The Student Room Group

Statistics GCSE 2016

Scroll to see replies

I've done 2 papers so far. Going to go over some more notes and do a final past paper. I was a few marks of an A* in my last. :frown: Oh well sometimes in life it happens. :smile:
Hi!!

I was reading through the specification and was wondering how would you design a sampling frame??
Original post by wenqi.s
Hi!!

I was reading through the specification and was wondering how would you design a sampling frame??

A sampling frame is like a list right ?
Original post by nisha.sri
A sampling frame is like a list right ?

Yeah, I think so.
So in order to design one, would you say, a list of whatever?
Original post by fruit shoot
I've done 2 papers so far. Going to go over some more notes and do a final past paper. I was a few marks of an A* in my last. :frown: Oh well sometimes in life it happens. :smile:

Aww... Hope you get an A* in the real one!! Are you doing it tomorrow??
Original post by wenqi.s
Yeah, I think so.
So in order to design one, would you say, a list of whatever?

I guess because you can't really design one if you get me although you can say for example lists of people who pay tax and stuff like that :smile:
I guess because you can't really design one if you get me although you can say for example lists of people who pay tax and stuff like that :smile:

I think I might have read the one for the coursework... :tongue: Thanks!!
Original post by wenqi.s

Lol ok :smile: I'm reading through the spec too :smile:
Original post by wenqi.s

Oh no it's not for the Coursework one !!
Lol ok :smile: I'm reading through the spec too :smile:

I panicked a bit when hkirkpatrick talked about weighted index numbers so now I'm reading through the spec to make sure I don't miss anything... :biggrin:
I came across Cartesian grids in the spec. Does anyone know how they work?? It says 'understand and use Venn diagrams and Cartesian grids'. I know how to use Venn diagrams but Cartesian grids I don't so plz can someone explain this to me??
For AQA, it is very likely that they will ask about standard deviation. Those guys at AQA love it.
Original post by wenqi.s
I came across Cartesian grids in the spec. Does anyone know how they work?? It says 'understand and use Venn diagrams and Cartesian grids'. I know how to use Venn diagrams but Cartesian grids I don't so plz can someone explain this to me??

I saw that too what the h*** is that ?

DID YOU LEARN THIS ?!
understand the advantages and disadvantages of each of the measuresof dispersion range, quartiles, interquartile range, percentiles, deciles,interpercentile range, variance and standard deviation
DID YOU LEARN THIS ?!
understand the advantages and disadvantages of each of the measuresof dispersion range, quartiles, interquartile range, percentiles, deciles,interpercentile range, variance and standard deviation
I saw that too what the h*** is that ?

DID YOU LEARN THIS ?!

I kind of did but the Cartesian grids threw me off completely :frown:
I'll have to ask my teacher next morning...
Original post by wenqi.s
I think it should be about the same...

Nowhere does it say that I am going to do binominal distribution.
Original post by wenqi.s
I kind of did but the Cartesian grids threw me off completely :frown:
I'll have to ask my teacher next morning...

What about percentiles and all that ?!
SAME i'm going at 7.30 tomorrow so i shall ask him :smile:
Original post by stoyfan
Nowhere does it say that I am going to do binominal distribution.

It does at the very very bottom of the content
What about percentiles and all that ?!
SAME i'm going at 7.30 tomorrow so i shall ask him :smile:

I think my teacher didn't teach me half the content :frown:
What??? where did you get that.??? In my statistics AQA textbook, it says nothing about this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending