaigned so vehemently for remain to negotiate the best terms for brexit, it would be like getting the foxes to negotiate the safety of the chicken coup, hence why we are waiting for a comprehensive government transition to begin the negotiation of our lifetimes most likely. Like Merkel said there is no immediate rush and this must be done with great care for both our sakes.

60% of our trade is with countries outside the EU which will likely increase as a result of our leaving, the EU is a shrinking market place, we are not leaving a bulwark of economic strength and stability, greece is about to default again for the 4th or 5th time and soon Italy will join it, when that day comes the EU will be unsustainable and we will at least be more shielded from the fallout than we otherwise would have been.
Original post by sorry13
I don't have to justify the tone of my messages, to you, a random person on the internet. If you're INFERRING that I'm being condescending, by all means, infer away. Not relevant to this conversation. There's time for personality punching later on.

You literally called her sweetie. The tone of your message is as important as the content. Me, a mere denizen of the internet lol.

Keep going, you're just making yourself look worse.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sorry13
stop showing off

you jelly of my smarty?
When you break it down to individuals you can see both sides have their fair share of idiots.
Reply 73
Original post by AverageExcellence
You are making unsubstantiated conjecture, we will get a free trade agreement no doubt because South Korea, Israel, Vietnam and Canada have one.. so the arguments of lack of free trade hampering prosperity is a blatant falsehood. The issue we need to arrange is the free movement of services, which im sure we can come to an arrangement on.

The 350m on the NHS is the biggest bs of all. The overall argument was we would not be sending that to pay for free trade of which we are a net contributor. It was on one bus and farage never promised or said it.

The plan is dependent on negotiation, it would be unwise for a government which campaigned so vehemently for remain to negotiate the best terms for brexit, it would be like getting the foxes to negotiate the safety of the chicken coup, hence why we are waiting for a comprehensive government transition to begin the negotiation of our lifetimes most likely. Like Merkel said there is no immediate rush and this must be done with great care for both our sakes.

60% of our trade is with countries outside the EU which will likely increase as a result of our leaving, the EU is a shrinking market place, we are not leaving a bulwark of economic strength and stability, greece is about to default again for the 4th or 5th time and soon Italy will join it, when that day comes the EU will be unsustainable and we will at least be more shielded from the fallout than we otherwise would have been.

The NHS stuff was on the side of his bloody advert bus. Which he travelled inside.
There's no such thing as peaceful negotiation or leaving the EU on good terms, every country in the EU will do their best to take their economies and surpass our own. They'll trade off from each other. We'll sit sinking in the water. Free movement might not happen. And the EU is not a shrinking market place, it's one of the biggest in the world. These other countries, South Korea, Israel, Vietnam, Canada, you know who pulls their strings? USA in most part. They also have unstable governments and poor infrastructure.
It's better to be inside making decisions and be at the table discussing things and negotiating, than to be out and not have a say, as Norway are. Your vote has actually removed our voice from a table that needs our voice to be heard. It is overall undemocratic. We'll never get our voices heard. Farage should've bloody come forward and said it was a lie from the beginning then shouldn't he? Done the honourable thing for a change. He's a no-good racist b*stard and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could thrown him.
Reply 74
Original post by AverageExcellence
you jelly of my smarty?

No, I've done better than you in my education, I'm just not voicing it. Because there's a difference between institutionalised education and common sense.
Reply 75
Original post by sorry13
You're repeated a lie that has been enforced by people like Farage. Even Johnson is saying that long term prosperity may not be guaranteed, instead traders will no longer export from us because it is too expensive, and prices will go up for us as imports will be extremely expensive. The NHS isn't receiving that imaginary figure of £350 million. Leave campaigners have admitted to lying to you. There's no Brexit plan enforced, the government's gone quiet, you know why? Because they have no idea what the hell they're going to do. The intelligence of the UK population was severely misjudged by Cameron.

The Leave campaign don't have a plan because the Leave campaign is not a political party or in government. The next government will devise the plan. However the campaign a few weeks ago did suggest a few things the UK could enact post Brexit.

The biggest bank in Germany said that Britain would thrive post Brexit.

We voted to leave on Friday, less than 2 days ago. Since then, America, Canada, South Korea, Iceland, Switzerland, Ghana, Australia and New Zealand to name a few have spoken about negotiating close, free trade relations with us. In the long term, we'll be more prosperous in terms of trade as we can finally negotiate our own trade deals.

And both campaigns have lied. Apparently voting to leave would cost 3,000,000 jobs, and families will be £4,300 a year worse off. Just two lies from the remain campaign.

"traders will no longer export from us because it is too expensive" So every single company/business/trader is going to suddenly stop exporting any single thing from us. And you have the audacity to criticize others' intelligence?
Reply 76
You literally called her sweetie. The tone of your message is as important as the content. Me, a mere denizen of the internet lol.

Keep going, you're just making yourself look worse.

I don't really care, I mean why does it truly matter to you? I don't like it when people assert their opinions about racists when they're just regurgitating whatever the media's said to them, I cleared it up. I told her that immigrants aren't integrated. Don't test me.
Original post by sorry13
I don't really care, I mean why does it truly matter to you? I don't like it when people assert their opinions about racists when they're just regurgitating whatever the media's said to them, I cleared it up. I told her that immigrants aren't integrated. Don't test me.

Well, if you're trying to make a case you should do it with decorum. You just make yourself look stupid, I am trying to help you here.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
And as for calling Brexiters stupid, my brother and sister voted leave. One of them has a degree from Kings College in Neuroscience and the other is graduating with a first class honours in Languages from Oxford.

Sad that they're considered stupid when they really aren't.

Don't languages have some of the highest percentage intake out of all the degrees at Oxford?
Original post by MintyMilk
Don't languages have some of the highest percentage intake out of all the degrees at Oxford?

Nope it's one of the lowest.

Quick Reply