The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Student life at Nottingham

Yesterday I visited Nottingham University and was very impressed by the campus, location, facilities, course and accommodation. It was my 4th university visit and out of the 4 this one has to be my favourite. So for my course I need ABB which I think is reasonable if I put my work in and keep up to date with all work.

However I have one problem. My ex-boyfriend is in the year above me and his 1st choice is Nottingham University and I am sure he will get in as he is very hard-working. The problem is me and my ex boyfriend didn't end on the best of terms as he really hurt me and I honestly want nothing to do with him as I am still trying to get over it all and it is proving tough. In my opinion I'd rather have nothing to do with him and not have to see him. However, I don't want the thought of my ex boyfriend attending a university to put me off. So I was wondering if anyone who attends the university, is it likely that I will see him or bump into him? I know it's a bit of a strange question, but I understand there is 30,000 students and was wondering what's the likelihood of seeing someone in the year above around? We are taking completely different courses - his is more science/maths based and mine is Social Sciences. Also has anyone had any similar experiences. I hope within this year I do get over him too. Thanks.
I've just finished my first year at Nottingham and I can tell you now there's a lot of people! I'm guessing that you will be on uni park campus and I know people who From my sixth form who went as well and I rarely see them. The most you will ever really see if someone is maybe the odd glance and they're walking around campus! Believe me, it's a big place and you don't really run into people unless you're looking out for them.
Notts is such a great place and it was my favourite when I went around universities. If you really want to go, don't let that stop you!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Phew, thank you! I am just hoping I am completely over him by then and so if I do walk past him or what not it doesn't bother me in anyway. I'm glad you're enjoying it there. Can I ask what other uni's you looked at and what course you do? It's interesting to know what other people do :smile:
Original post by undergrad2k17
Phew, thank you! I am just hoping I am completely over him by then and so if I do walk past him or what not it doesn't bother me in anyway. I'm glad you're enjoying it there. Can I ask what other uni's you looked at and what course you do? It's interesting to know what other people do :smile:

Well with time, you hopefully will be! I looked around Nottingham (obviously), Manchester, Sheffield and Newcastle and Nottingham was always my favourite. I could just see myself there and I really liked the atmosphere and the course there. A year later and I'm so happy with my choice! I'm doing chemical engineering.
Reply 4
Original post by Lkathryn08
Well with time, you hopefully will be! I looked around Nottingham (obviously), Manchester, Sheffield and Newcastle and Nottingham was always my favourite. I could just see myself there and I really liked the atmosphere and the course there. A year later and I'm so happy with my choice! I'm doing chemical engineering.

I was wondering if you know how lenient Nottingham is with engineering offers, in particular civil? I know it sounds a bit cheeky but did you or anyone you know not meet your offer but still get in? I am probably worrying too much but would love to know haha. Thanks.

and @OP, I wouldnt let someone else determine your future. Go for what you want. I bet in a year you wont have even remembered making this post, let alone worrying about what your ex has applied for!
Original post by duncant
I was wondering if you know how lenient Nottingham is with engineering offers, in particular civil? I know it sounds a bit cheeky but did you or anyone you know not meet your offer but still get in? I am probably worrying too much but would love to know haha. Thanks.

and @OP, I wouldnt let someone else determine your future. Go for what you want. I bet in a year you wont have even remembered making this post, let alone worrying about what your ex has applied for!

Well, I don't know specifically for civil but on my course and mechanical engineering people who have gotten in with AAB so if you're worried about results they can be slightly lenient.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending