The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Absolutely not.
Agreed London is great eventhough I've never been. I've heard good things.
Original post by Withengar
If there's any city on Earth which best encapsulates the human condition; its highs and its lows, its triumphs and its failures, its ability to destroy and its ability to rise from the ashes, then that city has to be Berlin.

Berlin is a city of both ancient and recent history, city of unity and division, city which one spawned dread and which now creates hope. Berlin is humanity in a nutshell. That's why it's the best.

Yeh, I love Berlin.
Paris is prettier
New York is more of a spectacle and more important financially
San Francisco has a better location
Los Angeles has more celebrities

But overall it's not bad. I'd say it's up there as a whole package for living in. As a tourist, it's ****.
Original post by MnWhCntBMvd
Paris is prettier
New York is more of a spectacle and more important financially
San Francisco has a better location
Los Angeles has more celebrities

But overall it's not bad. I'd say it's up there as a whole package for living in. As a tourist, it's ****.

Paris is only good for food and shopping, but it is a bland city

New York, I agree, but it can get too hectic, but the city is losing its character

San Fran has nice views, but you cannot explore the city without running into homeless people.

Los Angeles can be hit and miss, I mean you fo to la to experience weather, but the tourist sections can be real shady.

And do not forget the homeless people
(edited 7 years ago)
London can refer to either Greater London or the City of London. Which one do you mean?

If we're comparing cities and boroughs, then Westminster is better from an American tourist's perspective. The reason is that it has almost everything Americans want to see when we go to London. Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, and the Palace of Westminster.

Many parts of Greater London are not necessarily good places to visit... you feel like you just walked down the wrong alley in New York and you instinctively worry about getting mugged.
Manchester.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Manchester.

I almost choked on my drink
Reply 28
ICEN_Prophet
HAHAHAHA NO.
It's FAR from being the best or even in the top100.

Before some funky roadman starts hating on my gist I have to say that I live in London..

where in London? :tongue:

Original post by alexschmalex
I almost choked on my drink

Haha :wink::tongue::wink:
Reply 30
Dreadful place.
I like roadmen.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Does tsr agree?

Only if you don't use your passport.
The Best Cities To Live in the World 2015Top 10 Best Cities To Live
10 | Toronto, Canada
9 | Berlin, Germany
8 | Munich, Germany
7 | Tokyo, Japan
6 | Auckland, New Zealand
5 | Zurich, Switzerland
4 | Sydney, Australia
3 | Melbourne, Australia
2 | Vancouver, Canada
1 | Vienna, Austria

I think London is interesting and a place people should try, but I wouldnt say its near the best.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Does tsr agree?

not the world
as several American cities (Detroit, new york, las vegas, Los Angeles, Carlsbad)are better but in Europe, London is the best
Reply 35
One of the best. It has everything
very subjective question and it depends on how you measure how good a city is. For me, it is cuz its the city I grew up in, Im used to the culture in London, London is a place which is home to people from all over the world. It feel like home to me, that's why it the best imo. But for someone from Tokyo, they'd probs disagree with me.
I disagree

Latest